IGNORED

P Schmeichel on Pearson

Red Finesse

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Just wanted too. Hope that’s okay.  I’ve had two usernames including this one. Never been the person on this thread giving it the Pearson negs 

No you haven’t & there’s nothing wrong with changing your name if you want a change . I used to be terryterrycooper on here years ago. 
I haven’t mentioned vt’s previous name & I won’t . It’s safe to say that he knows I didn’t agree with him in his previous carnation though either. 
As I’ve said before , if someone’s against the manager that’s fine but you have to have valid reasons imo. I never liked LJ from day one but knew he’d try his best & never wanted him to fail . Why would I , I’m a city fan & we should want the club to succeed . The last year I wanted him gone because we were going backwards.

One or two just have a agenda with nothing to back it up , however to justify the said agenda they make up lies . I genuinely don’t understand why someone would do that. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Pearson has never been relegated, give him a couple seasons blooding the youngsters who will get more experience at this level and he may have us at the right end of the table.

That’s fine if we can keep our talent, but all too easily they are lured away and the club happy to take good money for them. Players only buy into the ‘project’ so far.

But that said, we are no different from most clubs. And we inturn then go and buy from other clubs, luring their talent away. It’s a tough, very unstable business.

23 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Amazing some fans want him sacked. Even more so the shit and mess he inherited. I’m glad he’s our manager and excited about the future with him at the helm 

I was over the moon when we got Pearson, ecstatic in fact. A friend of mine is a family member of Mike Stowell and I used to hear nothing but good things about what he did at Leicester 

I’ll hold my hands up and say before Christmas I swung to the other side and felt he had to go. 

Then I seen our finances and realised what the bloke was working with 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

I was over the moon when we got Pearson, ecstatic in fact. A friend of mine is a family member of Mike Stowell and I used to hear nothing but good things about what he did at Leicester 

I’ll hold my hands up and say before Christmas I swung to the other side and felt he had to go. 

Then I seen our finances and realised what the bloke was working with 

Yep, that’s the reality isn’t it.  Not only shitty finances to constrain recruitment, but had to lose several players too in the summer.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg….cut the wage bill or run a trimmer squad?  I suspect Nige prefers to work with a smaller squad, but ideally it would be a squad of his making.  It isn’t.  It wasn’t like he lost players for fees, that he could then use some of the money to re-invest, they all left for nothing, even Nagy who was under contract left for free.  I’m sure two or free of the players he’d have liked to have offered new deals to but he was hamstrung by players under contract like Palmer, who he’s tried to get a tune out of but hasn’t been able to (Wagner the only manager to do so).

Couple that with injuries, yeah, every team gets them, but we are contending with a small squad (partly through choice admittedly) and that hits hard if they occur in a key position like CM or CB.

Decisions not to prioritise a striker we’re made with sound logic.  They’ve got to better than what we have, and he was waiting for Antoine to come back from a summer injury.  He could’ve got a loan in, but then which player is then left on the sidelines “stealing a wage” (god, I hate that phrase), when we need to “make every £1 count”?

What we have seen is youngsters take on the challenge having been given the opportunity, out of necessity in some cases, through ability in others.  They’ve put themselves in the picture, and actually meant we can go into this window without needing to panic.  A cheap short term deal for Timm Klose makes sense on paper, even if he was £10k p.w. which I seriously doubt he is, that would cost us £200k.  That’s better than bringing forward the summer signing of a free agent, and having to pay a fee now instead.

We are a bit fortunate that there are a few teams really struggling, meaning our 33 points from 28 games is a good distance from being in a relegation scrap.

Hopefully we will see better fitness / availability as the season progresses.

Nige has made mistakes, he’s not perfect.  But some will only focus on those negatives and not give him credit for the successes.

How many on here saw Weimann netting 14 league goals?

Did we really expect Alex Scott to pretty much be a first choice and take to new positions like a duck to water (credit to him absolutely but a bit for Nige too)

Even Chris Martin with 7 goals has done a job having been flogged, possibly out of necessity.

Imho, we are doing alright.  We’re addressing the financial issues, Nige is slowly tweaking the squad, whilst not hamstringing us in the future with high wages and amortisation….that is key.  It is important not to base everything on results.

• Like 9

In regards to those players saying good things and others saying negative, if you were to line up the players on each camp and see what sort of team you get, my gut feeling is the team that praise him are much, much better players and more successful. 

I mean come on, comparing the Schmichels to Marc bloody Albrighton…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

In regards to those players saying good things and others saying negative, if you were to line up the players on each camp and see what sort of team you get, my gut feeling is the team that praise him are much, much better players and more successful. 

I mean come on, comparing the Schmichels to Marc bloody Albrighton…

Schmeichel is a complete tool as proved by his comments.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think Schmeichel is slightly better informed about what went on at Leicester than you. 

His opinion carries a fair bit of weight as far as I'm concerned. 

A bit more than Marc Albrighton's girlfriend. 

Claiming that Ranieri didn't win the league that's doubtful. 

Edited by Super

20 minutes ago, Super said:

Schmeichel is a complete tool as proved by his comments.

Must be terrible to have a manager to have a player (or players) with a winning mentality, and a battle hardened squad that he help build, a squad who buy into it all as well with an incredible bond, playing to their strengths and having an actual game plan.

I hope Pearson does indeed pee off any players who don't buy into it, and leave them out of the squad, or get rid of them. It's been all too easy for as long as I can remember down the gate, hopefully the tide is turning, and if a player wants to go home and moan to his missus about not playing, rather than trying to turn it around for himself and force himself back in, then the issue isn't with the manager and maybe the player should have a good look in the mirror.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Claiming that Ranieri didn't win the league that's doubtful. 

“They got to the point where they could even win the league with Claudio Ranieri in charge. My intention is not to be cruel to Claudio but 2015/16 was a players’ triumph, not one of management.

Basically saying it wasn't to do with Ranieri being some sort of genius, rather that the foundations were already there.

Also quite amazing how many Leicester fans pretty much say the same things as well - people who have actually seen it happen in front of their own eyes. 

Edited by TheReds
Add
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheReds said:

“They got to the point where they could even win the league with Claudio Ranieri in charge. My intention is not to be cruel to Claudio but 2015/16 was a players’ triumph, not one of management.

Basically saying it wasn't to do with Ranieri being some sort of genius, rather that the foundations were already there.

Also quite amazing how many Leicester fans pretty much say the same things as well - people who have actually seen it happen in front of their own eyes. 

It's nonsense that you can win a PL without the manager being a big part of that. Of course Pearson was a part of the early stages not disputing that.

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Super said:

It's nonsense that you can win a PL without the manager being a big part of that. Of course Pearson was a part of the early stages not disputing that.

He never said he wasn't a part of it, he said it got to the point where basically a mediocre manager (paraphrasing his opinion) could win the league, because of the squad, bond and winning mentality that was already there. That doesn't make him a complete tool, he is giving an opinion on something in which his son, as a player was a big part of. As you will be aware of Peter, it isn't really a surprise that Casper has a winning mentality as well.

There are many City fans who just are not aware of the task Pearson has on his hands to get us back to where we would like to be 4 or 5 years ago. No money on transfers, players who need to be shifted off the wage bill and a fanbase setting expectations too high. Football is of course a results business and granted from February - November it was pretty poor. For me though that was in no thanks to the absolute shambles the club was left in by taking a month to appoint Dean Holden and the absolute horror show that was left to Pearson.

I think he is finally getting to grips with the club and the squad. Unfortunately those who don't like Pearson just want to point out the results but won't consider the context and are ignoring that the performances recently are far better and more consistent than they have been for the last 3 years. It will be a slow process, but I'm confident Pearson will get us towards where we want to be over the next 2 or 3 years.

There have been a few away games this season with fans chanting we want LJ back, feckless idiots who have no idea what has been left for Pearson. I really wish Pearson was given the money Johnson had. Some just don't want to see him succeed

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

On 27/01/2022 at 12:57, billywedlock said:

You cannot help yourself can you .  If you create a strong team bond there will be those who fall by the wayside .  What is your issue anyway ? You came out with all sorts of “ facts” and character assassinations. I bet you have a firework display ready for the day Pearson leaves . 

Exactly. Under Cotterill and Gary Johnson when we had similar tight team bonds and enjoyed success there were players who didn't stay "on the bus". 

On 27/01/2022 at 13:07, RedM said:

I guess you have to ask if Pearson left tomorrow, say to a rival in a silimar league position, would you be upset? If so why is that?

Are you upset because we are losing a manager/ great manager ( depending on your view) Is the fact that it’s to a rival that would bother you? Are you afraid he will be back for all our young talent?

Pearson seems a very marmite manager to many. 

I would. I think he's building something good here. I don't think we're in danger of relegation, but the football has improved, young players are getting games and we're gradually improving. We're clearly a work in progress and Pearson is honest about that. Worth persevering with imo. 

• Like 2