IGNORED

Preston away match day thread

18 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Eeh back home

MOTMS Klose, Massengo and Semenyo

Couldn't separate them. Klose's flick on whilst defending under pressure in the first half was outrageous. 

HNM was literally on a different planet all game, how did we get him? 

Semenyo absolutely tore Preston a  new one. 

Regarding penalties, having not seen replays. 

1st, maybe

2nd no, Semenyo dived? 

3rd also no. 

General stuff

The rotating back 3 or 4, Preston couldn't cope with 1st half. Klose and HNM rotating to get the ball was lovely to see as was Kalas having a great game too. 

O dowda didnt really offer much and looked scared quite a bit of the game. No surprise when he went off 

Chris Martin totally ran out of legs after 70 mins, his run down the left was like watching someone run on the beach and needed a sub that wasn't him to help sure up the attack.. 

Max is clearly a confidence keeper and his confidence looked shattered, from a little fumble 1st half from easy catch, to spending a lot of time on sorting out divots. I got that he was low om confidence. Perhaps Bentley back next time? 

The main thing I took was probably the best city performance I've seen in sometime, reminded me of that ultra high press we played under LJ with Bobby Reid. 

However, once the first goal went in the whole team visibly shrunk and basically their aura changed (sorry for nu age hippy crap) they looked and played like someone was going to beat cack out them (not referencing NP before any one starts) before eventually remembering what they could do 

It has to be psychological and ingrained sadly, so deffo some sports psychology stuff required. 

Prestons second goal was stunning, cant blame people for that quality of finish. Arse it happened when it dif, but that was some strike. 

Lots to be positive about then. 

I didn’t think any of our shouts for pens were actually pens but with Semenyo we will win one soon. 

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Sure, but I think you’ve got to look at the overall. Klose was excellent, Kalas looked even better beside him, Semenyo, HNM, Scott and Dasilva were excellent, Williams also very good when he came on.

Perhaps the final substitution with Cundy (nothing to do with him) coming on caused a loss of focus right and the end, but that is being really picky.

Overall a decent result and one most would have taken pre-kick off. But for some dodgy finishing and actually getting a penalty that could have been comfortable. 

This lot are getting my juices flowing. 

Long may they flow, Bex. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

For 1 small point, not 10. Anyway, I hope the optimistic fans like you are right. ?

Would take something special for both Reading and Posh to catch us. Reading looking in bad shape at moment, and we are starting to look like we’ve turned a corner. Nothing’s ever done until it’s done but I wouldn’t be too worried at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Great post match interviews from Timm Klose and NP........very encouraging.  Positive vibes from NP,  and TK seems very smart and savvy.  Very pleased all round with players and management.   We seem to have come a long way in a short period of time?  

Shall we abbreviate our centre backs to TKa and TKl?

Thought we played very well.

First half we took it to them, their equaliser was very good- had a feeling though dunno why just a gut feeling t

Debut for Klose, seemed to go well. Comfortable in possession

As for the penalties- thought first potential one was more of a shout than the 2nd, ie not at all for the 2nd, possibly for the 1st.

Pearson was very unhappy with the officials after the game, which free kick was he referring to?

Overall though a reasonable week- 4 points and 3 very encouraging performance- from the last 2 games though, we at worst should have got 2 draws, arguably a win today and a draw Tuesday and perhaps even 2 wins. Semenyo gets better and better tbh- his end product since he returned has been really strong. Is it 4 goals and 5 assists from Hull away?

We should have been a further goal or 2 up by the time they got into it, do that and we win the game. I'd have taken a point at kickoff but to concede late on...

The 2nd equaliser- think that's a 1 in 5...ie he hits that 5 times, does it go in 5 times? Unsure!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Preston North End manger Ryan Lowe:

"I won't accept the first-half performance from the players and the lads know that. But despite that, I was really pleased with the reaction of the players in the second half. We freshened it up after the break and I'm really pleased with the reaction. We weren't quite at it first half and we were disappointed with large parts of it.

"[Cameron] Archer is going to be a star for us, the fans have taken to him already and he'll get goals for us. It was a great tackle to start the move for the second goal and we've gone from one end to the other for the equaliser and that is pleasing."

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought we played very well.

First half we took it to them, their equaliser was very good- had a feeling though dunno why just a gut feeling t

Debut for Klose, seemed to go well. Comfortable in possession

As for the penalties- thought first potential one was more of a shout than the 2nd, ie not at all for the 2nd, possibly for the 1st.

Pearson was very unhappy with the officials after the game, which free kick was he referring to?

Overall though a reasonable week- 4 points and 3 very encouraging performance- from the last 2 games though, we at worst should have got 2 draws, arguably a win today and a draw Tuesday and perhaps even 2 wins. Semenyo gets better and better tbh- his end product since he returned has been really strong. Is it 4 goals and 5 assists from Hull away?

We should have been a further goal or 2 up by the time they got into it, do that and we win the game. I'd have taken a point at kickoff but to concede late on...

The one on Cam Pring for their equaliser…….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

For 1 small point, not 10, so nothing is granted IMO.

Anyway, I hope you & the other optimistic fans are right. ?

Even the most pessimistic fan should be accepting city as safe. Even when playing horribly we weren’t bottom 3 - that’s how bad the bottom of the table is.

We had loads last season saying we would go down 10 games before the end - we stayed up by 8 points despite being a joke. It’ll be a lot more this season. 44 was safety last season but won’t be anything like that this time out. 

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

"I won't accept the first-half performance from the players and the lads know that. But despite that, I was really pleased with the reaction of the players in the second half. We freshened it up after the break and I'm really pleased with the reaction. We weren't quite at it first half and we were disappointed with large parts of it.

"[Cameron] Archer is going to be a star for us, the fans have taken to him already and he'll get goals for us. It was a great tackle to start the move for the second goal and we've gone from one end to the other for the equaliser and that is pleasing."

Pretty fair comment - it was a closer 2nd half and Archer looks a player in the making. I didn’t think it was a foul on Pring but not seen replay yet. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Only a few yards from me, that ‘tackle’ looked a LOT like an un punished foul to me. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Eeh back home

MOTMS Klose, Massengo and Semenyo

Couldn't separate them. Klose's flick on whilst defending under pressure in the first half was outrageous. 

HNM was literally on a different planet all game, how did we get him? 

Semenyo absolutely tore Preston a  new one. 

Regarding penalties, having not seen replays. 

1st, maybe

2nd no, Semenyo dived? 

3rd also no. 

General stuff

The rotating back 3 or 4, Preston couldn't cope with 1st half. Klose and HNM rotating to get the ball was lovely to see as was Kalas having a great game too. 

O dowda didnt really offer much and looked scared quite a bit of the game. No surprise when he went off 

Chris Martin totally ran out of legs after 70 mins, his run down the left was like watching someone run on the beach and needed a sub that wasn't him to help sure up the attack.. 

Max is clearly a confidence keeper and his confidence looked shattered, from a little fumble 1st half from easy catch, to spending a lot of time on sorting out divots. I got that he was low om confidence. Perhaps Bentley back next time? 

The main thing I took was probably the best city performance I've seen in sometime, reminded me of that ultra high press we played under LJ with Bobby Reid. 

However, once the first goal went in the whole team visibly shrunk and basically their aura changed (sorry for nu age hippy crap) they looked and played like someone was going to beat cack out them (not referencing NP before any one starts) before eventually remembering what they could do 

It has to be psychological and ingrained sadly, so deffo some sports psychology stuff required. 

Prestons second goal was stunning, cant blame people for that quality of finish. Arse it happened when it dif, but that was some strike. 

Lots to be positive about then. 

Agree with most of that.

The bit I don't agree with is that City shrunk after their first goal - we came back and scored again, then gave as good as we got.

As you say, the best performance for some time.

53 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Whist a Preston fan I will always try and see the game as impartial as possible , you where the best side I’ve seen at Deepdale this season , dominated the first half , scored a couple of superb goals and with some more clinical finishes and game management that would have been a deserved away win , you’re energy , passing and movement we couldn’t live with at times , apologies if I get the spelling wrong but I thought Massingo ( 32 ? ) was superb and Semenyo was a real handful ….. 

We have improved a lot over the last few months, Mortis.

If we had been playing at Deepdale in October, you may well have said we were the worst team to visit you. We were being told this by opposition fans not so long ago.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, maxjak said:

You Aussies are just so damn butch........I suppose you'd class Special Brew as Nappy Fodder?

I remember it Carlsberg special brew.

10 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Weston's Vintage is 8.2%

Westons Vintage. I will see if I ca track some down. Thankyou