IGNORED

Swansea game - snow bomb

A Horse With No Name

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

I was responding to a posting about the wrong weather predictions of the Daily express who are forever forecasting snow which hardly ever actually happens. 

This sketch is basically a visual version of the Daily Express, including its weather forecasting:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Almost as bad as that ***** who runs ‘exacta weather’ from his mums bedroom and sells the most wild predictions to the express every winter. Him and Nathan Roe who write the stories each year need packing off to the artic where they can **** themselves silly with all the snow 

100% agree.  

This genuine meteorologist identifies the guilty men in this very angry blog:

https://durhamukweather.com/exacta-weather-and-the-daily-express-fake-weather-news/

Lest not forget besides Weather the latest Clickbait, User Generated Content that's doing the rounds:

"UNRECOGNISABLE You'll never believe what (insert OTIB member's name here) looks like these days !!!!"

(Insert school photo here)

(Insert 30 years older, married, kids, hard though not excessive living, here)

Conclude: Yeah it's (insert OTIB member's name here) they've aged .....

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

100% agree.  

This genuine meteorologist identifies the guilty men in this very angry blog:

https://durhamukweather.com/exacta-weather-and-the-daily-express-fake-weather-news/

That was Piers Corbyns company. Well the best that can be said for him is that at least he’s been consistent with his production of bullshit over the years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Or the game at WBA when we were about the only game in the country still on . City wore revolutionary new dimpled boots designed for Arctic conditions. We slid to a 4-0 defeat .

Went to WBA in late ‘70s on a Boxing Day, it was the only game on in the country, lost 3-1 after being 1 up at h/t, Regis, Cunningham and Robson at their peak

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Lest not forget besides Weather the latest Clickbait, User Generated Content that's doing the rounds:

"UNRECOGNISABLE You'll never believe what (insert OTIB member's name here) looks like these days !!!!"

"Number 4 will amaze you"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I miss the days when matches were played on frozen pitches. It reduced the quality of the football played but, somehow, increased the entertainment value. I remember watching City play Spurs on a frozen pitch when Gerry Gow spent the entire match trying to kick Ossie Ardiles. He failed miserably as Ossie could keep his balance on the ice and Gerry couldn’t 

Ardiles and Vila were the only two players who really handled the conditions that day!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I miss the days when matches were played on frozen pitches. It reduced the quality of the football played but, somehow, increased the entertainment value. I remember watching City play Spurs on a frozen pitch when Gerry Gow spent the entire match trying to kick Ossie Ardiles. He failed miserably as Ossie could keep his balance on the ice and Gerry couldn’t 

The player that stood out for me was Ricky Villa, for a big unit he seemed to glide across the pitch, while other players had a job just to stand !

edit  Sorry, just noticed EEOB post .

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RivieraRed said:

Enjoy...  I remember going to Orient in the 80's, being charged full price after turning up at HT (the train broke down), snowball fight with the locals then Swindon being chased off by Divy... great day...

Yes, remember the turnstile guy saying  " There's Swindon up the other end.............if you want them " !

15 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I look just the same !  :dunno:

On 03/02/2022 at 11:19, Gazred said:

BBQ summers and snow warnings are an annual seasonal headline of theirs.

What's a snow bomb anyway? Do they mean snow, falling from the sky, from a cloud, when it's cold, as nature intended?

With my " conspiracy" head on ,there is no profit (consumer wise) in saying that the summer is going to be meh, and likewise the winter. Who's going to rush out and get new BBQs or winter wear and sledges ? How much are the forecasters paid in backhanders to "alarm" the population ?

• Like 1

On 03/02/2022 at 13:03, The Horse With No Name said:

Or the game at WBA when we were about the only game in the country still on . City wore revolutionary new dimpled boots designed for Arctic conditions. We slid to a 4-0 defeat .

I'm pretty sure it was WBA who had the "moon boots", THEN we invested in some, seem to remember a big article in EP about it .

• Like 1