IGNORED

P Schmeichel on Pearson

Red Finesse

• The title was changed to P Schmeichel on Pearson
10 minutes ago, Red Finesse said:

Marc Albrighton's partner 'tweets her delight' at Nigel Pearson's reported Leicester departure - Mirror Online

Others not so keen but that's the same with all managers.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

???? & here it is again . You can never wait to put the negative slant & a knife  into  the ribs of  Pearson . So transparent it’s unreal. You can’t wait for him to fail. Pathetic 

Just a 40 odd year old who goes onto a forum to post memes and bitchy comments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Quite bizarre to see somebody so desperate to undermine the manager of a club they support- especially when the manager is very clearly improving the team.

It's a bit sad to try to do this by highlighting the moaning of a bitter person on twitter whose boyfriend Pearson wasn't picking.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

I am not anti Pearson, things are improving and the 3 year project may yet work but always good to provide balance and not just follow group think.

Don’t lie. You’re clearly anti Pearson but won’t admit it in case it back fires on you & he does well. You almost had a one man campaign to get him sacked near the start of the season . Then the character assassination . Saying he’s a bully & the camp was split. I said before , your a snide & the worse thing is you won’t admit any of it. It’s ok , I’m not surprised now I know who you were on here previously . 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Hardly a shock that the partner of a player who doesn't play is glad to see the manager go...

Yep, just like a player who was always picked doing the opposite.

All managers have players who think they are the greatest and some who don't.

Albrighton still playing the Premier League.

55 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t lie. You’re clearly anti Pearson but won’t admit it in case it back fires on you & he does well. You almost had a one man campaign to get him sacked near the start of the season . Then the character assassination . Saying he’s a bully & the camp was split. I said before , your a snide & the worse thing is you won’t admit any of it. It’s ok , I’m not surprised now I know who you were on here previously . 

Who were they previously? My hunch was the Daryl Clarke avatar person.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Trigger alert.

https://www.endingthegrind.com/10-reasons-escape-cubicle/

Edited by VT05763

So on one side we have Leicester's goalkeeper of the last 10 years with almost 400 appearances for them. (Just realised it's Peter, but same thing really)

The "counter" of "group think" is a tabloid article about a tweet by the girlfriend of a player, who wasn't picked by Pearson.

It's like when you see a "balanced" debate on something like climate change, with 1 "pro" and 1 "anti". It's just not at all representative of weight of opinion or context.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 12
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

So on one side we have Leicester's goalkeeper of the last 10 years with almost 400 appearances for them.

The "counter" of "group think" is a tabloid article about a tweet by the girlfriend of a player, who wasn't picked by Pearson.

It's like when you see a "balanced" debate on something like climate change, with 1 "pro" and 1 "anti". It's just not at all representative of weight of opinion or context.

Do we?

• Thanks 1

@VT05763 is correct.  There are always going to be some players that bond more closely with a particular gaffer and others who don't like his style.

That's as true in football as any other industry where you are in charge of other people.  I remember loathing my line manager at one particular employer, but some others thought he was the bees knees. 

At City, I think some of the summer departures might be in part down to players not buying into what NP wants to do. You could call it a personality clash (Nigel is clearly quite a forthright, plain-speaking guy) but it will probably be less dramatic than that: They were just unconvinced by his project and saw their future elsewhere. In some cases, the impetus to leave would come from Nigel and the club, rather than being voluntary, of course!

What's important is the players here this season have faith in him and are responding to his coaching and advice. I see signs that they are. It was a long time coming, but we are starting to have a style, starting to develop intuition on the pitch, starting to grind out points when earlier in the season we weren't.

Long way to go yet, mind, but as long as the direction is forward, then I'm happy with Pearson here. We might be two steps forward and one back, but at least we're moving in the right direction.

IMO of course!

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

I guess you have to ask if Pearson left tomorrow, say to a rival in a silimar league position, would you be upset? If so why is that?

Are you upset because we are losing a manager/ great manager ( depending on your view) Is the fact that it’s to a rival that would bother you? Are you afraid he will be back for all our young talent?

Pearson seems a very marmite manager to many. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess you have to ask if Pearson left tomorrow, say to a rival in a silimar league position, would you be upset? If so why is that?

Are you upset because we are losing a manager/ great manager ( depending on your view) Is the fact that it’s to a rival that would bother you? Are you afraid he will be back for all our young talent?

Pearson seems a very marmite manager to many. 

No, all you have to ask is are you happy with the way the manager is progressing the three year job that the owner has asked him to do? That is the only question you need to answer, nothing else...............and whether the answer is yes or no, thinking for themselves is everyone's prerogative, you then have to add in the perspective that with our FFP situation the bloke is going nowhere (unless he jacks it in himself) anyway.