IGNORED

Preston away match day thread

Just watched the bit back, the clip posted by @IAmNick

Preston actually got the attack on 04:59 in stoppage time- down by our box and the shot was taken on 05:04 and the goal itself came on 05:06. 6 seconds after the allotted 5 but I don't suppose it's uncommon tbh!

image.thumb.png.e9020dbf0bc1d5f4063dd829e7ce9f2d.png

The little snippet I took was this but see it- just before the ball is played we're already into the 6th minute of added on time albeit just about.

OTOH if Pring BOOTS it out of play- either for a throw in right in their corner, takes it to the corner or perhaps best yet a shot that is somewhere between the corner flag and their goal then we can regroup and they likely don't equalise.

Of course if the officials do their job then it's a free kick and we win in any case.

I'm probably clutching a bit but should they have blown up on 05:00 or is it the done thing to allow one last attack if still in play etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Preston actually got the attack on 04:59 in stoppage time- down by our box and the shot was taken on 05:04 and the goal itself came on 05:06. 6 seconds after the allotted 5 but I don't suppose it's uncommon tbh!

The little snippet I took was this but see it- just before the ball is played we're already into the 6th minute of added on time albeit just about.

OTOH if Pring BOOTS it out of play- either for a throw in right in their corner, takes it to the corner or perhaps best yet a shot that is somewhere between the corner flag and their goal then we can regroup and they likely don't equalise.

Of course if the officials do their job then it's a free kick and we win in any case.

I'm probably clutching a bit but should they have blown up on 05:00 or is it the done thing to allow one last attack if still in play etc.

They say that it's a minimum of extra minutes but like everything else it seems to be down to the interpretation of the ref. Sometimes the minute hand has barely reached the 12 and the ref blows his whistle, another time for no apparent reason he will carry on for another 6 or 7 minutes. I know that it evens up over the season but it doesn't make it any easier to understand. 

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It’s all easy in hindsight I suppose. Found a way yesterday not to win. My own thoughts where I could not really remember many lengthy stoppages in the half (I may have forgotten them) and at the time I thought ‘5 minutes!, you are having a laugh.

It should be ‘a minimum of…’ and in fairness if the ref rules it to be 5.30 mins they flag 5. Refs tend to let a play play out or wait to the ball is in a non threatening position before blowing. Reverse the positions, I would have been livid if the ref blows for full time with the cross in the air.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's MINIMUM additional time, not maximum. Fans seem to forget delays in additional time are added to that minimum.

14 hours ago, Mortis said:

Whist a Preston fan I will always try and see the game as impartial as possible , you where the best side I’ve seen at Deepdale this season , dominated the first half , scored a couple of superb goals and with some more clinical finishes and game management that would have been a deserved away win , you’re energy , passing and movement we couldn’t live with at times , apologies if I get the spelling wrong but I thought Massingo ( 32 ? ) was superb and Semenyo was a real handful ….. 

Thanks Mortis...........your'e a gentleman.  Good Luck for the rest of the season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, pillred said:

It's only 7.5% now I think, like all decent strength beers they are getting weaker and weaker Stella's now down to 4.6%

Market forces. I was told I wouldn’t sell beer if it was over 4% because people think (incorrectly as it turns out) that under 4% meant you could have two and still drive. Had one beer at 3.8 and it outsold the other one (4.2%) about 6:1. 

• Thanks 1