IGNORED

FBC - Podcast (Blackpool)

Davefevs

Not going to bother to listen but doesn’t surprise me.

Been a snarky agenda against him for a long time, especially when they had to stop criticising Weimann because he was in the top four scorers in the division.

One regular on there has been saying he should go since October so any defeat will just entrench that view.

• Like 5

It’s the moving of the goalposts to frame an agenda that does me.

Earlier in the season.

“Our home form is dreadful, if our away form drops off we are gonna be in real trouble”

Away form drops off.

”moan, moan, moan”

But no acknowledgement that our home form has turned around in the meantime.

Isn’t Nige just “telling it as it is” when he says “we are where we are”?

Isn’t that a bit hypocritical?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Just about the first thing he said 

1m 6s in…and that included the intro music.

so entitled.  Threatened to not buy a season ticket next season.  Again.  Said the same last season.  Still bought one. Said he’s only willing to pay if we’re playing well. Hahaha.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Been a snarky agenda against him for a long time, especially when they had to stop criticising Weimann because he was in the top four scorers in the division.

One regular on there has been saying he should go since October so any defeat will just entrench that view.

You are referring to the comments of Ian in isolation so please DO NOT cover the rest of us with that blanket of criticism.

Ian is just being Ian and whilst his voice on this subject sees him, for now, in a minority he is like anyone entitled to an opinion no matter how extreme.

Perhaps if you listened you would hear the more balanced view of Nick Sutton in particular.

• Like 5

Just now, GrahamC said:

I think questioning results / performances is acceptable , but I struggle to understand how people can change their opinions so quickly on the back of result (yesterday was a bad result). Especially when praise has been given to Pearson for past couple of performances etc- it’s an incredible knee jerk reaction. I do feel questions should be asked as to why we’re not defending better , especially as Pearson was a decent CB himself. 

We have to remember we have several young players in the team , and new to championship football , results and performance are going to fluctuate.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

You are referring to the comments of Ian in isolation so please DO NOT cover the rest of us with that blanket of criticism.

Ian is just being Ian and whilst his voice on this subject sees him, for now, in a minority he is like anyone entitled to an opinion no matter how extreme.

Perhaps if you listened you would hear the more balanced view of Nick Sutton in particular.

Neil is a great addition to your podcast - very measured 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I can listen to Neil (not Nick) Sutton every week, he sits in front of me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we were to win a few on the bounce it would be "I always said Nige was the real deal."

Or, more, likely, "I'm glad Nige decided to listen to me at last."

Its the same every time we lose, its just a knee jerk reaction every week on a match by match basis, nothing more than that and it adds nothing to the podcast - may as well read the match day thread for that sort of thing.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

My nan is dead so is anyone else's nan available?

?

My Nan is unfortunately no longer with us. My son’s Nan however is available. She’s just had a replacement knee so won’t be out on the training pitch for a while.

As for style of play. I quote “ I don’t mind watching the football (as opposed to Place in the Sun/The Chase). As long as they don’t try that tippy tappy rubbish “.

In the running?

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

If we were to win a few on the bounce it would be "I always said Nige was the real deal."

Or, more, likely, "I'm glad Nige decided to listen to me at last."

Its the same every time we lose, its just a knee jerk reaction every week on a match by match basis, nothing more than that and it adds nothing to the podcast - may as well read the match day thread for that sort of thing.

And you can throw in comments like:

”a wise man once said…blah, blah, blah”

or throw in stats, but there’s no education / context as to why the stats are what they are.

Bemoans us having 35% possession (when we’ve won games).

Bemoans us having 61% possession when we lose.

Never any thought into why those numbers are generated.  Says he done some analysis, what he really means is he’s looked at some numbers, but not the underlying causes.

So why did we have 61% possession and lose yesterday Ian?  What did we do with it, where did we have it, why did we have it there, what did we do with it when we had there, etc, etc.  never any thought into that is there.  I notice he’s stopped using Shots on Target as his result determinant, now that it doesn’t align to his negativity!

• Like 4
  • Flames 6

Just now, daored said:

But he openly said he hadn’t seen the game and to be fair didn’t comment on the actual game, but did challenge views of the situation overall at the club 

Yep, exactly…and I think he’d have countered Ian’s over-reaction.

Mark’s summary was good, but Ian just treads all over him, or makes unsubtle comments in the background when he is talking.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1m 6s in…and that included the intro music.

so entitled.  Threatened to not buy a season ticket next season.  Again.  Said the same last season.  Still bought one. Said he’s only willing to pay if we’re playing well. Hahaha.

Not really the definition of a supporter: when your performances meet my expectations I’ll be back in touch. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but when taking stances that are always looking for anything to confirm an ideological perspective, rather than adjusting views as facts change, it looks like narcissism, rather than ‘straight talking’. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Never any thought into why those numbers are generated.  Says he done some analysis, what he really means is he’s looked at some numbers, but not the underlying causes.

As the cliche goes, data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I notice he’s stopped using Shots on Target as his result determinant, now that it doesn’t align to his negativity!

Although strangely if one actually does some analysis of SoT then we see that although SoT for has improved greatly over the past year, SoT against has stayed static or even worsened. So, whilst a superficial review of a single statistic might leave the contributor out of ammunition, some real analysis of SoT might not see him so bereft.

Compare our current average SoT allowed to the same quality posted by teams in the high and low positions in the table, over multiple seasons, qnd he might see that our SoT allowed is at the level of a bottom team.

SoT can, with a bit of thought, still be fashioned into a just criticism of the current team. Some further analysis of why SoT against remains poor might finally move us towards a worthwhile conversation that could actually lead to suggesting some kind of feasible and effective solution.

That's this does not happen reveals the commentator's deficiencies in this area.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

The thing bothers me is this sort of nonsense gets a wider audience on larger social media platforms and leads to mass unrest ( WBA away). Thus ruining all the good work that is being done to turn 2 horrendous years decline around.

I do enjoy listening to FBC but they need to provide a bit of balance sometimes.  Nigel has inherited a complete mess and 1 year on in my view are in a much better state then when he joined.  Sometimes you have to look beyond results and performances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

You did agree with him though didn't you? Straight after that comment you said "we tell it as it is!". The problem is that that isn't telling it as it is that's just an opinion based on a knee jerk reaction.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

What is Ian’s name on here? Does anybody know? I think it’s one poster but not too sure. 

I actually quite enjoy listening to him because I disagree with so much of what he says it cracks me up. Good to hear a different view point from time to time. 

Will have a listen to this tomorrow. 

• Like 1