IGNORED

Preston away match day thread

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Pring must have driven the coaches mad with that

Every supporter knows what he should have done

Is he really that thick?   If so get rid asap because he will be incapable of learning.  He isn’t a kid anymore, just League 1 playing in Championship

Really? I get that’s an angry post, but how much Championship football has he played? You can see why he did what he did, on the run, pitch opening up, chance for glory if he’d have spanked that in the top corner. He’ll learn from this, you make mistakes in this division and you get punished.

• Like 1
Just now, gl2 said:

What a load of moaners on here and I should know was one... once,..... come on we trashed them today and they scrapped a lucky draw; yes we could have should have but well impressed from what I`ve seen today COME ON YOU REDS the future is good:city:

Yeah, good God. That was our best performance by a counrty mile all season, and whilst we should have scored 3 or 4 more goals and made a silly mistake which lead to the second equalisaer (I didn't see their first), just all calm down. We are building something.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Is he really that thick?   If so get rid asap because he will be incapable of learning.  He isn’t a kid anymore, just League 1 playing in Championship

Well done, this is the shittest post of the day.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, lenred said:

He’s been fantastic.  He’s cocked up big time here but he’s been one of the finds of the season.  Let’s not go massively overboard on him for a mistake.  Plenty have been made and plenty will continue to be made for the foreseeable.  But we’re building 

Exactly, shock horror footballer makes mistake and it’s an OTIB pile on. He hasn’t played that much Championship football, he shows signs of being a very good player at this level and can develop further/learn from his mistakes. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, lenred said:

He’s been fantastic.  He’s cocked up big time here but he’s been one of the finds of the season.  Let’s not go massively overboard on him for a mistake.  Plenty have been made and plenty will continue to be made for the foreseeable.  But we’re building 

We're certainly building a midfield and attack to excite. In defence we are yet to dig the foundations. Let's hope Tanner and Atkinson turn out to be as good as the younger players elsewhere in the team.

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Yeah good performance and all that but it’s so deflating having to go through that inevitability every week. 

Its not every week, and we have some truly great young players and a manager who can manage; I now firmly believe we will kick some butt in this div next season

Just now, MarcusX said:

Not sure zonal marking comes into it when it’s open play?

90+5 minutes with a 1 goal lead = do not stand off the opposition. Get touch tight and restrict their ability to get a clean strike on the ball.

Our defenders are stood off him too far for my liking, allowing him the chance to pivot and shoot.

Well executed goal, but someone should have been within farting distance of him to prevent it.

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Come on. Yes he cost us today but of course he isn’t thick. He’s shown real signs of improvement and will only get better. 

• Like 2

I wasn’t able to see all the match and when I returned I saw a Desmond and thought , great result away at our bogey team.

Then I come onto OTIB and people are moaning again.

Ok, it is disappointing to have ‘ thrown away ‘ two points , yet again in the dying embers of the match but I was thrilled by our football in the first half. This team is going to get better and better.

The fight, the snapping into tackles, moving the ball forward quickly, shots on and off target and no little skill from Martin, Dasilva, Scott, Semenyo to name four.

This is a team that we can and bloody well should get behind. They give their all for the shirt and we are definitely, one hundred per cent at the start of a wonderful footballing journey.

Appreciate it. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

We won't go down so 2 points won't matter that much.  But in the perspective of playing nice football and Massengo and Semenyo being more than great today, I feel sad. I feel sad for the poor Massengo and Semenyo who ran 2 times more than other players today, doing defensive duties and attack duties in an instant.

We had a good game overall, second half  we let them too much to play around our box and we gave up possesion but Pring should have go into the corner with the ball. He made our players push for an attack and that created spaces for them and our deffence was caught off guard due to that thing.

It is a kinda fair result, I think we deserved a bit more to win than our opponents but I am pleased with the way City played. We need to build a team for our future, some points this season doesn't matter, personally I think about our next season more. But even so, it was a frustrating  goal to watch and felt a bit unfair because we tried to score the 3rd one not to waste time.

COYR !

Edited by Mihai
  • Like 2

Yes Pring should've passed or gone to the corner, but the game should've been over way before then by taking our chances. Can clearly see improvement, Scott & Massengo brilliant, need to built the team around them and Williams. Would rather play well and concede 95th minute that have to watch the terrible football we played not too long ago