IGNORED

Luton Town away match day thread

Just now, nickolas said:

Shock. O’Leary flapping. 
any chance of Bentley again please. Sod ur distribution, give me saves. 

Bentley is literally just as guilty of sticking to his line and not attacking the ball - its literally what I'd be most critical of him on. Max needed to do better more with regards to it being near straight at him. I'm not sure he can try claiming it through the crowd with it being in-swinging.

The big question is who on earth was marking him; nobody.

• Like 4

An excellent half from us. Haven’t seen us play so well for 45 minutes in a long time, we have  played all the football, made good decisions, kept the ball well, won most 50/50 challenges and limited them to next to nothing.

Of course we all know how so often it goes - if you don’t score when you are on top you get punished - which is exactly what’s happened. We are behind very much against the run of play.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I wanted to write more detail at HT, but that goal is absolutely gutting. 

MOL in no-man's land and again, City undone by a cross in weak fashion.

A real sucker-punch because wow, at times, that was up there with some of the better football i've seen from City for many few years there IMO (without, albeit, creating enough chances though)

Expect a bit more Luton second half and hopefully Semenyo can catch them on the break.

• Like 1
Just now, Better Red said:

Played so well as well.

We were controlling the game and passing the ball well.

Every goal we concede at the moment seems is a header in the six yard box and Max is no where any of them can’t tell me he is better than Bentley. 

Lots of possession but no real chances on goal. What I like to call “nothing possession”

Need to sort out the final third second half 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Lots of possession but no real chances on goal. What I like to call “nothing possession”

Fair enough it didn’t result in clear cut chances, but very different to endless sideways, backwards, eventually lose it possession. Intent is there and a fair bit of quality to get to final third, but so far tonight final ball missing. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

I think it’s been better than that. Box to box we have looked creative. Our final ball has been pretty poor, and again we are undone by any cross in to our box. There was a lot that was genuinely encouraging, but still the weaknesses are apparent.

• Like 1