IGNORED

Blackpool away match day thread

20 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

I would say that was a balanced comment - do you disagree ?

Come on, it’s alright.

I know you don’t like Pearson and don’t want him here. 

I don’t think you’re any less of a city fan for having that opinion.

It is funny though.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Ha, ANY keeper would struggle to keep a clean sheet with our defensive frailties in from of him.

22 goals in 8 league matches is not good enough and at least half a dozen of those would make you question the goalkeeping. He's been given a chance which I can fully understand Nige doing, he just hasn't taken it and that's his issue nobody else's.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Indeed. The performances have been a little steadier than the results of late.

Today is the first time in a while where both performance and result are poor.

Yep, sounds poor all around today.

Sack the board ??

Edited by 054123
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course they are. But the point is “international experience” is no barometer for quality between one team and another.

You could have a team consisting entirely of uncapped Englishmen who are all comfortably better than Kalas, O’Dowda and Wiemann. Only one team will be able to brag about internationals but it doesn’t tell you who is better.

Sorry, but how can a team full of internationals (Not City obviously) NOT be a barometer of their quality?  The one reason they were picked to represent their country was because of their quality?  You are free to disagree?    ?

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry, but how can a team full of internationals (Not City obviously) NOT be a barometer of their quality?  The one reason they were picked to represent their country was because of their quality?  You are free to disagree?    ?

My previous post literally explained that to you. It’s only a barometer of their quality relative to other players from their country. Not relative to the opposition.

Remember that keeper Marinovic who had one shocking game for us? He played for New Zealand. So he’s an international. You want to tell me he’s got more quality than Bentley?

Edited by ChippenhamRed

We were very poor in bad conditions against a horrible team. Dasilva continues to show some decent touches, not sure anyone else did much, most very poor. When pretty much everyone has an off day the result is inevitable. Attack was off today, but got to work out how to get to a place where the attack not firing doesn’t automatically result in a heavy defeat. Oh well, hopefully for Reading our inconsistency yo-yos back the other way. 

• Like 1

That’s one to learn from and to be filed under:

1 totally outplayed by a direct, physical side

2 unable to defend crosses

3 too often out-muscled in 50/50 situations

4 poor decision-making when we had the ball or a half-chance

Only positives for me were:

1 we didn’t have anyone sent off, it felt likely and on another day Wells gets a red card 

2 Scott

3 the support from the traveling fans who endured a 800+ round trip, shocking weather and a poor team performance 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1