IGNORED

LJ in Covid jab rant ...

headhunter

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

What most people have said in answer to accusations that the vaccine is causing issues is that it’s much more likely covid is causing an increase in issues (if there is one) than the vaccine.

The only small caveat in that is we are only starting to hear about this now in 2021 (post-vaccine), I don't recall this ever being mentioned in 2020 (pre-vaccine) when football was still being played behind closed doors.

3 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Perhaps this clears it up before everyone says what a bellend he is ...

Interesting that it’s cut mid sentence! My suspicious nature suggests to me that he says more than we see here… and this isn’t me LJ bashing - it just genuinely seems that way. 

3 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Perhaps this clears it up before everyone says what a bellend he is ...

Interesting that it’s cut mid sentence! My suspicious nature suggests to me that he says more than we see here… and this isn’t me LJ bashing - it just genuinely seems that way. 

13 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

The only small caveat in that is we are only starting to hear about this now in 2021 (post-vaccine), I don't recall this ever being mentioned in 2020 (pre-vaccine) when football was still being played behind closed doors.

Myocarditis as a potential complication of serious (and even not so serious) viral infection? 
Oh I’ve heard it mentioned long before 2021. It’s not a new thing, even amongst younger people.

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What he actually said was.... 

"it's more likely to be covid, but there's a chance it could be from the vaccine" 

"I don't know, I'm not a doctor" 

"I'd be ill advised to quote on the cause" 

What a piece of shit publication the Daily mail is...! 

When i am in a queue in the newsagents and i see the person in front buying the Mail i always have the urge to slap a middle aged housewife...........and shout "For Pheck sake pull yourself together you.............."   Fortunately i restrain the urge, calm down and buy my copy of the Beano........?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

I think if you posted the same thing on the "covid" thread there would be a few on there suggesting it is purely a coincidence as they have done so in the past and comparing footballers deaths to previous years.

And there’s be some conflating reported adverse reactions with deaths…….?

20 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What he actually said was.... 

"it's more likely to be covid, but there's a chance it could be from the vaccine" 

"I don't know, I'm not a doctor" 

"I'd be ill advised to quote on the cause" 

What a piece of shit publication the Daily mail is...! 

& The Mirror, they’ve reported it in exactly the same way. 

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Covid's the least of his worries tonight.

The Sunderland forums are a hoot and in meltdown. Haven't laughed as much in ages.....

Ouch, just seen their result. Seems he’s still incredibly inconsistent.

Still, a Bristol City fan going to a Sunderland forum immediately after our game to revel in Johnson’s misfortune is pretty bizarre.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Still, a Bristol City fan going to a Sunderland forum immediately after our game to revel in Johnson’s misfortune is pretty bizarre.

No, I was directed there by other posts on this forum and there's nothing wrong with schadenfreude.

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

No, I was directed there by other posts on this forum and there's nothing wrong with schadenfreude.

I think it’s a bit pathetic really. He’s been gone for almost 2 years now - there was some good times and some bad times as is normal.

It’s never occurred to me to look at another teams forum to see whether they’re giving a former manager/player of ours stick. Really weird behaviour.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it’s a bit pathetic really. He’s been gone for almost 2 years now - there was some good times and some bad times as is normal.

It’s never occurred to me to look at another teams forum to see whether they’re giving a former manager/player of ours stick. Really weird behaviour.

Just because you don't lots of others do, but I'd never dream of criticising your behaviour for lacking curiosity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think really weird is pushing it a bit.

Have a mate who's a Sunderland fan so with the link to Johnson i like to have a look at their thoughts on him .

18 minutes ago, dREDful said:

No doubt will still have his fans here, but he is truly an attrocious manager. 

Utter charlatan, feel bad for Sunderland but so relieved he's no longer our problem. 

What he needed when he joined us was an experienced mentor to advise and rein him in. What he got was Mark Ashton, who made matters worse.

The die is cast and I'd be surprised if he is in charge for their next game.

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

I think really weird is pushing it a bit.

Have a mate who's a Sunderland fan so with the link to Johnson i like to have a look at their thoughts on him .

I think doing it now and again is being curious - I think if you’re seeking it out, (like a poster in this thread), and you seem to genuinely dislike Johnson and take glee in him being criticised then it’s weird.

The guy tried his best, did some good things and some bad things. Was right he was sacked and he was probably lucky not to have been earlier. We’ve had 2 managers since and things are starting to  look up.. surely that’s more interesting to focus on than however Lee Johnson is getting on. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Saw on Twitter than Oxford had an 11 goal difference swing on Sunderland today.

10 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Just because you don't lots of others do, but I'd never dream of criticising your behaviour for lacking curiosity.

Well I'm a Sunderland fan who always looks on here after we've had a thrashing to see what Bristol City fans have to say about Streaky Lee's latest disaster. We've already lost 4-0, 5-1 and 3-0 but today was really something else. He's got the best squad in our league as well.

1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

Well I'm a Sunderland fan who always looks on here after we've had a thrashing to see what Bristol City fans have to say about Streaky Lee's latest disaster. We've already lost 4-0, 5-1 and 3-0 but today was really something else. He's got the best squad in our league as well.

I see you’ve made a couple of good signings this window too. Danny Batth and Patrick Roberts. Do you think his job is safe? 

Just now, ROKERITE said:

Feel for you. 5,200 to an away game to witness your worst ever performance at that level would take saintly restraint not go ballistic. I don't blame your fellow supporters for highlighting your issues and FP to those who manage to do so with a sense of humour.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I see you’ve made a couple of good signings this window too. Danny Batth and Patrick Roberts. Do you think his job is safe? 

It shouldn't be but we'll have to see whether our young owner will wield the axe. Batth, Roberts and £10,000,000 Jack Clarke on loan from Spurs.