IGNORED

Massengo

pl00peh91

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Only by the terminally stupid.

He's had some poor games in the past, but his innate talent was obvious from day one.  Under Pearson and Fleming this season, he's really started to look a star in the making. 

Agree, I was there for his first game and although a bit raw his talent was clear to see. He's outstanding and he’s only getting better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I've posted elsewhere that he was my motm today. Really pleased he is getting some positive press. One day he will be too good for us, but he certainly has been a joy to watch is what seems an endless run without an away win.

Pearson certainly has got the best out of him which Johnson and Holden failed to do

Both Scott and Semenyo have been name checked as potential Prem players recently in the Guardian. I believe their correspondent Ben Fisher may be a City fan. Fortunately he hasn't got round to Massengo yet. I may email him and ask him to stop it.?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Superb footballer, always was and getting better under the current regime.

Signed by Mark Ashton, so that he could add Monaco to his list of contacts on his self-indulgent portfolio, toyed with by LJ who thought in his head he could coach him but probably confused HNM, and discarded by Dean Holden - which frankly was like Audley Harrison coaching Lennox Lewis on how to box.

Hope we build a side around him.

In fairness to Ashton the likes of Massengo, Semenyo and Scott were brought in on his watch, not saying he was solely responsible for them but we do have a lot of saleable assets again now that we have a proper manager in place.

Completely agree with everything else you say though.

Edited by Dolman_Stand
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Superb footballer, always was and getting better under the current regime.

Signed by Mark Ashton, so that he could add Monaco to his list of contacts on his self-indulgent portfolio, toyed with by LJ who thought in his head he could coach him but probably confused HNM, and discarded by Dean Holden - which frankly was like Audley Harrison coaching Lennox Lewis on how to box.

Hope we build a side around him.

Thought he was signed by Frank Lampard for Chelsea who were under an embargo at the time, and we were just keeping hold of him briefly to ensure that we were part of some grand scheme to annoy someone or something.

Source. This forum. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Think HNM has improved positionally a lot, so fair play to him and NP/CF. He’s always had an engine and clearly has great ability, but sometimes he’s needed to do a lot of running to recover position - increasingly he’s starting from better positions, so his energies are used more positively. Him and Scott were all over a much vaunted PNE midfield 3. Whilst Andi didn’t have his best game, his energy and the team getting better at working with a fluid formation that makes sure we’re not overrun also helped. Would love Weston Super Mare to have the composure on the ball that Han and Alex showed, we’d have been out of sight, we’ve tendency to not see the obvious pass up front (and sometimes not make the obvious run). But a really enjoyable and promising performance overall with Han front and centre. 

• Like 1

Frustrates me when official people at the club like Tins tweet about him being ‘the future’.

He’s only ‘the future’ if he signs a new contract though, isn’t he. Otherwise, we’ll HAVE to sell him in a few months and then he’s not the future, is he?

The Massengo situation is completely up in the air.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Frustrates me when official people at the club like Tins tweet about him being ‘the future’.

He’s only ‘the future’ if he signs a new contract though, isn’t he. Otherwise, we’ll HAVE to sell him in a few months and then he’s not the future, is he?

The Massengo situation is completely up in the air.

Could be our future if in one fell swoop our latest deficit is cleared. Not suggesting it for one moment but.... 

He has been caught out position and occasionally been a bit of a headless chicken (well I exaggerate but he can get caught out). But apart from being the best game I’ve seen him play, that’s one of the best midfield performances I’ve ever seen by a City midfielder, and I’ve been watching for 30 years. No really. He was pretty much faultless. Start to finish.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Both Scott and Semenyo have been name checked as potential Prem players recently in the Guardian. I believe their correspondent Ben Fisher may be a City fan. Fortunately he hasn't got round to Massengo yet. I may email him and ask him to stop it.?

Yeh Fisher is a red.

I was just wondering. Is this going to be the most competitive Young Player of the Season award we've ever seen? A little way to go yet but Semenyo, Massengo, and Scott are all arguably in with a shout. I think Pring will qualify as well. Hotly contested.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Think HNM has improved positionally a lot, so fair play to him and NP/CF. He’s always had an engine and clearly has great ability, but sometimes he’s needed to do a lot of running to recover position - increasingly he’s starting from better positions, so his energies are used more positively. Him and Scott were all over a much vaunted PNE midfield 3. Whilst Andi didn’t have his best game, his energy and the team getting better at working with a fluid formation that makes sure we’re not overrun also helped. Would love Weston Super Mare to have the composure on the ball that Han and Alex showed, we’d have been out of sight, we’ve tendency to not see the obvious pass up front (and sometimes not make the obvious run). But a really enjoyable and promising performance overall with Han front and centre. 

Yes. Exactly. Decision making sometimes is not the best. Weimann I think was effected by missing that sitter but he has been excellent all season. 

HNM played well of that there is no doubt. Between Pearson and Fleming he is really coming along. The poor passes and miss hits are almost out of his game, Cardiff not withstanding and today he got the well deserved assist we wanted. Was that his first assist for a goal?

HNM aside we are a different team from three/two/one year/3 months ago. With lots of players (and supporters) buying into building from within! 

The nuts criticism of Pearson has dissipated and finally we have a team that is decent on the eye and not scared. Long may it continue!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

In fairness to Ashton the likes of Massengo, Semenyo and Scott were brought in on his watch, not saying he was solely responsible for them but we do have a lot of saleable assets again now that we have a proper manager in place.

Completely agree with everything else you say though.

He was only involved with Massengo.

My understanding was that Scott and Semenyo were signed by the Academy/U23s? Think it may have been Probert?

45 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

He has been caught out position and occasionally been a bit of a headless chicken (well I exaggerate but he can get caught out). But apart from being the best game I’ve seen him play, that’s one of the best midfield performances I’ve ever seen by a City midfielder, and I’ve been watching for 30 years. No really. He was pretty much faultless. Start to finish.

Him and Scott both.

James is out for the season, but I wouldn’t have him nor King in front of those two anyway.

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground