IGNORED

Blackpool away match day thread

Just now, old_eastender said:

Fail to see how Max can be blamed for any of the 3 goals today. 

It isn't just about today. He's been given a nice extended opportunity and is AVERAGING 3 goals per game conceded and a number of those have to bring his overall competence at this level into question. That isn't good enough, end of story.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So, after a relatively steady period of improving performances, more entertaining football and relative security in mid table, one bad game and all the usual kneejerkers are back to “Pearson out”.

Grow up, find some perspective and understand there will be plenty of ups and downs along the way.

Absolutely. The improvement and development trend is going in the right direction. 

Today is a bad day at the office.

I've learned nothing new watching this game:

1) We have some very young but exciting players making their breakthrough season in the championship - they will have bad games.

2) We know we've got defensive weaknesses and we've seen again performances from the players in the squad who are unlikely to "take us forward".

3) We know we've lacked leadership on the pitch. Evident again today, especially with James, King out etc, the composure was quickly lost.

4) We have a few players in the team that too often "go missing" on a Saturday afternoon. 

All stuff Nige will know too. 

• Like 4

So, after a relatively steady period of improving performances, more entertaining football and relative security in mid table, one bad game and all the usual kneejerkers are back to “Pearson out”.

Grow up, find some perspective and understand there will be plenty of ups and downs along the way.

I don’t agree with the Pearson out brigade. I have seen improvement recently, particularly with the younger element such as Scott, Massengo, Semenyo etc.

I can’t say the same for the experience players who are letting us down.

If we are to escape relegation, I think it will be closer than people think.

Hopefully between now and the end of the season, there will be more ups than downs.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This merely proves your inability to be objective.

Second half v Millwall

Rousing performance against Cardiff.

Best performance in ages against Preston.

Winning more games at home.

Entertaining football.

Massengo, Scott and Semenyo all emerging as hugely exciting talents.

Plenty of positive signs, the only people that can’t see them are people like yourself who are determined not to.

Still can’t defend for toffee. 13 months on and we are still no where near good enough at the back. 

You can have all the rousing performances you want - but until we sort the defence out, results won’t improve 

Makes me laugh how Pearson and the coaches seem to have a free ride here with the constant dreadful defending . People acting like we got a team full of shite players and the constant conceding of 2+ goals is acceptable 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

International experience means very little. Never understood why this is used as a barometer of quality. A San Marino plumber can be an international footballer.

This is an average squad and there is no reason to think we can’t get better players with a high profile and well connected manager, and some shrewd recruitment within our means.

I think  the Czech Republic and Switzerland are rated a bit higher than San Marino?  I appreciate u are trying to make a point, but even so? ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, swanker said:

And some think Max is up to Championship standard football?

Question that some people feel shouldn’t be asked , local boy or not the facts speak for themselves, defence obviously not great but Max is offering them no confidence at all, Bents needs to be back for a vital game on Wednesday 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We have players in this team with international experience . We have players who are current internationals!

We won’t get better then the players we have. We should be doing better 

I see no merit in sacking Pearson, but I know what you mean.

Its a fair comment.

Ive been so frustrated with the shit nature of the goals we have conceded this year.

Often, it’s not our shape or set up just weak individuals.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Still can’t defend for toffee. 13 months on and we are still no where near good enough at the back. 

You can have all the rousing performances you want - but until we sort the defence out, results won’t improve 

Makes me laugh how Pearson and the coaches seem to have a free ride here with the constant dreadful defending . People acting like we got a team full of shite players and the constant conceding of 2+ goals is acceptable 

Let's not forget we haven't scored yet either.  If the ball is constantly being lost upfield and rebounding on us, defenders will make mistakes. Just like the rest of the side have. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

International experience means very little. Never understood why this is used as a barometer of quality. A San Marino plumber can be an international footballer.

This is an average squad and there is no reason to think we can’t get better players with a high profile and well connected manager, and some shrewd recruitment within our means.

Big difference between a San Marino plumber and our players who have come from Chelsea etc 

This is a better squad of players than the one Critchley has available.

We have improved from an extremely low base but should be doing better with this squad.

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Apart from the 1st 20 mins, we’ve been utterly shit today. We’ve still not lost the ability to look like a Sunday morning pub team rocking up after a night on the cider.

I blame injuries & luck & player go round, we cant put out a top 11 for more than one game since Lee took over it seems, so frustrating

• Robin 1