IGNORED

Preston away match day thread

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d be happy to see Williams play one, rest one, play one, rest one for the remainder of the season.

I’m not desperate to see him start tomorrow.  If he’s ready, he’s ready.  It’s such a shame, because he’s been really good in the cameos this season.

I hope he's being eased in ready for a full 90 against Reading at home, which would be a far more significant 3 points (if we win than today imo).

48 minutes ago, City oz said:

Alcohol per volume. 4.2, 4.4 % and going by the pounds it looks very expensive as we would class this as boys beer in OZ. 

The wild child at 4.7% sounds OK for a mid strength.

Got a slab of Mercury Hard Cider this week and they are 6.8% and they worked out at $3.00 per can about one pound 50.

How strong is the @lilley,s cider ? The Guild Ale House looks like a coffee shop.

Any way all the best to you travelling City supporters today.

You Aussies are just so damn butch........I suppose you'd class Special Brew as Nappy Fodder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s a group of people who have been brought together to form a team, usually for sporting events….but that’s not important right now. ?

Fair enough. I will wait until the kick off, thanks for your enormous help ?.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, City oz said:

Alcohol per volume. 4.2, 4.4 % and going by the pounds it looks very expensive as we would class this as boys beer in OZ. 

The wild child at 4.7% sounds OK for a mid strength.

Got a slab of Mercury Hard Cider this week and they are 6.8% and they worked out at $3.00 per can about one pound 50.

How strong is the @lilley,s cider ? The Guild Ale House looks like a coffee shop.

Any way all the best to you travelling City supporters today.

Weston's Vintage is 8.2%

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Tempted to do that myself.

Lately, our team had some chances even if it is still pretty bad inside the box, that Semenyo started to boost his confidence a lot and looks better game by game. I never trusted him to be honest, but I hope he continues to prove that I was wrong.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Lately, our team had some chances even if it is still pretty bad inside the box, that Semenyo started to boost his confidence a lot and looks better game by game. I never trusted him to be honest, but I hope he continues to prove that I was wrong.

Let’s be honest, we know Preston are going to score so BTTS is not a bad shout at all.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

And is officially the best cider money can buy. 

A friend actually posted me a couple of bottles last year. Due to Brexit everything takes for ever to get from the UK to Portugal now, and the package duly arrived 6 months later, long after we'd given it up for dead. The first I knew about its arrival was a letter from the post office telling me I had until a date already passed to go to collect the package and pay customs fees. It was promptly returned to sender, which somehow only took 3 days.

So can we please not talk about Weston's Vintage? TIA ???

• Like 1
Just now, Porto Red said:

A friend actually posted me a couple of bottles last year. Due to Brexit everything takes for ever to get from the UK to Portugal now, and the package duly arrived 6 months later, long after we'd given it up for dead. The first I knew about its arrival was a letter from the post office telling me I had until a date already passed to go to collect the package and pay customs fees. It was promptly returned to sender, which somehow only took 3 days.

At every moment of that story I was convinced it’d have a happy ending. I’m so, so sorry for your loss. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

And is officially the best cider money can buy. 

That's probably why I drink it and I have a couple of bottles in the cupboard waiting for that big City win. They will probably be antique before that happens!  Still I don't mind a Thatchers Gold now and then. COYR's let's see if I can down a Weston's  tonight!

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Beg to differ...Cheddar Valley all day long.

?‍♂️ 

I think you’re confusing best and worst! Jesus Christ that stuff gives me nightmares. 

Last time I had it was about ten years ago. My best mate took me out in Worcester to tell me his Mrs was pregnant. 

At the end of the night we got takeaway. I took Indian home but spent the night (it was an all dayer) trying to convince the wife it was Chinese. When I woke I found a dominos receipt in my pocket that I never returned for. 

The worst part is that I have vague recollections of us helping a group of girls change a flat on their car. Christ, I hope they got home alright!

Cheddar Valley - like a cocktail of apple juice and vinegar. 

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

That's probably why I drink it and I have a couple of bottles in the cupboard waiting for that big City win. They will probably be antique before that happens!  Still I don't mind a Thatchers Gold now and then. COYR's let's see if I can down a Weston's  tonight!

You’ve just made me question if I have any in…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

That's strange, you can't get  Weston's in Portugal, it's available here as is Thatcher's Gold at alco shops and some supermarkets. As yet Brexit has made no difference.

4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Result!

F56C5ACE-FB38-44FB-88B1-A1A4754E7918.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

That's strange, you can't get  Weston's in Portugal, it's available here as is Thatcher's Gold at alco shops and some supermarkets. As yet Brexit has made no difference.

All you get here is some god awful piss called Somersby. It's ok for cooking with. 

You lucky, lucky bastard.

Edited by Porto Red
Autocorrect fail