IGNORED

Preston away match day thread

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Preston North End manger Ryan Lowe:

"[Cameron] Archer is going to be a star for us, the fans have taken to him already and he'll get goals for us. It was a great tackle to start the move for the second goal and we've gone from one end to the other for the equaliser and that is pleasing."

Only a few yards from me, that ‘tackle’ looked a LOT like an un punished foul to me. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Eeh back home

MOTMS Klose, Massengo and Semenyo

Couldn't separate them. Klose's flick on whilst defending under pressure in the first half was outrageous. 

HNM was literally on a different planet all game, how did we get him? 

Semenyo absolutely tore Preston a  new one. 

Regarding penalties, having not seen replays. 

1st, maybe

2nd no, Semenyo dived? 

3rd also no. 

General stuff

The rotating back 3 or 4, Preston couldn't cope with 1st half. Klose and HNM rotating to get the ball was lovely to see as was Kalas having a great game too. 

O dowda didnt really offer much and looked scared quite a bit of the game. No surprise when he went off 

Chris Martin totally ran out of legs after 70 mins, his run down the left was like watching someone run on the beach and needed a sub that wasn't him to help sure up the attack.. 

Max is clearly a confidence keeper and his confidence looked shattered, from a little fumble 1st half from easy catch, to spending a lot of time on sorting out divots. I got that he was low om confidence. Perhaps Bentley back next time? 

The main thing I took was probably the best city performance I've seen in sometime, reminded me of that ultra high press we played under LJ with Bobby Reid. 

However, once the first goal went in the whole team visibly shrunk and basically their aura changed (sorry for nu age hippy crap) they looked and played like someone was going to beat cack out them (not referencing NP before any one starts) before eventually remembering what they could do 

It has to be psychological and ingrained sadly, so deffo some sports psychology stuff required. 

Prestons second goal was stunning, cant blame people for that quality of finish. Arse it happened when it dif, but that was some strike. 

Lots to be positive about then. 

Agree with most of that.

The bit I don't agree with is that City shrunk after their first goal - we came back and scored again, then gave as good as we got.

As you say, the best performance for some time.

53 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Whist a Preston fan I will always try and see the game as impartial as possible , you where the best side I’ve seen at Deepdale this season , dominated the first half , scored a couple of superb goals and with some more clinical finishes and game management that would have been a deserved away win , you’re energy , passing and movement we couldn’t live with at times , apologies if I get the spelling wrong but I thought Massingo ( 32 ? ) was superb and Semenyo was a real handful ….. 

We have improved a lot over the last few months, Mortis.

If we had been playing at Deepdale in October, you may well have said we were the worst team to visit you. We were being told this by opposition fans not so long ago.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Is Chris Grogan in the above seriously suggesting that they should always beat the likes of us? He supports Preston,not Man City 🤣

To be fair if you’re a PNE fan then it’s fair to say you’ll always beat or draw with Bristol City ... mind you, his sister Clare couldn’t half bang out a vocal ... 😳👍🍷

11 hours ago, maxjak said:

You Aussies are just so damn butch........I suppose you'd class Special Brew as Nappy Fodder?

I remember it Carlsberg special brew.

10 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Weston's Vintage is 8.2%

Westons Vintage. I will see if I ca track some down. Thankyou

1 hour ago, City oz said:

I remember it Carlsberg special brew.

Westons Vintage. I will see if I ca track some down. Thankyou

Moved back 12 years ago but the re-store in leederville used to sell Westons. Maybe just old Rosie and for a fair whack. Hopefully they still stock a few.

• Like 1

Just watched the bit back, the clip posted by @IAmNick

Preston actually got the attack on 04:59 in stoppage time- down by our box and the shot was taken on 05:04 and the goal itself came on 05:06. 6 seconds after the allotted 5 but I don't suppose it's uncommon tbh!

image.thumb.png.e9020dbf0bc1d5f4063dd829e7ce9f2d.png

The little snippet I took was this but see it- just before the ball is played we're already into the 6th minute of added on time albeit just about.

OTOH if Pring BOOTS it out of play- either for a throw in right in their corner, takes it to the corner or perhaps best yet a shot that is somewhere between the corner flag and their goal then we can regroup and they likely don't equalise.

Of course if the officials do their job then it's a free kick and we win in any case.

I'm probably clutching a bit but should they have blown up on 05:00 or is it the done thing to allow one last attack if still in play etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Preston actually got the attack on 04:59 in stoppage time- down by our box and the shot was taken on 05:04 and the goal itself came on 05:06. 6 seconds after the allotted 5 but I don't suppose it's uncommon tbh!

The little snippet I took was this but see it- just before the ball is played we're already into the 6th minute of added on time albeit just about.

OTOH if Pring BOOTS it out of play- either for a throw in right in their corner, takes it to the corner or perhaps best yet a shot that is somewhere between the corner flag and their goal then we can regroup and they likely don't equalise.

Of course if the officials do their job then it's a free kick and we win in any case.

I'm probably clutching a bit but should they have blown up on 05:00 or is it the done thing to allow one last attack if still in play etc.

They say that it's a minimum of extra minutes but like everything else it seems to be down to the interpretation of the ref. Sometimes the minute hand has barely reached the 12 and the ref blows his whistle, another time for no apparent reason he will carry on for another 6 or 7 minutes. I know that it evens up over the season but it doesn't make it any easier to understand. 

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It’s all easy in hindsight I suppose. Found a way yesterday not to win. My own thoughts where I could not really remember many lengthy stoppages in the half (I may have forgotten them) and at the time I thought ‘5 minutes!, you are having a laugh.

It should be ‘a minimum of…’ and in fairness if the ref rules it to be 5.30 mins they flag 5. Refs tend to let a play play out or wait to the ball is in a non threatening position before blowing. Reverse the positions, I would have been livid if the ref blows for full time with the cross in the air.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's MINIMUM additional time, not maximum. Fans seem to forget delays in additional time are added to that minimum.

14 hours ago, Mortis said:

Whist a Preston fan I will always try and see the game as impartial as possible , you where the best side I’ve seen at Deepdale this season , dominated the first half , scored a couple of superb goals and with some more clinical finishes and game management that would have been a deserved away win , you’re energy , passing and movement we couldn’t live with at times , apologies if I get the spelling wrong but I thought Massingo ( 32 ? ) was superb and Semenyo was a real handful ….. 

Thanks Mortis...........your'e a gentleman.  Good Luck for the rest of the season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, pillred said:

It's only 7.5% now I think, like all decent strength beers they are getting weaker and weaker Stella's now down to 4.6%

How dare the proletariate get a cheap buzz...........Don't ya know dear boy,, you need to be one of the moneyed class to be quaffing some Scotch

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, pillred said:

It's only 7.5% now I think, like all decent strength beers they are getting weaker and weaker Stella's now down to 4.6%

Market forces. I was told I wouldn’t sell beer if it was over 4% because people think (incorrectly as it turns out) that under 4% meant you could have two and still drive. Had one beer at 3.8 and it outsold the other one (4.2%) about 6:1. 

• Thanks 1