IGNORED

P Schmeichel on Pearson

Red Finesse

11 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I really wish Pearson was given the money Johnson had. Some just don't want to see him succeed

I find this mentality bizarre and we see it with every single manager. There are always some who seem to want them to fail.

Being completely honest, I've felt like this about 2 managers I can remember; Millen and Holden. Nothing against them as people, but I really didn't think they were suitable for the club and that we needed to change ASAP. I think this was purely from a utilitarian footballing point of view though. 

I find though that you'll always find people who'll go beyond that and almost seem to have a personal grudge against a given manager.. we've seen it as long as I can remember, Gary Johnson, Cotterill, Lee Johnson.. now Pearson. Every single one had detractors who seemed to have personal issues with them. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I find this mentality bizarre and we see it with every single manager. There are always some who seem to want them to fail.

Being completely honest, I've felt like this about 2 managers I can remember; Millen and Holden. Nothing against them as people, but I really didn't think they were suitable for the club and that we needed to change ASAP. I think this was purely from a utilitarian footballing point of view though. 

I find though that you'll always find people who'll go beyond that and almost seem to have a personal grudge against a given manager.. we've seen it as long as I can remember, Gary Johnson, Cotterill, Lee Johnson.. now Pearson. Every single one had detractors who seemed to have personal issues with them. 

Isn't that it's not that you didn't WANT them to succeed, but you just didn't think the COULD succeed?

18 minutes ago, grifty said:

Isn't that it's not that you didn't WANT them to succeed, but you just didn't think the COULD succeed?

True, I guess there is a distinction there. I can admit I wasn't exactly distraught when results started to turn bad though as I though it was for the greater good of the club that they were replaced. 

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pearson is unlike any Manager we have had probably since Danny Wilson. He has been at the top as a player and a Manager and experienced. Comes across abrasive and abrupt. It's something maybe our fans are not used to seeing from a Manager. I'm all for it personally

On 27/01/2022 at 12:31, Tafkarmlf said:

There's enough out there covering both the good and the bad. This vice blog covers both sides and includes the good Kasper side 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jm9bdy/nigel-pearson-whats-wrong-mate-820

At the end of the day he's human and is fallible like the rest of us. 

There's enough out there to cover pros and  cons and for people to make their own minds up, without getting to the either the you are with us or against us side of fanaticism. We all care, just not always the same view onplayers or managers etc. 

Something to bear in moving forwards. 

Vice can be inconsistent at best but that article nails how I see Pearson. He's consistently had the backing of players and generally done well at every club but is woeful with the media. He seems to have got slightly better but obviously hates doing the media side of things and that can impact people's view on him. Given time, I think he'll be the manager we've needed for years.