IGNORED

18 Years Old

alexukhc

I’ve heard reports that some of the asylum seekers coming over on the boats from France, who have no paperwork at all, say they are under 18 as they will get better treatment as a minor, and the Uk can’t prove it either way, apparently some of the guys look over 30!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

And this dude...

Made 3 appearances for Lazio before being loaned out to various Seria B clubs and now - at 25 - "retired" out to a Chinese club.

Thing is, Lazio had to bring in dental and bone density experts to supposedly prove his age as the Italian authorities disputed it. 

• Like 1

I remember a PNE scout coming down to watch one of our strikers at Brislington who’d been banging the goals in.  He allegedly asked someone which player it was, saw the player was slightly greying so asked how old he was. 32 was the reply.  “Ah, bollocks, heard he was 19”…got in his car and drove off.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’ve heard reports that some of the asylum seekers coming over on the boats from France, who have no paperwork at all, say they are under 18 as they will get better treatment as a minor, and the Uk can’t prove it either way, apparently some of the guys look over 30!

When I was working with young offenders, we had a couple of Vietnamese shipped in claiming to be 16. They had to have dental and bone scans which apparently help age people. The report back suggested both were at least in their mid thirties!

• Haha 1

b57fd05859ec7fa9b2e0094ee41c568d.png

Ages and appearances are fun. 

I don't believe it's an urban myth. Lukaku's mum had to bring his birth certificate to games because nobody could believe he was the age he was. This was him aged 13 I think. 

The other end, I played for my rugby veterans team because I'd reached the age that you qualify (35) and not long after, one of the colts mums asked me what age group I played for believing I was still a teenager. Still get id'd now occasionally. One day it'll stop. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I remember a PNE scout coming down to watch one of our strikers at Brislington who’d been banging the goals in.  He allegedly asked someone which player it was, saw the player was slightly greying so asked how old he was. 32 was the reply.  “Ah, bollocks, heard he was 19”…got in his car and drove off.

Ah, so PNE is an ageist club? Disgraceful! ??

A distant relative of mine, played in the Western League and was approached by an Arsenal scout after a match in the 1970s. He had a baby face and a mop of long blonde hair. The scout wanted him to come up to Highbury for a trial. However, my relative was too honest when asked his age, as soon as he said 36, the scout lost interest. ?