IGNORED

Klose signing, how would you set up now

1960maaan

Dominant CB, has played left of a 4 apparently, but with Kalas & Pring looking good at the sides, I wonder if we will play him in the middle .
I would normally think he would start from the bench, but with PNE being fairly robust, I wonder if Nige will go against the norm and start him. 
If he does, it allows movement elsewhere. Vyner could step out to RWB for JD. It could release Pring to LWB in place of COD to add more solidity. 

However we shape up, welcome to Bristol , and do try to stay fit Time.

Just waiting for the Evening Post headline now ....

"City hope to move Klose to that elusive clean sheet"

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Dominant CB, has played left of a 4 apparently, but with Kalas & Pring looking good at the sides, I wonder if we will play him in the middle .
I would normally think he would start from the bench, but with PNE being fairly robust, I wonder if Nige will go against the norm and start him. 
If he does, it allows movement elsewhere. Vyner could step out to RWB for JD. It could release Pring to LWB in place of COD to add more solidity. 

Interesting. That’s the possibility of a big old back line…. Pring Klose Atkinson Kalas Vyner.  Might be useful in some games! 

42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Depending on system.

Tanner - Kalas - Klose - Pring

or 

Kalas - Klose - Pring

Scott                               O'Dowda

When we have seen Pring in a role that requires a lot of running he has struggled imo. If that changed then great, but can only go on what I have seen so far. Excellent in a defensive role though where he's still able to get forward.

Kalas.                Klose.              Atkinson

Tanner.                                                                                                          Pring

Callum has improved but Im still not convinced he’s going to make it here tbh. Hope I’m wrong but he still don’t impact games enough 

• Thanks 1

Yeh as others have said I think in a 3 he goes central and Kalas steps out to RCB with Vyner dropping to the bench. In a 2 it's probably 2 of Kalas, Klose or Atkinson with Atkinson always LCB. If its Kalas and Klose in a pair then I would think you keep Kalas right and Klose plays left, but that's the hardest to set. I agree Pring has been decent at LCB so no need to rush Atkinson back into the team.

Hopefully the new guy can Klose down the shooters and stop our goalies form having to work so hard.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Depending on system.

Tanner - Kalas - Klose - Pring

or 

Kalas - Klose - Pring

Scott                               O'Dowda

When we have seen Pring in a role that requires a lot of running he has struggled imo. If that changed then great, but can only go on what I have seen so far. Excellent in a defensive role though where he's still able to get forward.

According to my records, Pring has started one game at LWB - QPR (a).

Wyscout concurs, and has him also playing LWB for the latter part of the Coventry (a) game.

Think it’s worth considering that those early games were his first at this level, and he may well have been adjusting to playing LW in those games, a slightly unfamiliar role in his senior professional career.  The QPR game was just his 6th start.  We chase the ball a lot that game too.

I think you’d see a different Pring at LWB now he understands the rigours of Championship football.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Ultimately it now gives us options.

Nige wants competition, there is a bit more flexibility to have players pushing each other.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Kalas.                Klose.              Atkinson

Tanner.                                                                                                          Pring

Callum has improved but Im still not convinced he’s going to make it here tbh. Hope I’m wrong but he still don’t impact games enough 

Agreed hes had enough chances prefer Benarous out wide .