IGNORED

Coach 1

Redandproud

17 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It's been a, while since I travelled by coach and I mostly went on coach 2 (Jerry's coach) but when I travelled on coach 1 it was fine. Yes it had a higher average age and the regulars liked their fixed seats but they'd offer drinks and snacks too. Coach 2 had a younger average but also had its regulars some of whom could be seen in the same seats for each trip. 

Coach 2 was decent when i used it regularly back in the mid to late 90s

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

CF1_IksWEAA1AV3.jpg.493ff010e37d470b07110ad5823d6a79.jpg

They don't have coaches they have hourse drawn carriages, that why when they lose they have something to take their frustration out on, and it protects the police horse 

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Yea I went on that a fair bit, 

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

I used to go on coach 2 with Jerry as steward for years and it was always good fun. One memory I do have though which ties in with Saturday`s match is travelling to Blackpool on it two days after I`d had an, ahem, `minor operation` and that was bloody uncomfortable.

Coach seats weren`t as comfy back then I can tell you!

On 02/02/2022 at 17:00, Redandproud said:

Anyone experienced coach 1 , I'm on it for Saturday, any tips, I understand members have they're same seats for every away game, 

Simple. Just wait for everyone else to get on & then take the one remaining spare seat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CodeRed said:

First Class at £294.00 looks a steal !

For just over half that price, really, I can travel First Class from Paris to Cologne (return) on the Thalys ( a high speed train, similar to Eurostar), with a really comfortable seat accompanied by a three course meal and a (small) bottle of wine. 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

For just over half that price, really, I can travel First Class from Paris to Cologne (return) on the Thalys ( a high speed train, similar to Eurostar), with a really comfortable seat accompanied by a three course meal and a (small) bottle of wine. 

But why would you want to do that Phil when, and to my astonishment when en route to Fleetwood, you may take a train from Preston to Blackpool where on the departing platform you'll witness an Eastern European gent catch (and decapitate) with bare hand a pigeon in full flight? Once onboard to witness a 'hen' of women in their 30s bursting out of tight yet scanty outfits whilst consuming over the briefest journey approximately the same volume of alcohol for which you'd need to undertake 300 journeys to Cologne; simultaneously encouraging a 'muscle' of male strippers to display the wares for which the 'hens' had signally already booked later that weekend. "Show us your Cologne Cathedral," doesn't have the same ring as "Show us your Blackpool Towers." Despite sun not yet over yardarm you may witness the Atlas wanabees doing as requested and rings of which Prince Albert would have been proud, polished.

European travel sounds far too civilised in comparison.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

But why would you want to do that Phil when, and to my astonishment when en route to Fleetwood, you may take a train from Preston to Blackpool where on the departing platform you'll witness an Eastern European gent catch (and decapitate) with bare hand a pigeon in full flight? Once onboard to witness a 'hen' of women in their 30s bursting out of tight yet scanty outfits whilst consuming over the briefest journey approximately the same volume of alcohol for which you'd need to undertake 300 journeys to Cologne; simultaneously encouraging a 'muscle' of male strippers to display the wares for which the 'hens' had signally already booked later that weekend. "Show us your Cologne Cathedral," doesn't have the same ring as "Show us your Blackpool Towers." Despite sun not yet over yardarm you may witness the Atlas wanabees doing as requested and rings of which Prince Albert would have been proud, polished.

European travel sounds far too civilised in comparison.

Well, Yes.

When you put it like that, the Kölner Dom is still dirty and, as you say, a simple 'ein Bier bitte' or even 'ein Weissbier bitte, ohne Zitrone' just doesn't have the same ring.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Well I've made up my mind, I'll sit where I want , I've paid for my seat,if the regulars don't like it tough,roll on Saturday

Just make sure they all got red and white on and you'll be OK. Mate of mine once got on Coach 1 and they had blue and white quarters on. We still miss him and talk of him with fondness.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

"Hey guys I'm on coach 1 any tips?"
"Just be respectful and you'll be fine"

3 pages later

"Ok I'm just going to do whatever I want then and tough shit if they don't like it cheers all"

Have to wonder why you bothered asking

We do love a good coach 1 thread around here 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

"Hey guys I'm on coach 1 any tips?"
"Just be respectful and you'll be fine"

3 pages later

"Ok I'm just going to do whatever I want then and tough shit if they don't like it cheers all"

Have to wonder why you bothered asking

I didn't say "tough shit" if they don't like it,get it right,