IGNORED

Wordle

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Today was my first failure in a while, I had 4 letters after 3 goes, but didn't get the last letter as there were about 7 possible answers.

I found myself in the same position, but fortunately got it with my second guess - I am assuming you were missing the first letter.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I found myself in the same position, but fortunately got it with my second guess - I am assuming you were missing the first letter.

Exactly what happened to me.First failure. Will post a pic of it tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

Exactly what happened to me.First failure. Will post a pic of it tomorrow. 

Wordle 282 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜?⬜⬜
??⬜⬜⬜
⬜????
⬜????
?????

It's not the first time, and it's very frustrating.

I had a very similar problem with Quordle a few weeks ago;, it took me three or four attempts, although fortunately each letter I guessed appeared in one the other words so enabled me to complete it. 

40 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Wordle 282 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜?⬜⬜
??⬜⬜⬜
⬜????
⬜????
?????

It's not the first time, and it's very frustrating.

I had a very similar problem with Quordle a few weeks ago;, it took me three or four attempts, although fortunately each letter I guessed appeared in one the other words so enabled me to complete it. 

This was my attempt.I think there was only one other possible choice.Screenshot_20220328-052454.thumb.png.77742cfb1e8d53a09c95e48137588305.png

On 28/03/2022 at 13:57, Port Said Red said:

Today was my first failure in a while, I had 4 letters after 3 goes, but didn't get the last letter as there were about 7 possible answers.

Yup, I failed too. Too many options. Just down to unlucky guessing at times it seems.

I’ve got the hang of quordle now though. Never tried Octordle or whatever it’s called yet...might try now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yup, I failed too. Too many options. Just down to unlucky guessing at times it seems.

I’ve got the hang of quordle now though. Never tried Octordle or whatever it’s called yet...might try now.

Indeed.

I remain convinced that Wordle, as opposed to Quordle, is very often down to luck.

Wordle 283 3/6

?⬜⬜?⬜
?⬜??⬜
?????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Interesting Quordle today…. ??

Very interesting, especially the bottom right hand corner.

I had two lines left, with only the second letter missing, and chose a smelly American animal as my last but one choice.

I hesitated for what seemed an eternity before completing my final guess, thinking surely not, but it was the only possibilty left.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Very interesting, especially the bottom right hand corner.

I had two lines left, with only the second letter missing, and chose a smelly American animal as my last but one choice.

I hesitated for what seemed an eternity before completing my final guess, thinking surely not, but it was the only possibilty left.

Ha! Never forget that It's American, so that word means something else. You sometimes get words like color and savor on Wordle - always worth bearing in mind.

I once remember watching some US TV programme with my mother. One of the characters said that she liked it when her husband patted her on the fanny. The expression on my poor mother's face was priceless...

9 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Ha! Never forget that It's American, so that word means something else. You sometimes get words like color and savor on Wordle - always worth bearing in mind.

I once remember watching some US TV programme with my mother. One of the characters said that she liked it when her husband patted her on the fanny. The expression on my poor mother's face was priceless...

In order to avoid spoiling the puzzle, I won't go in to too much detail, but I well remember my mother using the word when I was a young boy, at an age when I certainly had no idea what the other meaning referred to!

As you say, the American wordings are often frustrating, especially the lack of 'U's