IGNORED

Preston away match day thread

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hoping he proves me wrong, but I think asking Martin to play a 3rd game in 7 days is asking too much and we are likely to see a leg weary game from him. I'd have liked to start Weimann up top with Semenyo and Benarous in the ACM role. 

Difficult choice on the keeper, Max needs to show some guts today in coming our to catch/punch balls into the 6 yard box, unless of course Klose wins them all!

No wonder we are crap at set play WHEN you are threatened like that by your own Keeper ?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Indeed , it’s also a deep orange colour as I’m sure you’re aware and puts a ready brek halo around you after consumption …I had a few pints a while ago and lost the power of speech pretty quickly. Speaking to the landlord of the pub I was in he said it comes in at 6% abv but it then sits a while and when it has its around 6.5-7 abv easily when unleashed. Nice but not really something you could have 8-10 pints of .

I think I may have mentioned before about this East Anglian fella who was renting a room in my local boozer.

He was called Ten Pint Ted because he had the ability to drink 10 pints of strong lager and still get up for work at 6am the next morning. 

Then one day he tried 10 pints of "Thatcher's Red":  He shit the bed and took two days off work.   :rofl2br:

• Haha 11
1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

A friend actually posted me a couple of bottles last year. Due to Brexit everything takes for ever to get from the UK to Portugal now, and the package duly arrived 6 months later, long after we'd given it up for dead. The first I knew about its arrival was a letter from the post office telling me I had until a date already passed to go to collect the package and pay customs fees. It was promptly returned to sender, which somehow only took 3 days.

So can we please not talk about Weston's Vintage? TIA ???

benefits of Brexit mate ?

• Like 1

Hope all the City fans that have travelled have a safe journey back , just arrived Sunny and the wind has died down , what Ryan Lowe has brought to Preston is he has ignited after a couple of years of real discontent amongst the supporters and in his last 12 Months and under McAvoy the football was more dour than normal but Lowe has shown passion towards the fans and there is a genuine feel good around the club that has been sorely missing , we where decent at Stoke and West Brom in away wins , average v Barnsley in a 2-1 Win , superb with 10 v Sheff Utd but mullered in the first half with 11 , should have beaten Brum at Home and pretty awful at Swansea his only loss and Cardiff in the FA Cup…

Realiy like the look of your attacking prowess , Wednesday was our first clean sheet in 18 !!! , midfield we are strong …prediction 3-2 either way , enjoy the rest of the season 

Mortis 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Having Martin on didn't do anything to help with the 2 Luton goals, which were pretty much their only chances... so not sure I buy in to needing him for that. He's not like Fammy who used to win countless defensive headers.

Can't agree with that.

Martin has taken up the same defensive position at the front post for corners. He wins just as many as Diedhiou did imo, although Diedhiou got a lot more distance on his headers as he attacked the ball really well.

Either way, defending corners isn't a reason to select a centre forward, Martin is in on merit - but I would agree that he can't keep playing 3 games a week.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting. Always nice to see a debutant. Haven't really kept tabs on PNE this season so don't have much idea what too expect...other than the inevitable penalty given.

They aren't a huge team, Riis really works harder, puts you under pressure...a bit like Hugill but technically better.  The main thing is don't give away needless set-pieces.  No Daniel Johnson, Paul Gallagher or Ben Pearson....they used to get away with murder. Alan Browne is a good player too.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They aren't a huge team, Riis really works harder, puts you under pressure...a bit like Hugill but technically better.  The main thing is don't give away needless set-pieces.  No Daniel Johnson, Paul Gallagher or Ben Pearson....they used to get away with murder. Alan Browne is a good player too.

Cheers. Keen to see a Lowe team in action as well.