IGNORED

Mason Greenwood

Fordy62

24 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I might be missing something here but why should Ched evans struggle to get a contract . The girl was found to be lying and he was released .

@MarcusXhas covered this above but the false claim that the girl was found to be lying is exactly why women who have been raped are frightened to go to the police. Here's a useful article covering the facts of the case. 

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2016/10/14/10-myths-busted-about-the-ched-evans-case/

The crucial thing - as pointed out in point number 2 - is that in this case, it is very hard to claim the girl lied as she at no point claimed to have been raped but that she had no memory of what had happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

All this stuff about legal process etc etc is just a load of old b******ks. Anyone who has heard the audio will know exactly what happened that night. Sometimes things ARE exactly as they appear - simple as that! Why do some people feel the need to question even the most obvious and straightforward! Just making themselves look like complete numptys!

Oh and for what it’s worth I do consider myself a leftie!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

All this stuff about legal process etc etc is just a load of old b******ks. Anyone who has heard the audio will know exactly what happened that night. Sometimes things ARE exactly as they appear - simple as that! Why do some people feel the need to question even the most obvious and straightforward! Just making themselves look like complete numptys!

Oh and for what it’s worth I do consider myself a leftie!!

As has been proved recently, the more expensive legal representation you can afford, the more chance you have of getting off.

Whilst undoubtedly a piece of shit, the family concern me as much.

'Phone hacked' - 'keep it in the family'

Sounds like the family knew and kept quiet.

Now rumours another girl was forcibly held at Greenwoods house (as in tied up) for days and used as a sex-toy. The Police need to take a very long look at Man Utd - I have no doubt that other players knew - and probably management too.

There is a huge can of worms here - hopefully GMP have the balls to open it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That’s not true, not going to argue the rights and wrongs of the decision but him being found not guilty does not technically mean he didn’t do it and it certainly doesn’t mean she lied.

The jury decided in the retrial they could not beyond reasonable date conclude that his victim was too drunk to consent. That does not mean she lied. A classic example of why it’s so hard to convict a person accused of rape in a 1 on 1 scenario with no direct witnesses - with the lack of concrete evidence I’m amazed he was found guilty in the first place.

Ah sorry my bad . Yeh I guess without concrete evidence it’s extremely hard to convict and a lot get away with it .

26 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

@MarcusXhas covered this above but the false claim that the girl was found to be lying is exactly why women who have been raped are frightened to go to the police. Here's a useful article covering the facts of the case. 

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2016/10/14/10-myths-busted-about-the-ched-evans-case/

The crucial thing - as pointed out in point number 2 - is that in this case, it is very hard to claim the girl lied as she at no point claimed to have been raped but that she had no memory of what had happened. 

My bad thanks for the info 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

• Admin
9 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Now rumours another girl was forcibly held at Greenwoods house (as in tied up) for days and used as a sex-toy. The Police need to take a very long look at Man Utd - I have no doubt that other players knew - and probably management too.

Why would Man U know?  Who in Man U are you saying knew, his teammates, Manager, CEO?  

59 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

If this is related to the story that was in the papers last year, it was established at the time that it wasn't him.

46 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Why would Man U know?  Who in Man U are you saying knew, his teammates, Manager, CEO?  

Are you honestly suggesting that inside a team dressing room everyone didn't have some idea about everyone else?

Most people know a wrong 'un.

So you think that on a group night out, other WAGS and players didn't see bruises on Harriet and thought 'I bet Masons put one on her'.

This wasn't a one off mate - do it once and they do it again.

Of course people at Man Utd knew EXACTLY what kind of POS Greenwood was.

2 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

As disappointing as that is to the normal person, football clubs seems to have a history of ignoring disgraceful actions by players if they feel its in their own best interests. 

Take Ched Evans for example. Yes, his conviction was, eventually, overturned, but his actions that night were less than desirable (to put it mildly) yet he still manages to get contracts.

Greenwood, being a player of huge potential, will almost certainly have interest if/when found guilty, once his sentence is served.

Football is the greatest sport on earth, but its morals are usually in the gutter.

Not sure about that, there would be a massive outcry if any club attempted to sign him, club sponsors would have a big issue with it as well as the supporters.

2 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I might be missing something here but why should Ched evans struggle to get a contract . The girl was found to be lying and he was released .

Side point - but there is an enormous difference between the prosecution's evidence not proving the case beyond a reasonable doubt and 'the girl was found to be lying'. And that difference matters a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Side point - but there is an enormous difference between the prosecution's evidence not proving the case beyond a reasonable doubt and 'the girl was found to be lying'. And that difference matters a lot.

Sorry - just seen others have already made this point and the poster apologised. Good man. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not sure about that, there would be a massive outcry if any club attempted to sign him, club sponsors would have a big issue with it as well as the supporters.

In the world we live and cancel culture this will be the biggest issue.

• Admin
42 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Are you honestly suggesting that inside a team dressing room everyone didn't have some idea about everyone else?

Most people know a wrong 'un.

So you think that on a group night out, other WAGS and players didn't see bruises on Harriet and thought 'I bet Masons put one on her'.

This wasn't a one off mate - do it once and they do it again.

Of course people at Man Utd knew EXACTLY what kind of POS Greenwood was.

Knowing a wrong ‘un - so you are talking about team mates, whilst they are employees of the club, they aren’t the establishment of the club that you seemed to imply would know.  Would they take those concerns upwards, without solid evidence?  

I can recall some reports a few years back (from sources I’d trust) of at least one of our players acting a complete nob to bar staff  ( female) in a night club and burning £50 notes to ‘ prove’ how rich he was, could that have been a forerunner to worse behaviour, should someone have reported it?

Haven't seen it, don't care to.

My comment however, and in light of the Manure's unrequited assurance that as an 'innocent abroad' (sic) folks were out to get their starlet,  would be that where sexual assault is alleged and even where wholly innocent there has to be an element of 'Lady Windermere's Fan'. To be once linked with an act of rape may be considered misfortune, to be linked twice, that's carelessness.

• Confused 2

• Admin
6 hours ago, mozo said:

Okay maybe I should have added 'since being a pro footballer'. My comparison stands.

The thing I remember about Rashford is early on in his career (I think it was against Liverpool) he scored and was named Man of the Match. In his post match interview, the interviewer asked how he would be celebrating and Marcus replied that he would be going home to revise as he had important A-Level exams coming up. Always had his head screwed on that kid.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I can recall some reports a few years back (from sources I’d trust) of at least one of our players acting a complete nob to bar staff  ( female) in a night club and burning £50 notes to ‘ prove’ how rich he was, could that have been a forerunner to worse behaviour, should someone have reported it?

Jermaine Jenus did that at a bar an old colleague worked in when he played for Newcastle. Kicked him straight out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Knowing a wrong ‘un - so you are talking about team mates, whilst they are employees of the club, they aren’t the establishment of the club that you seemed to imply would know.  Would they take those concerns upwards, without solid evidence?  

It would filter up.

Why - so the club are already ahead of the curve when the shit hits the fan.

Did Man Utd seem shocked and dismayed and in damage control or did they have a presser all ready to go within hours?

18 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

Give the man jonb a break. Lots of overreacting on here. All he said was he found it suprising that a police officer would be so keen to imply guilt before anyone has even been charged. I think its a fair point. Christopher Jefferies springs to mind and that alleged Israeli gang rape case in Cyprus a while ago. People just need to let investigations run their course and not instantly spray stuff all over social media

An update on this. Woman's conviction quashed:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/31/uk-woman-accused-making-up-cyprus-gang-claims-conviction-quashed

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Nike have now suspended their association with Greenwood.

Not quite the same, but I just read that quite a few of his teamates unfollowed him on social media when the news broke. 

Modern times huh.

Not been a good week for Man Utd. 

Started off with Rashford and Lingard spending time and being photo'd with drill rapper Wiley, who I can only describe as a Nazi sympathiser based on what he said about Jewish people. Both Rashford and Lingard asked their pr companies to put up half assed apologies on twitter and must use the same one due to the strange choice of the same word. (if you know, you know) 

And now news about Greenwood has come out. More to this story but I don't want to speculate because of legalities but if you piece things together, it becomes clearer. Like why Southgate didn't select him after Iceland. More to it than just the hotel quarentine breech. 

Edited by The Batman
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I bet their Agents had sent them the order, sorry text, within 12 seconds of that audio reaching the interweb................

Almost certainly. Their sponsors will want them distanced from anything to do with him. Act first, protect their interests and they can always be friends at a later date if it’s appropiate.

14 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Not been a good week for Man Utd. 

Started off with Rashford and Lingard spending time and being photo'd with drill rapper Wiley, who I can only describe as a Nazi sympathiser based on what he said about Jewish people. Both Rashford and Lingard asked their pr companies to put up half assed apologies on twitter and must use the same one due to the strange choice of the same word. (if you know, you know) 

And now news about Greenwood has come out. More to this story but I don't want to speculate because of legalities but if you piece things together, it becomes clearer. Like why Southgate didn't select him after Iceland. More to it than just the hotel quarentine breech. 

Did Wiley ask for a photo with them? Did they know Wiley’s history?

It begs the question should footballers worry about who asks them for a photo? How do they know the random fan in the crowd that asks for a photo hasnt recently posted controversial comments?

I realise this is different as Wiley is well known in his own right so perhaps they should have known, but it’s an interesting discussion. Should footballers (or anyone for that matter) be checking the background of everyone that asks for their photo?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Did Wiley ask for a photo with them? Did they know Wiley’s history?

It begs the question should footballers worry about who asks them for a photo? How do they know the random fan in the crowd that asks for a photo hasnt recently posted controversial comments?

I realise this is different as Wiley is well known in his own right so perhaps they should have known, but it’s an interesting discussion. Should footballers (or anyone for that matter) be checking the background of everyone that asks for their photo?

It's a perfectly legitimate point to make. Begs the question did they ask him for a photo and only apologised after the backlash, or did he ask them. I don't know whether they knew who he was or not. I'm too trusting a person and treat it in good faith when someone says something to me (it's a problem of mine) but he's a very popular artist who was banned from all social media because of what he said about Jewish people. He's well known enough in my opinion for them to know who he was. Rashford said he got pulled in for a photo opportunity in a tweet (or his pr company said at least) .... 

If 2 of our white academy players had a pic with Tommy Robinson and used the same excuse Rashford and Lingard's pr company came out with "it was a photo op, wasn't aware of any comments" , would it be as glossed over? I'd say not. I'd say they'd be out of here ASAP. But that's hypothetical and some don't like those on here. 

• Like 1