IGNORED

Wordle

Jerseybean

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

Today’s Wordle had me struggling. Took me 5 to get it but with a long time between third and fifth goes! Sometimes there are too many options - this time I couldn’t see any!

I am struggling with this one too.I have got the second and third letters and have tried all the usual most used letters with no luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slacker said:

I am struggling with this one too.I have got the second and third letters and have tried all the usual most used letters with no luck.

For an hour I had two letters and literally couldn’t see how to make a five letter word with the options I had left.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

How about this for an extremely lucky guess.

Wordle 436 3/6

⬜⬜?⬜?
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
?????

I'd be interested to know what other peole's stats are like, as I've never compared with anyone else.

My "guess distribution" is:-

1 - 0

2 - 3

3 - 60

4 - 84

5 - 41

6 - 7

Fails - 4

That's over 199 attempts.

22 hours ago, Leveller said:

I'd be interested to know what other peole's stats are like, as I've never compared with anyone else.

1 - 0

2 - 3

3 - 60

4 - 84

5 - 41

6 - 7

Fails - 4

That's not too far off:

1 - 0

2 - 3

3 - 17

4 -25

5 - 23

6 - 7

Fails - 0

I would imagine mine would be something like that once I hit 200 attempts. Have had a couple of very lucky 6s that could easily have been fails

• Thanks 1

On 29/08/2022 at 20:22, Leveller said:

1 - 0

2 - 3

3 - 60

4 - 84

5 - 41

6 - 7

Fails - 4

Very similar to mine, I suspect, although I can't recall ever getting a 2.

I am pretty sure, however, that I have had more fails.

As I have mentioned, I far prefer QUORDLE, which I find more of a proper challenge - also, I have never failed to complete QUORDLE.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Wordle got me today, streak of 168 broken.

13 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I got to ✅✅✅❌✅ on my third go and only managed to (by luck!) get it on my final guess. 

Wow!

I have posted on several occasions how I consider WORDLE to be very much a game of chance and how I much prefer QUORDLE, which I consider more challenging, but, at the same time, a fair test - I have failed WORDLE on several occasions, but, so far, have always managed to complete QUORDLE.

My two go solution today, based obviously on an inspired guess, perhaps justifies my view.

I should be interested to know whether you both do QUORDLE as well and, if so, which one you prefer. 

Tried the Nerdle one just now, still half paying attention when watching in TV.

Got one in 4 after a few fails...2 + 4 x 6=26.

A little odd, caught me out once or twice- depends on brackets I guess as go whether 2 + 4 x 6=36 or 26. With nerdle it appears to be the latter.

Not played Wordle proper yet although tried the swear word ones a little.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Anyone think it's a bit unfair that Wordle resets your streak if life stops you playing one day?

Quordle or Nerdle don't do the same.

I forgot to do Wordle one day when my streak was 194. I therefore stopped playing it. Also stopped playing Dordle, Quordle, Octordle and Sedecordle at the same time. I used to do them all first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. Now I just enjoy the extra 30 minutes of slumber.