IGNORED

Luton Town away match day thread

Got to start keeping the ball out the net. I really think we may have won that with Bentley. But still, Scott looked very good and Weimann with ANOTHER goal. Some good positive play too and I think we’ve really got a good thing coming with some of these youngsters we have. On to the next.

• Like 1

Last 3 games we’ve conceded 2 goals a game to desperately poor sides and 6 goals to an outstanding side. Terrifying stats. We need a new defensive strategy  pronto- at least one new face and, frankly, much better coaching and managerial organisation. ‘Too good to go down ‘ is a mantra of at least half the teams who go down. Yes, some excellent displays from some young prospects, but overall this is probably the softest City side I’ve seen in 50 years- and at a time when we have a hard man for a manager!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Disappointed with the result but not the performance, some real building blocks on place for next season with Pring, Scott, Semenyo and Massengo all playing well. Moved the ball pretty well in periods too, if we cam get the likes of Wells and Palmer off the books this week and bring in a CB that should be enough to see us safely in mid table this season before the next phase of the rebuild in the summer.

• Like 1

It’s a shame but it’s where we’re at. As and when we are looking at going up we will need to be winning those games but until then we will lose a good few like that as we progress. Much rather we won Saturday and lost today than the other way around that’s for sure!   Onwards…..

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, jiggers58 said:

I thought Williams looked very good when he came on - we need a run of games from him.

While i agree that he looked very good in the brief time he was on, and a run of games would be great under normal circumstances, I REALLY hope that we nurse him back a bit and don't try and flog him x3 a week and break him in 2-3 weeks like we did the last 2 times.

Edited by cityal
  • Like 2

About time we dominate games, it is usually us doing the mugging when we travel away and get the win.

Manmarking from set-pieces is a real issue, need one or two more brutes at the back to take control of those situations. Missing Baker massively.

Refreshing to see the young boys get more game-time and we need to keep Williams fit, best central midfielder we've had in a long time. 

Another promising performance but so weak at the back.

Wells with the most pathetic cameo I’ve seen in a while just tear up his contract please.

Joe Williams superb off the bench so classy, will definitely start Saturday.

Special mention for Cam Pring who just gets better with every game, especially running with the ball, looks so quick and powerful.

I’m enjoying watching City again for the first time in a while regardless of 5 losses in 7.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

Extremely irritating result which sums up where we are at this time 

we are starting to consistently play well and some of the kids are shining

That said you cannot avoid the obvious and that is max is absolutely not good enough for this level, and the constant rabbit in headlights on the goal line moments are just way too common and a clear deficiency in his game 

If as it seems Pearson doesn't  fancy Bentley then apart from anything else we need a keeper for next season.

• Like 1

Decent going forward, but first half final ball not great and second half missed some good chances. HNM and Scott did very well first half, tired a bit second half, but overall great given asked to do a tricky job, no sign of being overrun in midfield. Jay doing a decent job since topping up his Oyster card. 

I’m reasonably convinced that we’re much better going forward since Max has been in the team, but between him and defence we’re struggling with first things first principle of defending. Not convinced by DB, often stuck to his line as well and very capable of blunders as well (see Fulham). Hopefully keeping working as a unit in training and working very, very hard at dealing with balls into the box and our current travails will improve. 

I almost wish Williams was rubbish, he looks so good that the angst of him breaking down again is giving me palpitations. 

Lots to work on, but watching a side that both works hard and is entertaining, is so different to what we’ve had for many a year, particularly at this level (post Dicks favourite teams all 3rd/4th tier). 

• Like 2