IGNORED

Home Entertainment?

Port Said Red

A lot of has been said in recent seasons about the lack of entertainment at the Gate, but there are signs that this is starting to change. Of course 2 back to back come from behind wins help, but there is also some style in our play too. 

Most of all,  it's also worth noting that we have already scored as many goals at home as we did in all 23 games last season.

Personally I find watching the kids learn week by week the most entertaining thing of all.

• Like 15
  • Flames 1

Yes you are right.

Absolute massive improvement in performances and entertainment since the Manager came back the second time (Blackburn home).

The few games before that point were some of the worse I have ever seen in 45 years.

Very entertaining and hopeful currently, credit to all.

We score goals now, create chances but most importantly seem to have more of an identity in the way we are playing football whether thats building from the back in the centre of midfield, then out wide or fast breaks on the counter attack.

It got to the point I genuinely thought our game plan relied on the other team making a mistake at the back for us to try and capitalise on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Yes you are right.

Absolute massive improvement in performances and entertainment since the Manager came back the second time (Blackburn home).

The few games before that point were some of the worse I have ever seen in 45 years.

Very entertaining and hopeful currently, credit to all.

Or rather than Nige returning being the catalyst, maybe having certain players available too???  From having Williams, King and James all out injured, we had at least one of them back. We had an international break too to work on things.

The four games before that weren’t great (West Brom, Barnsley, Brum, and Cov), although Barnsley we won having been behind, but they were poor also. The Forest game that preceded that was a decent performance, yet we lost 2-1 with a v.late collapse.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or rather than Nige returning being the catalyst, maybe having certain players available too???  From having Williams, King and James all out injured, we had at least one of them back. We had an international break too to work on things.

The four games before that weren’t great (West Brom, Barnsley, Brum, and Cov), although Barnsley we won having been behind, but they were poor also. The Forest game that preceded that was a decent performance, yet we lost 2-1 with a v.late collapse.

Yes Williams/James came in and we switched to a 3-5-2, attempting to play through the lines instead of lumping it.

This system suits the players we have available.

BUT maybe not tonight ?

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Doesn’t happen overnight, see QPR, Blackburn etc

Helps having Semenyo coming into form - I do worry if we’d be the same if unavailable 

Good point’s.  Semenyo seems to have really come into his own.  But we have such a small squad it seems that most of them are vital!  Kalas, James, Williams etc.  I’d be more than happy to get a point tonight btw.  

• Like 2

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the team these days, which I haven't been able to say for a couple of years. Only 6 clubs have scored more than we have, but unfortunately only two have conceded more. We have some very good young players and our progress is  being guided by a manager who clearly knows what he's doing.

Very optimistic about the next two years.

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 2

Since and including QPR, the team has been different. The goals are a result of it, not the entertainment. The energy and intent has been there, so even if mistakes are made in application, fans respond positively. 

A circle of positivity has essentially been created by energy and intent. Long may it continue. 

• Like 1