IGNORED

Benarous New Contract

brad blit

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s good news. Would be a real boost if we get similar news for Semenyo and Massengo.

They may well both leave eventually, but we have to maximise their value. I hope we can keep both long term - despite our patchy form I’m really enjoying our team at the moment. 

Completely agree. Apart from their obvious talent, the attitude the likes of Benarous, Scott, Pring and Semenyo show on the pitch has given us something to be proud of in the team and something to enjoy after a couple of years where things felt lost. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

56 minutes ago, !james said:

Great video ? 

Love the skills he shows in that video as a tiny lad.  Head-and-shoulders above his little team mates.  You occasionally encounter kids that stand out like that at school. We had one in our year. Unfortunately, although he signed papers for some half-arsed North Bristol outfit [I forget their name... ;) ] a serious ankle injury curtailed his career before it had got started.  Ayman has the skills to be quite some player. He thoroughly deserved his breakthrough this season. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Oh well that's still impressive

It is, against a good opponent, he had a positive impact on how we played.  That’s testament to his ability…often games like this, against good opponents can pass a player by.

His performance today wasn’t great for the u23s…far too much flashy stuff, drag-back turns.  Expect Nige will bring him back down to earth tomorrow / Thursday! ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Really good news. Pleased about this. 

It must be encouraging to others in the Academy too seeing that it is possible to progress with so many getting a chance.

A great advert for youth recruitment as well I'd have thought.

The pleasing thing about these players coming through the academy is that they are making an impression and being given an opportunity 

How many times have we seen them given the odd game and 10 mins here and there

They are technically very good and are trusted by NP 

SL must be pleased that we are developing and playing our own and the investment in the academy and facilities is hopefully bearing fruits now 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It is, against a good opponent, he had a positive impact on how we played.  That’s testament to his ability…often games like this, against good opponents can pass a player by.

His performance today wasn’t great for the u23s…far too much flashy stuff, drag-back turns.  Expect Nige will bring him back down to earth tomorrow / Thursday! ?

Yep... Not his best game today but the lad is very talented and will succeed 

11 hours ago, !james said:

Great video ? 

I think this is great work from the media team and gives the lad confidence and makes him feel he's wanted at the club.. A lot of hard work has gone in on a personal level from the age of seven until now.. Fair play to him ?The important thing now is to keep his head on and off the field.

Edited by Street red