IGNORED

Feel like I’ve said this a lot often

Unan

I think it's more about performance than result at the moment. As previously mentioned we ain't going up or down so it's not an uncomfortable position to be in. I'm loving the development of the younger players and what looks like a burgeoning team spirit. 

Something is brewing here, I still have total faith in Big Nige.

COYR!!!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

As I mentioned on the match thread, we are worlds away vs when Nige first joined.

Some good attacking play, some great youngsters and a very likeable squad. 

Proud to be a City fan, even if we only drew today. 

Yep. I'm sure Nige will get us tightened up at the back for next season. We can't keep needing to score three to win. Lots of green shoots to be positive about though. Things are definitely looking better. Onwards and upwards. COYR.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

But I come away from the game still feeling very positive despite the result. We won’t be going up/down this season so results don’t matter too much. Seeing such an improvement in the past few months has been great to watch wether win/draw/loss.

More importantly, it's shutting down the sack Nige crap that destabilises the feeling that we are going in the right direction. It takes time to clear out people who aren't on the bus so to speak and to bring in players who fit our system. Just back the players and Manager we will get there

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

But I come away from the game still feeling very positive despite the result. We won’t be going up/down this season so results don’t matter too much. Seeing such an improvement in the past few months has been great to watch wether win/draw/loss.

Exactly. For where we are at moment, performance so much more important than result. We aren’t going down. We aren’t going up. And we needed such a shakeup after last years ever worsening embarrassment. 

Getting bossed and stealing a win or absolutely dominating a massive chunk of game and losing to - what will be - a vital learning experience for one of our promising young players. I’d much prefer the latter. 

So so annoying and cruel but we were much better than we have been for ages. Results will come. Performance is everything right now. So I am already over how ridiculous the end was. And seeing cundy get a debut was great. 

PS i remember earlier this month there was a poster saying Semenyo was def not a championship player and maybe not a League One player. I’m assuming they would like to hold their hands up to that one now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Magicseason said:

More importantly, it's shutting down the sack Nige crap that destabilises the feeling that we are going in the right direction. It takes time to clear out people who aren't on the bus so to speak and to bring in players who fit our system. Just back the players and Manager we will get there

Surely everyone can see the progress compared to the last few years. As frustrating as the last minute goals are. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Surely everyone can see the progress compared to the last few years. As frustrating as the last minute goals are. 

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Basically there are some who will never be happy unless we're both playing well and winning every game, because they used to whine like hell when we'd win with a ropey performance.

• Like 1

If we could summon up even some basic defensive solidity, we could start to show in this division. If the defence could be at least average bottom half of the table, then we could realistically think of the play offs (not this season, obviously). Injuries, yes and Klose was apparently immense  today, but it’s schoolboy stuff a lot of the time at the back. And the risk is that we have to sell Semenyo, Scott and HM before Nige talks a bit of Janet and John into the back four. For me, don’t sell anyone NP wants to pick and spend every penny we can possibly rustle up on the defence, and who knows next year. 

With 20 games to go, to get to 50 points (and pretty sure we will not need that) we needed a win and a draw in each block of four. We had the win and now the draw in this block, with one to come.

Days like today are really really bloody gutting, We are completely unrecognisable from the side of 12 months ago however. They scored a bit of a cracker in the 95th, but should not have had the ball. As long as we learn from these mistakes then all is good. It’s been a while since opposing forums have raved about some of our players.

• Like 2

It is too many now. Think it is 12 points lost from 90th min on. That would put is in the playoff. Ok they do happen but think that 12 points is from 6-7 games. That is far too many. 

But yes, the spirit of this post is correct. We have built up to be a competitive outfit. I enjoy a lot of the football on display. 

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

With 20 games to go, to get to 50 points (and pretty sure we will not need that) we needed a win and a draw in each block of four. We had the win and now the draw in this block, with one to come.

Days like today are really really bloody gutting, We are completely unrecognisable from the side of 12 months ago however. They scored a bit of a cracker in the 95th, but should not have had the ball. As long as we learn from these mistakes then all is good. It’s been a while since opposing forums have raved about some of our players.

We might even have enough points now incredibly.

2 months ago we looked like shite. We are now dominating games both home and away (last 6 except Fulham). Still a few weak links like COD but the signs are good. I can accept late goals against this season when they don’t matter. However they might next so it needs fixing. 

I’m now of the opinion that whoever we play from now on, we will give them a good game and will see us score a fair few goals, just need to cut out the silly mistakes and we will win more than we lose 

I quite fancy us to go on a bit of a winning run and be comfortable top ten 

• Like 1

We are all very disappointed but we should all consider that twelve months ago, we would have been hammered away to Preston.

The green shoots of a revival are now very visible. We are playing as a team and even though individual errors occur, each of the current squad of  "Old Men" and Bristol City Babes are beginning to look like a football team again.

As someone posted a day or so ago, this could be the first time in living memory that we have rebuilt WITHOUT a visit to the Third Division!

PS. Welcome to both centre halves making their City debuts.

Edited by cidered abroad

We defended set-pieces well today too.

We just lost a little bit of shape in the opening 15 mins of the second half, they pinned Weimann, so he couldn’t join the press, and did the same with O’Dowda, forcing him deeper, thus allowing the side CBs to progress the ball.  We sorted it with the sub (although initialled went Weimann RWB, but a few ins late he swapped with Scott), and were pretty comfy after that.  We got our goal and looked to have got the deserved win…hold my beer, Riis Jacobsen.  A fine volley.

Archer very impressive for them….looked like Maynard, played like him too.