IGNORED

Blackpool away match day thread

We trashed Preston last game who are now 4pts from play offs....point is we are not a million miles away; we could have, should have etc and the ref, team selection, manager all come in for a moan at.

We are where we are, not much we can do apart from move on to the next game in this the life of this our club.

Prediction for the future....we will be up a bit, down a bit but probably be mostly just about where we are atm as we have been for the last 50yrs

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Saw that on the highlights, ref completely bottled it.

We were right in front of it and I saw it as a head butt - certainly one that gets players sent off . The ref was in our line of vision . As soon as it happened he was shaking his head and saying no as he walked over.  
he was a very fickle ref. Constantly pulling us up for taking throw ins at the right spot but one Blackpool throw in which should have been in their half ended up with the player throwing it about 5 yards in our half .. not the reason why we lost but infuriating nevertheless 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

So on with the zonal marking then that works so well . Wasn’t talking about the players at his disposal, we all know he has what he’s been left with but being that both he and his assistant were defenders you’d like to think that they’d know what they’re doing …:yawn:

Out of interest…until we played QPR (h) in December we’d conceded one goal from a corner all season.  The mix of zonal and man marking was working really well.  Free-kicks I don’t have the data, but corners were well defended up until then.

The key things is to find out why.

There are some things that you might draw some conclusions from!

Martin missing some games?

Max replacing Bents?

Opposition doing their homework and aiming more back post than near post whip?

It needs to get back to when it was working well…or it needs changing.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Baker ? Atkinson and Tanner were fit ? Not sure how Max has now become the sole player responsible for defenders not marking players, not clearing lines, not being first to the ball  etc etc. 

I said “you might”.  It’s not all encompassing, it is lots of things….there are question marks at the end of each.  I’m not saying it is Max, just that the goalkeeper selection change is a difference in the last month or so.  I’m sure there are many other reasons too.  I doubt it’s one thing.  Just like I don’t think our better performances are all don’t you Max’s distribution.  You know as well as I do that football has too many moving parts / dynamics to put things down to one one player.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I said “you might”.  It’s not all encompassing, it is lots of things….there are question marks at the end of each.  I’m not saying it is Max, just that the goalkeeper selection change is a difference in the last month or so.  I’m sure there are many other reasons too.  I doubt it’s one thing.  Just like I don’t think our better performances are all don’t you Max’s distribution.  You know as well as I do that football has too many moving parts / dynamics to put things down to one one player.

Don’t you go to bed?

OK, I wasn't at the  game and only saw the highlights on Quest. Recently one or two players have been criticised on this forum, but watching TV, it appears the entire defence just did not perform.

Looking back though, it's two months since we last conceded less than two goals in a League game. Are our players 1; definitely "out of their league", or 2; is their coaching and tactics not good enough?