IGNORED

Blackpool away match day thread

Nearly there now, expecting a wet, cold and windy experience. But then, having been to Holker Street 6 weeks back I feel prepared! 

Feel positive about getting a result, we've looked much better as of late so hopefully can continue that through to today

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1

After a very contentious last minute penalty (which we missed, thus restoring justice) a Blackpool fan tried to kill my daughter and I in a retail park car park. We were walking back to our car in our City shirts, a car with four tangerine shirted lads accelerated hard at us, I just about managed to push my daughter out of the way, they at no time went for their brakes. Nice people. 

can see Blackpool from Southport, there used to be a ten minute hovercraft ride (although it wouldn’t have run today), as it is it’s an hour’s drive as you have to drive around the river ribble(like driving both sides of a letter ‘V’. 

setting off now. COYRs. 

2-3 wins would guarantee safety this season in my book, in view of the points deductions and how terrible Barnsley and Peterborough are. I however would hope based in recent performances that we should have loftier ambitions than just survival, and I see no reason why we shouldn’t look to finish between 8th and 10th. COYR 

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

2-3 wins would guarantee safety this season in my book, in view of the points deductions and how terrible Barnsley and Peterborough are. I however would hope based in recent performances that we should have loftier ambitions than just survival, and I see no reason why we shouldn’t look to finish between 8th and 10th. COYR 

9th then.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, TomF said:

Must of been 3-4 time maybe. The 5-1 always sticks in the mind but another Jan fixture maybe in 2000s where the wind off the Irish Sea and being in a uncovered side of the ground was brutally cold.  I think only Oldham was a place that I felt colder the year we went up under GJ 

Yeah, that was truly Arctic. I ended up buying some gloves from the Oldham club shop :laugh:

• Flames 1
56 minutes ago, 22A said:

Their views of this game; https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/blackpool-v-bristol-city-official-matchday-thread-05-02-21.28735/

Rain and 40 plus mile an hour winds forecast, should be interesting.

Andreas Weimann is their most dangerous player. Creates and scores goals.Need to keep him quiet.

Tough game this 2-2

We’ll need volunteers to guard our statues.

Weird. For once, an opposition forum isn't full of people saying how rubbish we are, and how they should smash us.

Went at a guess 15 years ago when the terracing was scaffolding. Made it a weekend with our friends and took the kids. 

Could not believe how difficult it was to find somewhere to eat on the evening as everywhere was set up for stags and hens. We ended up on a pier and had the DJ take the piss alnight about how posh we were because the ladies were drinking wine.