IGNORED

Six Nations

Kid in the Riot

I'm not really a Rugby guy but do take a passing interest in any Sport when England play. It seems to me since the World Cup England have been woeful, and it's not English Arrogance to expect to beat Scotland and Wales at Sport but when you have more facilities and money spent you expect more than what has been put out in the six nations in the last 10-15 years. 

Thankfully our Football team is in a better position these days than Rugby which was never the case during the Golden Generation. There seems to me to be a lack of direction and hunger within English Rugby to truly dominate the 6 Nations unlike Wales or Ireland who seem to always have the bit between their teeth to not only beat us but to win the Grand Slam.

The decisions being made on the Rugby field on Saturday has been happening for years as far back as when Stuart Lancaster was in charge, it's naivety, it happens every single time.

I'd still rather be English though and have the better football side by quite a way.

Bit turgid that second half in Rome, but we did what we had to.

I always wonder what Italy get out of Six Nations. It must be almost as depressing for their fans as it is for those following City away.

Georgia are above Italy in the world rankings, so wouldn't it make sense to make it the Seven Nations? Then at least there will be some contest over who gets the wooden spoon.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bit turgid that second half in Rome, but we did what we had to.

I always wonder what Italy get out of Six Nations. It must be almost as depressing for their fans as it is for those following City away.

Georgia are above Italy in the world rankings, so wouldn't it make sense to make it the Seven Nations? Then at least there will be some contest over who gets the wooden spoon.

Or would it be better to go back to the five nations? At least every game is competitive then, ie the result could go either way. At the moment it's merely a training exercise for whoever is playing Italy. Alternatively perhaps relegation for the bottom team could be introduced, with that team being replaced by whoever is the highest ranking European team?

1 minute ago, Red Shadow said:

Edited by Red Shadow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

France by far the best team. Strong up front, creative and Dupont a total beast.

Cannot wait for England Wales in a couple of weeks. 

Agreed. They won almost every collision on Saturday. We made a lot of errors and indiscipline in the first half cost us in the end but don't think we played particularly badly and did very well to hang in there and get a LBP in the end. Most teams would have probably lost that by some margin considering how well France played. The only part of their game which looked below par was the lineout which came as a bit of a surprise with Woki and others there but I suppose you can't have it all. 

Can't see past France for the Grand Slam now with Scotland and Wales away and England at home, but you never know. I wouldn't be dissatisfied with finishing second on the basis that we have to go to Twickenham.

On 11/02/2022 at 20:31, The Batman said:

Bloke I used to play rugby with. His son used to be our waterboy.... He's currently on the bench for England u20's on iplayer. His name is Finn Thomas. 

We're 6-0 down to Italy with 15 mins to go. Finn will come on and win us the game. 

Team news just come out. He makes his first England Start tomorrow. 

Teams named for England - Wales:

England: Steward; Malins, Slade, Tuilagi, Nowell; Smith, Randall; Genge, Cowan-Dickie, Sinckler, Ewels, Itoje, Lawes (Capt), Curry, Dombrandt.

Replacements: George, Marler, Stuart, Isiekwe, Simmonds, Youngs, Ford, Daly.

Wales: L Williams; Cuthbert, Watkin, Tompkins, Adams; Biggar (capt), T Williams; W Jones, Elias, Francis, Rowlands, Beard, Moriarty, Basham, Faletau.

Replacements: Lake, G Thomas, Brown, S Davies, Morgan, Hardy, Anscombe, J Davies.

• Like 1