IGNORED

Celtic v rangers

sticks 1969

On 03/02/2022 at 11:49, Miah Dennehy said:

Just about to head  to the airport to come home. To be fair that was coming. Celtic have been thrilling to watch under Ange lately and Rangers have been scraping by. The atmosphere was something special last night, for those who think the celebrations were a bit OTT, yes possibly, but it seemed like one of those results that signified a turning of the tide, but only time will tell if that's true.

Regarding the lack of away fans, yes Rangers cut our allocation 3 or 4 years ago and Celtic responded to that, and then Covid has caused extra complications . Rangers said they would give Celtic 600 or  for the first game only if Celtic would guarantee the same, which Celtic saying they couldn't if Covid restrictions were in place. I think it's a terrible shame , I used to go to the games at Ibrox as well and there was always a great atmosphere  and I feel- last night apart- that the atmosphere at Celtic Park is diminished with few or  no Rangers fans in the ground. As both sides have now sold season tickets in the areas previously reserved for away fans, it is unlikely to go back to the old days anytime soon.

I went to the Dundee derby on Tuesday night as well. Not quite the same but still a good atmosphere, but - and as someone who is always sticking up for Scottish football, I hate saying this- it did really look like two very, very poor sides.

Anyway, Sutton away for me next up :)

Robbored- feel free to comment on your lack of interest at any time, we need to know.

Blimey, Gas and now Celtic…

I don’t know what’s worse.