IGNORED

Grant McCann to get the boot

Dolman_Stand

37 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

They have new owners don't they?

Turkish.

If you look at the players they’ve been linked with since the takeover, all of them are Turkish or play in Turkey.

The new coach is from Georgia (he was a brilliant player) & has also coached Turkish sides.

Completely ridiculous but this often happens after a takeover.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

Don't want to pre judge the new owner because there is a fair chance he will splash the cash and improve their league position but for me it's a worrying sign when they come in and fire the manager straight away regardless of form. I know the Hull fans hated their previous owner because he wanted to change the club name but it seems this guy is bringing in new people just because they are well liked in Turkey. Whatever success/failure happens there I think I would prefer an owner like Lansdown myself, but I will be watching on with interest as it seems like anything can happen. I'm guessing a Sunderland style documentary series available in Turkish could possibly be on the cards.

• Like 2

Seems pretty harsh IMO.

Hull's old owners and fans have hated each other for some years- they stopped investing in a lot of aspects and attendances down- McCann had to work within those conditions and though he took them down this was after their two best players by far were sold in Jan 2020- Bowen and Grosicki. On the flipside such policies give a new owner some FFP headroom to work with.

Often happens with a new owner but they've just beaten Blackburn and Bournemouth and look a reasonable bet to stay up and build a bit from there.

6 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

I know the Hull fans hated their previous owner because he wanted to change the club name but it seems this guy is bringing in new people just because they are well liked in Turkey. Whatever success/failure happens there I think I would prefer an owner like Lansdown myself, but I will be watching on with interest as it seems like anything can happen. I'm guessing a Sunderland style documentary series available in Turkish could possibly be on the cards.

Yes, even taking in to account the mistakes/failings/blunders/**** ups of the Ashton era I still think we are better off than many clubs having the stability of our owners.