IGNORED

Wordle

Jerseybean

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

There are two types of people; those who take their green and yellow letters and stick with them. And those who use completely different letters to exhaust the field. 

The first type tend to get better early wins, but risk not getting it. The second type tend to be less likely to not get it at all. 

Only played a couple of times but I am in the first camp at the moment. 

21 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

is it the same word for everyone  everyday?  if so,can we have the answer posted so i can do it in one, might actually be able to have a good record at some game in my life :yawn:

One of the things I like about Wordle is that cheating, whilst theoretically very easy, doesn't seem to happen at all. Being told the word renders the game completely pointless, and as there is nothing to be gained by getting it in one then it just doesn't seem to happen.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

One of the things I like about Wordle is that cheating, whilst theoretically very easy, doesn't seem to happen at all. Being told the word renders the game completely pointless, and as there is nothing to be gained by getting it in one then it just doesn't seem to happen.

I only saw this thread on Friday, so the game is still very new to me.

I finished my first attempt in four goes, the solution being SKILL.

I have just completed another version, starting with the word SMILE, only to find that the first, third and fourth letters were green, i.e. correct and in the correct place.

I didn't take a genius to work out that the most logical solution was again SKILL.

So, my question is:

Have I stumbled upon the specimen version, i.e. tailor made for beginners, or is this just a strange coincidence?   

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have just completed another version, starting with the word SMILE, only to find that the first, third and fourth letters were green, i.e. correct and in the correct place.

I didn't take a genius to work out that the most logical solution was again SKILL.

So, my question is:

Have I stumbled upon the specimen version, i.e. tailor made for beginners, or is this just a strange coincidence?   

I think you got lucky.As far as I understand there is only one difficulty level.

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, my question is:

It's only one word a day and everyone has the same word so I presume ypu were playing two different sites? So far as I am aware the online one at powerlanguage.co.uk is the one everyone generally plays and the others are clones. There is no difficulty level, no login etc. Maybe you found one that uses the same daily word? 

16 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I think you got lucky.As far as I understand there is only one difficulty level.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It's only one word a day and everyone has the same word so I presume ypu were playing two different sites? So far as I am aware the online one at powerlanguage.co.uk is the one everyone generally plays and the others are clones. There is no difficulty level, no login etc. Maybe you found one that uses the same daily word? 

Ah,

It has just occurred to me that I used two different devices; my fixed computer and my mobile telephone.

I used the link provided at the start of this thread and, if there is only one word a day, perhaps the site thought I was two different people and allowed me to play the same game twice.  

In that case, sorry if I disclosed today's solution.

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Suddenly realised there is an ex-City striker whose surname is a five letter word in the dictionary with three common consonants and two of the most common vowels. Might start using him as my first guess…

There is also an ex-City player whose name contains three, arguably four, vowels.

Unfortunately, Atyeo is apparently an invalid word - I tried it!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Suddenly realised there is an ex-City striker whose surname is a five letter word in the dictionary with three common consonants and two of the most common vowels. Might start using him as my first guess…

Don’t you think wordle is a bad enough expenditure of my time without having to now guess your silly little game!

I’ve not got past seal (only 4 letters) and cramb (incorrect spelling!). Now I’ve just thought Of Cole (4)!

FFS. 

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Don’t you think wordle is a bad enough expenditure of my time without having to now guess your silly little game!

I’ve not got past seal (only 4 letters) and cramb (incorrect spelling!). Now I’ve just thought Of Cole (4)!

FFS. 

Signed by Millen, played best under McInnes. In fact pretty much our only player who played well under McInnes.

Great work rate, not a great goalscorer.

Is that enough clues? If not, maybe someone else can suggest some in my stead…

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Getting worse after the first go is interesting. When I am at my boredest I try to work out peoples opening words but can’t with yours as you aren’t one of the people who look to make progress on their first word!

Yep… I like to bank my correct guesses and narrow the field to my advantage. Worked well today!