IGNORED

Chill your beans...!

PFree

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m surprised that someone who was so vehement about TomF deleting their OTIB profile, data privacy, GDPR etc, when leaving this forum has come back?

I’m assuming Prinny, who left OTIB because of his stance on Simpson / Pearson, has remained away.  Although I do wonder about one poster ?

I only see their posts, because people quote them.

I’m feeling a bit of a moron now, because I hadn’t really paid much attention to “Tafkarmlf”. Thought it was an odd name, hadn’t read their posts that much so didn’t twig. Now it’s clear it stands for “The artist formally known as…” I’d agree - why delete everything just to come back. It’s clear they want people to know who they were previously on here by the user name (I could understand coming back on a different basis but using that name is just bizarre).

I’d almost say there was a case for banning.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m feeling a bit of a moron now, because I hadn’t really paid much attention to “Tafkarmlf”. Thought it was an odd name, hadn’t read their posts that much so didn’t twig. Now it’s clear it stands for “The artist formally known as…” I’d agree - why delete everything just to come back. It’s clear they want people to know who they were previously on here by the user name (I could understand coming back on a different basis but using that name is just bizarre).

I’d almost say there was a case for banning.

I just like discussing, debating on OTIB with people who like discussing and debating…I use the ignore button for those that don’t.  I can’t be arsed.

Im sure others use ignore button on me.

Edited by Davefevs

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Thank you for seeing the point I was trying to make 

I don’t expect us to be top 6, but with the squad of players we have at our disposal we should be doing so much more. Organised and resilient are to perfect words to describe something we just are not

I refuse to believe ability wise we have the weakest team in this league when it comes to defending. Yet on paper we almost have 

My biggest frustration is when we start showing a few small signs of improvement everyone starts coo-ing that ‘Nige’s’ plan is starting to come to fruition ….yet when we have days like today “it’s not his fault “

At some point he has to start taking accountability for these defensive shit show. He’s been coaching them for over a year ffs 

Spot on.

Also, I notice that it only took one game for Klose to join the ranks and make a crass defensive error. What happened to the calmness we saw last week?  His totally unnecessary hasty clearance for the first was embarrassing. 

Edited by firstdivision

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

My biggest frustration is when we start showing a few small signs of improvement everyone starts coo-ing that ‘Nige’s’ plan is starting to come to fruition ….yet when we have days like today “it’s not his fault “

Equally there are posters who when we play well say it’s all down to the wonders of our young players who are Prem bound and nothing to do with NP/CF, but when we don’t, pile into NP, lots of strong views on all sides. Clearly conceding at the rate we are isn’t sustainable, but there’s at least an argument that a fair amount is down to personnel/financial situation, but that doesn’t mean that NP can’t/shouldn’t be doing better either.

I’m not sure that the defence is particularly strong and just needs better coaching, Kalas can flatter to deceive due to (high) level of commitment, Klose just getting back into playing and Pring probably more of a left back. A fit/firing Atkinson with Pring to LWB would help.

It’s been alluded to somewhere else, but whilst 3 CBs has benefits (particularly given we don’t have a proven RB of 4 option), it does encourage players to assume someone else must be picking up strikers and result in CBs left in no man’s land. Think 2 CBs encourages man marking, particularly in open play, where we have too many players covering space, rather than being close to opponents - either NP/CF could do more here, or players lack the ability to carry out instructions. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  I do like that Max’s distribution, and on Bentley’s current form it is an upgrade.  But I also said I think some of the reasons for our improved performances was Semenyo (which also allowed Martin to rest too).

Several posters have said it’s only about shot saving.  I’ve disagreed with that.  He hasn’t made many (any?) big mistakes that have led to goals. But…

…is he giving confidence, organisation, communication, etc?  You can’t tell that from Robinstv.

My issue is still - does Bentley improve us?

My but feel is yes.  Therefore I recall Bentley (subject to Covid) on Wednesday.

Its a bit wise after the event, but what are you supposed to do…form an initial opinion and never change it? ??‍♂️

You're talking out your ass! I actually agree, Bents needs to come back, I can't feasibly see how he will make the defence worse.

• Haha 1

@Tafkarmlf @IAmNick people, people please. I am neither a "he" nor a "she". I am a Greek hero of a bygone age, exiled to a foreign shore with only a spreadsheet and an internet connection for company. Thus, as Odysseus once said unto Polyphemus, I should be referred to solely as "no-one"*.

It seems like there may be more complexity here than even I can comprehend.

I simply saw a positive, grounded thread started by OP, and responded to a post that attempted to dilute that positivity. If I have overstepped something by introducing a numerical viewpoint then shame on me.

But cheers for fighting over the details on my behalf.

As I say, we've improved. These are not Nigel's dog days (they happened in the Carpathians).

Forza City, win against Reading.

*or "no-man" depending on your precise flavour of translation. 

Edited by ExiledAjax

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Good post, 

Oddly Tony Robinsons Greek History stuff came up in another post earlier on today, so love the mix of styles. 

Going through soccer base stats before from a quick visual count, not double checked it's 19/30 games this season we've conceded at least 2 in. 

Again according to them, today's match was oddly enough Nige's 46th in charge with a win percentage of something daft like 23.9%. 

I can't do the romance such as your post, however hopefully there's going to be no skittling off like Metternich on the back of a cart. 

Ah now statistics on our concession rate I can agree with you in. It's very, very poor. An average xGA of over 1.5 also suggests it is not a result of bad luck - rather it is baked into the team. Others have eloquently and thoroughly explained some of the reasons for these defensive deficiencies, and I hope to god we are trying to sort them. I've just watched Pearson's post match, and he clearly recognises this.

In my opinion it is as simple as stopping the shots. Allowing nearly 5 shots on target in an average game is very, very poor, and we need to stop that.

8 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Mate, thanks for the advice,  

I love the tenacity in which people seem very keen to deflect stuff then try something else. All simply because they're disagreed with. It's pretty shitty really and doesn't paint this board in the best light. 

No idea who Ralphmilnesleftfoot actually was, but been reading long enough to know who they were and thought a tafkathing would be a bit of a laugh, seems to have worked given the obsession with her on here long after she's flounced. 

Danny Simpson's signing hasnt worked well has it? So on that score she was right (she was a she? Could never work it out)  in terms of payoff versus delivery. 

If you want to discuss, discuss. If you want to whine over ex posters, go moan somewhere else. 

282818995_crazydog.gif.ec4965a2898b7774775c2c505152430b.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Mate, thanks for the advice,  

I love the tenacity in which people seem very keen to deflect stuff then try something else. All simply because they're disagreed with. It's pretty shitty really and doesn't paint this board in the best light. 

No idea who Ralphmilnesleftfoot actually was, but been reading long enough to know who they were and thought a tafkathing would be a bit of a laugh, seems to have worked given the obsession with her on here long after she's flounced. 

Danny Simpson's signing hasnt worked well has it? So on that score she was right (she was a she? Could never work it out)  in terms of payoff versus delivery. 

If you want to discuss, discuss. If you want to whine over ex posters, go moan somewhere else. 

I did not expect doubling down - nice! 

• Haha 1

I decided to wait till overnight before replying, as everyone is guilty of saying things whilst being frustrated.

Result yesterday was disappointing with so many poor performances across the board, but I was expecting a hard game against a team with direct yet unique style suited to their ground/weather conditions. We can’t expect young players to play well every game and it’s part of their learning at this level. 

I do think 9 games conceding at least 2 goals is concerning and needs addressing, I’m sure Pearson will eventually want to go 433/4312 so let’s start now and give the players chance to learn new formation ahead of next year. 

Bents/O’Leary

Vyner       Kalas.          Klose.    JD/Pring 

Scott.     Williams.     HNM

Weimann 

Martin.         Semenyo 

One final note and I think the most important of all, is that we all knew this would be a difficult year for the club, full of ups but probably more downs, whilst blooding youngsters into the team and staying in the division which I believe we will achieve. The majority on here can see the performances have improved over the last month or so (there had been glimpses before too in odd games) and that’s important going forward as it will give players confidence to look forward to next year, hopefully stay (like HNM).

Sometimes we are own believers in thinking we should be doing better in this league or higher up, but we have to be realistic in knowing there are bigger clubs with more resources than us, and we are one of 10-16 clubs who could be looking up or down, it just takes one run of results either way. Don’t let one bad result/performance doubt what I believe will still be a season achieving our basic goals, and probably a little more……

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

I decided to wait till overnight before replying, as everyone is guilty of saying things whilst being frustrated.

Result yesterday was disappointing with so many poor performances across the board, but I was expecting a hard game against a team with direct yet unique style suited to their ground/weather conditions. We can’t expect young players to play well every game and it’s part of their learning at this level. 

I do think 9 games conceding at least 2 goals is concerning and needs addressing, I’m sure Pearson will eventually want to go 433/4312 so let’s start now and give the players chance to learn new formation ahead of next year. 

Bents/O’Leary

Vyner       Kalas.          Klose.    JD/Pring 

Scott.     Williams.     HNM

Weimann 

Martin.         Semenyo 

One final note and I think the most important of all, is that we all knew this would be a difficult year for the club, full of ups but probably more downs, whilst blooding youngsters into the team and staying in the division which I believe we will achieve. The majority on here can see the performances have improved over the last month or so (there had been glimpses before too in odd games) and that’s important going forward as it will give players confidence to look forward to next year, hopefully stay (like HNM).

Sometimes we are own believers in thinking we should be doing better in this league or higher up, but we have to be realistic in knowing there are bigger clubs with more resources than us, and we are one of 10-16 clubs who could be looking up or down, it just takes one run of results either way. Don’t let one bad result/performance doubt what I believe will still be a season achieving our basic goals, and probably a little more……

Totally agree bb. Made a similar point on the Cundy thread. Time to go to the preferred formation. Those players who are going to be here next season can learn to play it effectively. Realise we are light at fb but will need to play with Vyner/Tanner and Pring/DaSilva injuries permitting.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Totally agree bb. Made a similar point on the Cundy thread. Time to go to the preferred formation. Those players who are going to be here next season can learn to play it effectively. Realise we are light at fb but will need to play with Vyner/Tanner and Pring/DaSilva injuries permitting.

Agree with you and @brad blitwe need to go back to basics, NP’s basics, and that is start gearing up for next season and that probably means a back 4 and probably a 433.

Lets forget keepers at this point, I’ve slept on last night’s debates and I’ll just got with whatever Nige decides.  We’ve no idea how Bentley is doing in training, how he’s responded to being replaced.

So what have we got!

RB: Vyner, Dasilva and Simpson (Tanner injured)

LB: Pring, Dasilva and O’Dowda

CB: Kalas, Klose, Cundy and Vyner (Atkinson back in a few weeks, Baker unlikely)

CM: Scott, Massengo, Williams, Weimann, Benarous and Palmer (James injured, King probably season over)

FW: Martin, Weimann, Semenyo, Wells, O’Dowda (LF), Conway and Bell

We have enough to start using it now.  Players in bold are ones imho we are unlikely to see play again.

• Like 3

I've never been wildly convinced with a back 3, but at the same time there have been some good results and performances prior to yesterday. I didn't see anything other than the Quest highlights but it looked quite poor.

4-3-3. Its time has come IMO. A fit Tanner would be very handy but we are where we are, hopefully he can be back sooner rather than later and not just technically fit but match fit too.

O'Leary I am torn on. His distribution is good, something that I see as important in a 4-3-3 especially but the number of goals conceded has been fairly unsustainable.

Some were his fault, some weren't but an issue too is that Bentley for his undoubted shot stopping ability doesn't really command a defence that well at times- I remember thinking that we looked more secure just before lockdown when Maenpaa came in vs Millwall and Fulham.

His distribution wasn't at Bentley levels but wasn't awful either, a Maenpaa type several years younger could have his uses.

Reading at home, Covid and injury permitting perhaps something like:

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Klose Pring

Massengo Williams Scott 

Weimann Martin Semenyo

Atkinson, his time will come. Tanner likewise, both young and have shown good things at times. DaSilva assist Wells goal, does that give a selection question or two?

Shape wise, I was also thinking about the same but Williams and Massengo as a 2, Scott fairly central in front and the same back 4, front 3. He can perhaps move back and forth in different phases of play however.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  I do like that Max’s distribution, and on Bentley’s current form it is an upgrade.  But I also said I think some of the reasons for our improved performances was Semenyo (which also allowed Martin to rest too).

Several posters have said it’s only about shot saving.  I’ve disagreed with that.  He hasn’t made many (any?) big mistakes that have led to goals. But…

…is he giving confidence, organisation, communication, etc?  You can’t tell that from Robinstv.

My but feel is yes.  Therefore I recall Bentley (subject to Covid) on Wednesday.

Its a bit wise after the event, but what are you supposed to do…form an initial opinion and never change it? ??‍♂️

Nige took an opportunity to have a good long look at Max when Bentley's form had dipped and, as you say, we did see a huge positive on the distribution side of things at the back with Max in goal BUT the issue is 22 goals conceded in 8 games and if/until Max does whatever he needs to do to stop that level of goals being conceded I think it is sensible to get a hopefully refreshed Bentley back between the sticks again. Unfortunately some posters have a huge inability to see beyond comments like mine being personal or a blame game - they really aren't, it's just a fact that at Pro level if the goals conceded are that high the vast majority of Managers will have to consider a GK change for the benefit of the WHOLE TEAM.

• Like 2

Interesting comparison below- I reiterate I'm not particularly worried and a bad game it can happen- and this only tells a story to an extent, ie doesn't cover transfer incomings, outgoings- effect of the crowd home and away but...even amongst it some metrics are superior but some are worse.

2022-01-30-101.png?w=860&h=947

Vs

2021-02-14-101.png?w=860&h=947

In so far as it's useful- and it is in some ways but not in others. 1) We are closer to where we should be in terms of points, which means we are overperforming less and that's a good thing. However it is still less points- otoh we are scoring and as we can see by the XG differences creating more, but on the flipside we are conceding too many, probably allowing too many chances and this model of xG has us conceding too many...51 to Preston away? We should have scored 38 though. Still though a year on, we are underperforming our numbers a bit which is good whereas last year we were clearly outperforming our numbers.

The table hasn't been updated beyond last weekend but I thought it was interesting given 29 games of each. Season started later too last year hence the difference in dates.

There are many other factors that are hard to quantify too. Last season we had a deeper squad absolutely, arguably a better squad in some respects- but the injuries were truly off the charts. This year we have younger players which is good for development but not so much for consistency.

I think we are ultimately moving in the right direction basically.

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree @Davefevs - if fit, Bents should come back in for me…..

Whilst DB’s distribution isn’t as good as Max’s, I can’t help but think that our defenders have more confidence in DB and his communication appears to be much better than Max?

I do think like others have said, we need to consider a new GK in the summer - someone like Basso who will not only communicate but with also command his 18-yard box….

Time will tell…..

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If, as many agree, we are moving in the right direction, then the question is are we moving fast enough to avoid relegation this season or next?

This season- yes (IMO). Helped along with other clubs of course by points deductions to others but that was their fault and only right and proper.

Next season? In theory yes- the younger players of whom we have a fair few will be a bit older but I also fear FFP trouble- what type of deductions and business plans- on the flipside how many others in that boat as well. I think barring sales to excess- ie lots of our better players at once- then we should survive next season and you'd also hope for a continued improvement on the injury front that would also help, but I wouldn't expect big things or fireworks next season- ie a big top 6 tilt or any huge winning runs either.

I think next season could be another tough one but then I can be a bit on the overly cautious side. I'm bracing myself for a lower midtable, maybe actual midtable season- or if it goes wrong a possible relegation scrap, FFP sanctions would move the dial in a direction that is worse. Avoid those and 2023/24, so summer 2023 could be a time we can look to build a bit more.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Or are we moving fast enough to keep our starlets.

Yeh, my biggest fear. Just watching the Forest game. Not sure they’ll go up, but if they sell Johnson for a big fee in the summer then could see the likes of this type of club coming in with a cheeky bid again. Along with other ex Championship managers who go up this season or lower Prem who survive, they’ll be well aware of our young talent and are particularly a threat as often they’ll target such players who will be equipped to help challenge again or sell on if they get relegated from the top flight, yo-yo club strategy, etc. Let’s face it, this has been what’s happened the last few years. Far from going to the big name teams, where have they ended up? Bryan (Fulham), Reid (Cardiff, then Fulham), Webster (Brighton), Brownhill (Burnley). All the sort of teams that we would like to (or think we should emulate. At the least we have to get up to competing with the QPR’s, Blackburn’s and Forest’s of this world asap, or we’ll get picked off again and it’ll be pretty much back to square one.

Wow, Forest just got a fourth! Look very good. Got to say, Cooper does look to be doing a good job. But would he have been supported with the likes of loans like Davis, the Danish bloke and even Spence (although on loan before Cooper arrived I think). As I was saying...

I’ll be amazed if Massengo doesn’t go this summer to a decent Prem or European club. Where I did agree with Ian on the FBC Podcast was in his opinion that HNM is looking too good for us. Okay, makes mistakes, 1 assist no goals? But blimey for a 20 year old you can just see a bigger club thinking how he could fit in with better players around him.

If we could end the season staying up with a few more performances like versus PNE, get rid of the last high earning deadwood and most importantly... keep Massengo, Scott, Semenyo, Pring, Benerous together on longer deals, we might have something to really build on. That would make me a lot more optimistic!   

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ray savino said:

Yeh, my biggest fear. Just watching the Forest game. Not sure they’ll go up, but if they sell Johnson for a big fee in the summer then could see the likes of this type of club coming in with a cheeky bid again. Along with other ex Championship managers who go up this season or lower Prem who survive, they’ll be well aware of our young talent and are particularly a threat as often they’ll target such players who will be equipped to help challenge again or sell on if they get relegated from the top flight, yo-yo club strategy, etc. Let’s face it, this has been what’s happened the last few years. Far from going to the big name teams, where have they ended up? Bryan (Fulham), Reid (Cardiff, then Fulham), Webster (Brighton), Brownhill (Burnley). All the sort of teams that we would like to (or think we should emulate. At the least we have to get up to competing with the QPR’s, Blackburn’s and Forest’s of this world asap, or we’ll get picked off again and it’ll be pretty much back to square one.

Wow, Forest just got a fourth! Look very good. Got to say, Cooper does look to be doing a good job. But would he have been supported with the likes of loans like Davis, the Danish bloke and even Spence (although on loan before Cooper arrived I think). As I was saying...

I’ll be amazed if Massengo doesn’t go this summer to a decent Prem or European club. Where I did agree with Ian on the FBC Podcast was in his opinion that HNM is looking too good for us. Okay, makes mistakes, 1 assist no goals? But blimey for a 20 year old you can just see a bigger club thinking how he could fit in with better players around him.

If we could end the season staying up with a few more performances like versus PNE, get rid of the last high earning deadwood and most importantly... keep Massengo, Scott, Semenyo, Pring, Benerous together on longer deals, we might have something to really build on. That would make me a lot more optimistic!   

There's a big Catch-22 about to hit us. This summer, moving into next season probably.

IF we don't sell then barring more optimistic outcomes than my forecasts we get a points deduction either in 2022/23 or 2023/24 and there is an EFL Business Plan as part of that- renewal of say Kalas and Massengo in those circs may prove difficult due to wage limits that are allowable within Business Plans given that they were signed during different times and a financial climate. Clearly if we sell a key player or two that moves the dial- likewise the two big sell-on-clauses that could kick in are Webster and Kelly- should there be moves next season the picture can change considerably.

OTOH if we sell say Massengo and Semenyo, that helps, potentially even solves the financial side but poses a big hit to the playing side. Keeping could be good but as per Paragraph 1, this brings about its own downside risks.

The complicating factor potentially, is how do we tie down these younger players if for arguments sake, we come under an EFL Business Plan for running into FFP trouble? Could in fact be the case that we cannot offer them deals on terms that they would prefer. Case in point- Richards and to an extent Olise at Reading- the former moved to Bayern on a free, the latter was sold for £8m due to a release clause reportedly- a better contract could have persuaded him to remove or increase the clause. Example 2. Marriott also had his contract extended at Derby- ie year option in 2020, but this was cancelled by the EFL in 2021 as the wage exceeded FFP allowances or similar. Now Marriott is no great loss to Derby probably, but they literally withdrew approval for the registration/extension after it had occured.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but am struggling to see a way through it. Massengo has 2 assists btw.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's a big catch 22 about to hit us.

IF we don't sell then barring more optimistic outcomes than my forecasts we get a points deduction either in 2022/23 or 2023/24 and there is an EFL Business Plan as part of that- renewal of say Kalas and Massengo in those circs may prove difficult due to wage limits that are allowable within Business Plans. Clearly if we sell a key player or two that moves the dial- likewise the two big sell on clauses that could kick in are Webster and Kelly- should there be moves next season the picture can change considerably.

OTOH if we sell say Massengo and Semenyo, that helps, potentially even solves the financial side but poses a big hit to the playing side. Keeping could be good but as per Paragraph 1, this brings about its own downside risks.

Absolutely, that’s why I think Massengo may be the most likely to go given alround the circumstances. Also it comes back to that old chestnut of recruitment. I f we felt that we had a fairly reliable record or model of good value recruitment over the last couple of years, (think Brentford, even Peterborough at a lower level), then I wouldn’t be so concerned. Unfortunately bar a couple of exceptional deals, we have wasted a lot of valuable cash on poorer replacements and one for the future/clubs in the bag punts, either perm or loan.

Essentially my gut feeling is I think we will have to sell this summer in order for NP to get the sort of players he needs. What is crucial is that obviously we sell the players who will have less impact on NP’s overall plans for rebuild. Does that mean we fight tooth and nail to keep HNM or Semenyo, or do we feel we can afford getting rid of Bents, Kalas and replace them easier to the advantage overall of the team/squad. Or do we have plenty of potential/flair/strength in midfield (Scott, Williams, James, Benarous, Kadji, etc.).

Or as you say, maybe Kelly, Webster, Brownhill may move with us receiving a nice sell on... and we get to move on high earners like Palmer and Wells?

Blimey, decisions, decisions. Nice being manager behind a keyboard, not sure about in real life despite the money!

• Like 2

I don't think NP is doing a bad job, especially with his hands tied financially. I am disappointed with the inability to sort our defending of set pieces though. Seems a pretty basic area for an ex CB, especially when he stated early on that he intended to focus on sorting the defence first. 

Yes, injuries to Atkinson and Tanner have probably undermined him. However, when you look at the impact of Cooper at NFFC and Wilder at Boro it doesn't compare well to what Nige has achieved. 

Some managers are just the right fit for a club and you often see that quite quickly. I'm just not sure NP is gonna turn us around in the same way you see at some other clubs. No doubt SL will give him plenty more time to try,  as is his way. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's a big Catch-22 about to hit us. This summer, moving into next season probably.

IF we don't sell then barring more optimistic outcomes than my forecasts we get a points deduction either in 2022/23 or 2023/24 and there is an EFL Business Plan as part of that- renewal of say Kalas and Massengo in those circs may prove difficult due to wage limits that are allowable within Business Plans given that they were signed during different times and a financial climate. Clearly if we sell a key player or two that moves the dial- likewise the two big sell-on-clauses that could kick in are Webster and Kelly- should there be moves next season the picture can change considerably.

The complicating factor potentially, is how do we tie down these younger players if for arguments sake, we come under an EFL Business Plan for running into FFP trouble? Could in fact be the case that we cannot offer them deals on terms that they would prefer.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but am struggling to see a way through it. Massengo has 2 assists btw.

I honestly don’t think we are too far over the £39m based on current projections and an expectation that some players will leave this summer, a combination of those allowed to leave OOC and those contracted being moved on.

Re Massengo, he either gets sold, bringing us in money, or he signs a new contract that smooths the money over a longer period.  Same with Kalas.

So I don’t see us getting a points deduction.  Being monitored by EFL, yep, but not a points deduction.

It does mean we have to be frugal, it won’t be easy.

We will know more as and when conclusions are reached on Massengo.  I actually think he will stay.  Maybe that’s heart over head???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Seems a pretty basic area for an ex CB, especially when he stated early on that he intended to focus on sorting the defence first. 

I bet he wishes he could be out there himself.  Unfortunately he can’t cross the white line.

I don’t think we should dismiss how much James’s influence is missed in front of the back 4.  Hopefully Williams can bring that in his absence when he finally starts a game.

• Like 2