IGNORED

Random Photo. Mansfield 1987 Wembley 18+ content

1960maaan

4 hours ago, BS3City said:

I remember our coach in a grid locked car park when the ladies glided past. Gave us all an impromptu flash too...?

I was on the girls coach...we pulled up alongside a double decker full of City nutters, they all piled to the one side of the top deck to get an eye full. The decker leant over so much I thought it was gonna topple over! Incidentally, the girls were from Chaplins strip club.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Tin Soldier said:

Didn’t you just love football in the 80s compared to the watered down shite you get today. Watching City was always fun (highs and lows) but we did have a laugh back then. That picture just sums it up. Just look at the City fans faces.

Imagine how many mobile phones would be in that picture today 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, onehowie said:

I was on the girls coach...we pulled up alongside a double decker full of City nutters, they all piled to the one side of the top deck to get an eye full. The decker leant over so much I thought it was gonna topple over! Incidentally, the girls were from Chaplins strip club.

Me thinks you have more to tell ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tin Soldier said:

Didn’t you just love football in the 80s compared to the watered down shite you get today. Watching City was always fun (highs and lows) but we did have a laugh back then. That picture just sums it up. Just look at the City fans faces.

I was just thinking the other day how you never see anyone climb up onto the roof of the stand like you used to at almost every game.

It was definitely inflamable material, full of flags and emblems, barbed wire love, you'd just go or it, fly the flag. The memories fade away, but back then it was roots, radicals, rockers and reggae, a brilliant wasted life, at the edge. Nowadays its like an alternative Ulster, just bits of kids with their suspect devices. Listen, it doesn't make it alright, but here we are nowhere, Gotta getaway. We're nobody's heroes. All the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I was just thinking the other day how you never see anyone climb up onto the roof of the stand like you used to at almost every game.

It was definitely inflamable material, full of flags and emblems, barbed wire love, you'd just go or it, fly the flag. The memories fade away, but back then it was roots, radicals, rockers and reggae, a brilliant wasted life, at the edge. Nowadays its like an alternative Ulster, just bits of kids with their suspect devices. Listen, it doesn't make it alright, but here we are nowhere, Gotta getaway. We're nobody's heroes. All the best.

I remember climbing the drainpipes to gain entry to the East End, which were painted with anti-climb sticky black tar. 

When it dried on your hands, you ended up with stiff little fingers…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I remember climbing the drainpipes to gain entry to the East End, which were painted with anti-climb sticky black tar. 

As did a few around the young lady in the photo I would imagine!

• Admin
1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Nowadays its like an alternative Ulster, just bits of kids with their suspect devices. Listen, it doesn't make it alright, but here we are nowhere, Gotta getaway. We're nobody's heroes. All the best.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I'm guessing many will miss what is being written here ?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I apologise if this is forbidden , Mods do your stuff.

Found this while looking for other stuff, not my photo BTW.
Wembley Freight Rover Final Vs Mansfield. Game ends in a draw, there's is a coin toss and they start the Pens. Big distraction in the crowd and many lost interest in the shoot out.
This was why ?

538961232_2016-07-2613_17_10.thumb.jpg.f298504306df5c44e7c6dca666443887.jpg

Mum wtf?

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

And then home to play with your tin soldiers!  

My first ever gig 1979 Colston* Hall. 12 years old. Mosh pit (well as close to it as I dared). Fun times.

*apologies if anyone was offended by the mention of the name or the implications that it was alright back then, if I had gone to another venue and thrown this one in the harbour I would have done,

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1