Jump to content
IGNORED

U23s today free to watch


bcfc01
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turned on to watch the last half hour........and watched as we conceded 3 Dead ball goals in the last 20 minutes?   While Cardiffs first goal was excellent, the last two were very badly defended crosses, and dubious goalkeeping.  When we conceded an equaliser in the 92nd minute, I became nostalgic for the first team...Ha!!   Admittedly i did not see the first 65 minutes, but we were not very good in the closing stages   from what i saw of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Commentator thinks that Dylan Kadji likely to be the next to graduate to our 1st team squad. 

Not sure where this leaves James Morton. He always looked a tidy player whenever I've seen him, and has an excellent left foot, but there seem to be doubts about his ability to step up. Surprised he didn't get sent out on loan if not released permanently. 

Only really watched the first half whilst scoffing my lunch.  Thought Morton was excellent.  Have been surprised he’s fallen by the wayside and rumours of him having his contract cancelled.  Yet, today we hear he’s back from injury…something we’ve not been told about.  Makes a bit more sense.  Not saying he’s first team level, but at least you can see he’s a decent footballer today.

Was impressed with Idehen (LCB2) today, even though commentator called his Taylor all first half.  Looked very composed and sharp in the tackle, showing why he played Lg2 / EFL Trophy games for Grimsby.  Looks like he might have enough to get a deal beyond the summer.

Looks like the wind played a part in their last two goals…but also think the two above being subbed off might have contributed too.

James Taylor much more at home at CB today than RB last week.

Owers looked neat and tidy too.

57 minutes ago, grifty said:

Been sneakily watching the game at work and from what I’ve seen it’s being played at a frenetic pace. Everyone (except Simpson) has been sprinting around like mad. No-one seems to be able to get a foot on the ball and take control of it.

Proper Derby wasn’t it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disappointing but fair result from 3-0 up.

Keeper had a bit of a mare for the goals and had nothing to do other than that (their keeper had nothing of note to do either tbf).

Idehen and Kadji looked very good.

Owers and Morton had good games.

Unfortunately, Bell and Conway did nothing to enhance their first team chances imo and I expected a lot more from those two, but they looked well off Championship quality. Benarous faded out of the game despite having some good moments earlier on.

Simpson did what you'd expect of him and barely put a foot wrong and Wells had his usual game and took his goals well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time we are winning or drawing a game now I am just waiting for the inevitable late goal conceded , this seems apart from the odd season to be a thing we have all come to expect, it doesn't seem to matter what the team or manager is it still seems to happen baffling doesn't even come close, today was a perfect example different players same resultant late goal.

Edited by pillred
Punctuation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Ffs, just like 1st team

Well it wasn't that long ago we were being told the u23s were supposed to be set up like the first team, to make the transition easier between the two.

It would appear the u23s are doing exactly that!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, pillred said:

Every time we are winning or drawing a game now I am just waiting for the inevitable late goal conceded , this seems apart from the odd season to be a thing we have all come to expect, it doesn't seem to matter what the team or manager is it still seems to happen baffling doesn't even come close, today was a perfect example different players same resultant late goal.

It’s an u23 game, ultimately the result isn’t important.  Think the wind and subs made an impact.  We took off two players who were probably our best players on the day.  Morton we know has just come back from injury.  Idehen, probably the same, because it’s the first time we’ve seen him since he arrived, and we’ve been playing 16/17 year olds in recent games at CB.  We replaced them with a 16 year old, and a 18 year old who made his first u23 start last week.

Plus our 3-0 lead wasn’t a fair reflection of the game imho.

Shit happens, it’s a good learning curve for them.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoyed the game as it’s nice to watch without the stress of 3 points on offer, so makes it more chilled and relaxed.

Draw was a fair result overall but Wiles Richards will be disappointed in all 3 goals. Some good performances from Morton, Kadji, Taylor, Idehen & Wells took his goals really well.   Also, best I’ve seen Josh Owers & quicker than he looks.

Bell, Conway whilst playing wide didn’t do much and Ayman was right off.  Have to say if Danny Simpson makes a start we will be in trouble as cannot move and looked as though he was enjoying too many ciders whilst here.

Good game in circumstances 

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Enjoyed the game as it’s nice to watch without the stress of 3 points on offer, so makes it more chilled and relaxed.

Draw was a fair result overall but Wiles Richards will be disappointed in all 3 goals. Some good performances from Morton, Kadji, Taylor, Idehen & Wells took his goals really well.   Also, best I’ve seen Josh Owers & quicker than he looks.

Bell, Conway whilst playing wide didn’t do much and Ayman was right off.  Have to say if Danny Simpson makes a start we will be in trouble as cannot move and looked as though he was enjoying too many ciders whilst here.

Good game in circumstances 

I thought Cardiff were v.good, good patterns…if anything I thought they shaded it despite being 3-0 down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

See I thought Conway had a good game, hes deceptively quick and beat his man regularly. Idehen is definitely a player, surprised he hasn't got a contract before this.

I am with you @Davefevs, the commentator seemed to be confused as to which was which at the back despite their obvious differences. I had to Google Idehen to confirm which one he was.

I assume that Kadji came in for Williams because of his early yellow, but he is a presence for sure. I thought Josh Owers looks more of a player in the left back role.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

See I thought Conway had a good game, hes deceptively quick and beat his man regularly. Idehen is definitely a player, surprised he hasn't got a contract before this.

I am with you @Davefevs, the commentator seemed to be confused as to which was which at the back despite their obvious differences. I had to Google Idehen to confirm which one he was.

I assume that Kadji came in for Williams because of his early yellow, but he is a presence for sure. I thought Josh Owers looks more of a player in the left back role.

I tweeted Dan White after 15 minutes to tell him, he replied at h-t!!!  I’m guessing someone told him Semenyo was Antoine’s brother midway through the half too!

I get a bit arsey about things like that.  I can understand him not knowing much / anything about Cardiff’s u23s, but he should know James Taylor isn’t Duncan Idehen, he’s commentated enough times to know James Taylor is white, whether he’s seen Idehen before or not.  I think it’s just a bit of basic preparation before a game.

As for a first team game I expect a little bit of knowledge of our opponents also.  Surely he must know that team sheets are quite often listed in squad number order, and / or of little relevance to formation, yet he will just blanket assume the first is the GK, the next 4 are defenders etc.

Sorry, just a mini-rant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I tweeted Dan White after 15 minutes to tell him, he replied at h-t!!!  I’m guessing someone told him Semenyo was Antoine’s brother midway through the half too!

I get a bit arsey about things like that.  I can understand him not knowing much / anything about Cardiff’s u23s, but he should know James Taylor isn’t Duncan Idehen, he’s commentated enough times to know James Taylor is white, whether he’s seen Idehen before or not.  I think it’s just a bit of basic preparation before a game.

As for a first team game I expect a little bit of knowledge of our opponents also.  Surely he must know that team sheets are quite often listed in squad number order, and / or of little relevance to formation, yet he will just blanket assume the first is the GK, the next 4 are defenders etc.

Sorry, just a mini-rant.

May I ask  what Dan White's role is?  Is he just a commentator from the media department?  That is,  apart from not being very observant....and failing to do any research?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, maxjak said:

May I ask  what Dan White's role is?  Is he just a commentator from the media department?  That is,  apart from not being very observant....and failing to do any research?

I've been assuming our RobinsTV commentators were volunteers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, maxjak said:

May I ask  what Dan White's role is?  Is he just a commentator from the media department?  That is,  apart from not being very observant....and failing to do any research?

He’s the tv producer, presenter and commentator for Robinstv. Not sure if that’s directly for Bristol City, or contracted.  He has commentated for Yeovil Town, and City men and womens.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I tweeted Dan White after 15 minutes to tell him, he replied at h-t!!!  I’m guessing someone told him Semenyo was Antoine’s brother midway through the half too!

I get a bit arsey about things like that.  I can understand him not knowing much / anything about Cardiff’s u23s, but he should know James Taylor isn’t Duncan Idehen, he’s commentated enough times to know James Taylor is white, whether he’s seen Idehen before or not.  I think it’s just a bit of basic preparation before a game.

As for a first team game I expect a little bit of knowledge of our opponents also.  Surely he must know that team sheets are quite often listed in squad number order, and / or of little relevance to formation, yet he will just blanket assume the first is the GK, the next 4 are defenders etc.

Sorry, just a mini-rant.

What do you make of James Taylor Dave ? He’s a great lad, football mad, very unassuming and down to earth. The sort of lad who probably still plays with his mates in the park. I’d like to see him progress in the game . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redapple said:

What do you make of James Taylor Dave ? He’s a great lad, football mad, very unassuming and down to earth. The sort of lad who probably still plays with his mates in the park. I’d like to see him progress in the game . 

Thought he had a good game today.  Had a poor opening half hour last week at Charlton playing RB rather than RCB as he was today.  Not sure if my d.o.b. date is accurate but if so, he’s 20 now….so he’s possibly got a bit to do if he’s not been involved with first team like Towler, etc.  But always tough to judge.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...