IGNORED

Albert Adomah. Championship record holder

CyderInACan

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Love that he plays for QPR now. Not enough players get the chance to play for their team. 

I remember that season we were so shit. Literally the only outlet we had was pass it to Albert and let him run at them. Proper top bloke. 

Remember that fondly, one of a very few things I remember about that group fondly! Always played with a smile on his face. Congratulations Albert, great achievement. COYR 

• Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do recall a player who seems so fondly remembered by fans or all clubs he played for.

Just got the impression that he loves being able to get paid to kick a ball and everyday he probably pinches himself and thinks... wow! This has really happened. Always played with a smile 

I always remember him coming back to AG with Boro and he was warming up in front of the SS. A young lad asked for his autograph and Albert took his training top off, signed it and gave it to him. It was the game he shanked one over the bar from about a yard out - I still maintain to this day he couldn`t bring himself to score against us.

Top man is Albert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so apologies in advance, but just seen this seeing that Albert, bless him, now holds the record for the most championship appearances. 

No mean feat when you consider his route into professional football. Definitely a bit of a legend in these parts  

congratulations Uncle Albert. What a top man (as Geoff would say!) 

Thanks for highlighting this - but is this one of those “football didn’t exist before...” stories? - in other words, are you comparing his ‘championship’ appearances to every other player who has performed in the second tier of English football? The championship hasn’t been around for as long at the second tier of English football - but fair play if Albert has eclipsed the appearance record in the second division of English football ... it’s a bit like that crap stat that’s trotted out about Jamie Vardy scoring in the most consecutive premier league games - when a guy from Sheffield United scored in more consecutive top flight games than Vardy many moons before - many modern stats are just useless and groundless and irrelevant ... 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for highlighting this - but is this one of those “football didn’t exist before...” stories? - in other words, are you comparing his ‘championship’ appearances to every other player who has performed in the second tier of English football? The championship hasn’t been around for as long at the second tier of English football - but fair play if Albert has eclipsed the appearance record in the second division of English football ... it’s a bit like that crap stat that’s trotted out about Jamie Vardy scoring in the most consecutive premier league games - when a guy from Sheffield United scored in more consecutive top flight games than Vardy many moons before - many modern stats are just useless and groundless and irrelevant ... 

Given it specifically says Championship it's probably talking about the Championship. Even if some random bloke 90 years ago played 30 more games than him who cares? It's still a great achievement.

That doesn't make it useless, groundless, or irrelevant? Weird comment.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Down boy!

Really enjoyed watching him play for us. Loved it when he applauded City fans at Villa Park a few seasons back too, he was given a great reception throughout the game. 

Unfortunately some youngsters, not far from me in the South Stand/Dolman corner, were booing him the other week. Only 50 or so, but enough that he would've heard it. It really disappointed me. A sign of the times maybe, it seems the youngsters find it cool to boo any player who has the audacity to leave City. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Love that he plays for QPR now. Not enough players get the chance to play for their team. 

I remember that season we were so shit. Literally the only outlet we had was pass it to Albert and let him run at them. Proper top bloke. 

Marcus Stewart did it wit.....

Never mind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Just like the season under SOD but change Albert for JET, the only 2 occasions when we were genuinely a one man team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Given it specifically says Championship it's probably talking about the Championship. Even if some random bloke 90 years ago played 30 more games than him who cares? It's still a great achievement.

That doesn't make it useless, groundless, or irrelevant? Weird comment.

The second tier of English football was called the Second Division for 100 years, then it was called the First Division for 12 years and now it has been known as the Championship for 17 years - I just think it’s a bit strange to have records that only acknowledge the last 17 years of the 129 year existence of tier two ...

• Like 4