IGNORED

Cundy

GrahamC

FWIW I think we should revert to a back 4. Nige is on record saying he doesn’t really like a back 3/5. And whilst I understand why he made the switch, it isn’t working.

Despite what some posters believe our position in the championship and Nigel’s as manager are safe. Perhaps it’s time to experiment with 433, if that is going to be our preferred system going forward. Gives certain members of the current squad the opportunity to play themselves into (or out of!) contention for next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno about Vyner, but I think the way we finished the game might be how we go on Wednesday.  I’m still sh1t scared playing Williams on Wednesday, though.

I’m struggling to see who else there is at RB in a 433. I think if we go 4 at the back Vyner will play. I don’t think he would trust switching Dasilva auto RB in a 4. 

• Like 2

Back three back four. What does it matter. If you shank a clearance and it comes righ back into the area for a goal can’t defend a corner or show a left footer inside to roll the ball past your keeper you can have whatever row of numbers you like. 

it’s basic errors and bad defending having full backs won’t change that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Last week against PNE, I was impressed at how committed our defending was, people were tackling and throwing their bodies into blocks. Today they didn’t seem they cared at the back. Deffo didn’t fancy it today. 

Exactly. That is it in a nutshell Sport. They didn’t fancy it after the shanked clearance for the first goal. 

It really is that simple. Cold, wet, windy, big team! They went through us  particularly our midfield like a knife through butter for sixty minutes

But apparently OLeary is the problem!!! L M F A O

We passed back and forth three yards at a time, won nothing , couldn’t find anyone and just looked like they were willing the ref to blow up for FT after half an hour all over the god damn pitch. 

The only one in credit after that is Williams who had the stones to keep going despite playing with cold pouting little boys! 

For a change it’s not Vyner fault mind you, it’s OLeary ‘s good lad!! Take one for the team son!

We will see what Pearson does but I hope they deem Williams fit enough to start! On Wednesday. See you then maybe!

On topic. Where was Cundy?

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, redpole said:

I’m struggling to see who else there is at RB in a 433. I think if we go 4 at the back Vyner will play. I don’t think he would trust switching Dasilva auto RB in a 4. 

I agree. I would play Vyner at right back while Tanner is out. Pring and DaSilva to fight it out for left back. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Found it a bit annoying that in the pre match interview the city guy said just one change on the bench, Bentley not involved. And then Pearson explains why Bentley is out. 

No mention of Cundy not involved.

Agree, really poor, the bloke interviewing NP should have picked up on that, hence me starting this thread but it appears no one knows if he was unwell, picked up a knock or simply left out of the 18.

3 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Been told he's releasing him ?

Seems unlikely as he said in midweek he was a “good defender” & put him on as a sub last week before Vyner.

Not saying that might not happen in the summer but we’re nowhere near that time yet.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Cundy had a tight back and tight hamstring. They didnt want to risk involving him in the squad.

Probably come back in on Wednesday.  Glad we are going careful with him. After that long out there isn’t any real rush in terms of forcing the issue.

Hopefully he’ll get further opportunities between now and the end of the season.

Hopefully he does well enough to earn an extra year.

Would be a shame for him to leave OOC having not had a real chance.

• Like 1