IGNORED

There will be no TANGO MEN against City on Tuesday

Never to the dark side

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Luton will play in white tops black shorts and white socks in support of the campaign for home less people

I love seeing the purple and lime kit on away games under the lights,it dazzles the opposition

Just think back to the 6-0 away win at Bradford

I always thought white shirts and black shorts was Luton’s colours, well that’s how I’ve always remembered them!

12 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

I always think of them like this.

See the source image

And me. This was my first club and that fantastic Admiral kit was worn when promoted to the First Division. Behind the squad is the old Bobbers Stand which has since been converted into Executive boxes.

I moved back with my family to Bristol in 1977. 

The Oak Road Stand is now the Away End. In my day it was for the home supporters as the Away End (Kenilworth Road) was an open terrace. 

I would say that photo is around 1975. Peter Anderson was sold to a Belgian team around that time. My hero, John Aston, isn't in the photo. Denied! Neither is Ron Futcher but he wasn't a hero. His twin brother Paul was a magnificent player though. What we could do with someone like him today.

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I always thought white shirts and black shorts was Luton’s colours, well that’s how I’ve always remembered them!

I always thought of Blackpool as playing in orange shirts, so was disappointed when I first saw them at Ashton Gate as they played in white.

I must say, though, the kit did look very nice, and it was wonderful watching Alan Skirton, who played very well and later signed for City.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

City in all black, and Luton in white shirts with black shorts. This means there must have been special dispensation from the referee for the teams to wear shorts of the same colour.

Luton must also have used their one game allowance to change from their home kit at Kenilworth Road.

Maybe we are wearing our white shorts like we did v Brentford (a) a couple of seasons back. I quite liked that. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe we are wearing our white shorts like we did v Brentford (a) a couple of seasons back. I quite liked that. 

Black shirt with the white shorts...yeh could be I suppose. Should be decent kit choices that are clearly distinguishable by all, shouldn't be a problem even under the lights.

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

City in all black, and Luton in white shirts with black shorts. This means there must have been special dispensation from the referee for the teams to wear shorts of the same colour.

Luton must also have used their one game allowance to change from their home kit at Kenilworth Road.

I suppose city could wear red shirts and white shorts!?