IGNORED

Luton Town away match day thread

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They may not be at Kenilworth Rd for too much longer. They've completed a land deal which should see them start work quite soon on a new 23,000 seater stadium in the centre of Luton:

New Luton Town stadium moves closer after land sale - BBC News 

The site is about a mile east of Kenilworth Rd. Good to see a new stadium in a central location, instead of being out-of-town.

Its slap bang in the middle of town and under 5 mins walk from the railway station - agree its great if this goes through in the centre of a town - Mind you luton could do with as much investment in the centre as possible!........ 

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

As well as supporting BCFC you’ll have the chance to support the charity NOAH tonight: 

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2022/january/noah/

New Opportunities and Horizons.

I thought I had some vague recollection of reading something about this charity, but couldn't remember what.

So I looked them up.

Quite an interesting and humbling background, with a minor connection to Bristol.

In case anybody is interested.

https://noahenterprise.org/who-we-are/history/

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pearson is featured in today's Squires strip. Nice to know that managing a Luton v City game is the equivalent of being 'off-grid and loving life'.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2022/jan/25/david-squires-on-drones-ghost-ships-and-a-weird-premier-league-weekend

image.thumb.png.9fc9ff423f7a112eb688d80f54d2c7bb.png

image.thumb.png.60a09c05f38993645f7bbb851a664f58.png

He even manages to get in a none too subtle dig at Mike Dean ?.

5 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Just for the usual laughs, this is the entrance to the away end. Go through someone's back garden and up the steps and you'll find the ground, can't miss it.

image.thumb.png.167de9b6f7130e372c8a4b9ef4f800b8.png

Away End?  More like the "Home" End.

When you go through the turnstiles, you probably end up in someone's living room.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Away End?  More like the "Home" End.

When you go through the turnstiles, you probably end up in someone's living room.

You definitely end up going through some people's back yards. I remember someone trying to knick someone's knickers hanging on the line back in the day on the way up the steps to the back of the stand! 

48 minutes ago, tin said:

You definitely end up going through some people's back yards. I remember someone trying to knick someone's knickers hanging on the line back in the day on the way up the steps to the back of the stand! 

Shat his pants and needed a quick change I guess!  Happens to the best of us !!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, tin said:

Not Arnold Layne by any chance?

Edited by pongo88
9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Judging by the sign on the red wooden doors, I would guess it was The West Stand ?

Cheers I never zoomed in close so missed the sign, that's the stand thats nearest to the Emirates and the road was used for away fans to get back to the coaches near the railway lines or go the other way to the tube station.

Edited by Shaun Taylor