IGNORED

FBC - Podcast (Blackpool)

Davefevs

I just wish they’d sort the audio out. It was awful again with background noise, feedback etc. This is just basic audio/video conferencing etiquette and really detracts from the listening. Just go on mute when not contributing! 

As for Ian he’s clearly a compete buffoon but it’s good to have different opinions.

Neil is a breath of fresh air though and has a good balanced view of things. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 4

I agree about the sound quality, its actually painful at times. Maybe have a word with Stanley and look at his setup, OSIB is really good. Dave you need to try and avoid deep breathing out your nose after every sentence. And as for Ian, he walks around his house doing all kinds of things in the background, yet he's the first to kick off if anyone else dares make a noise. 

Ian is basically a narcissist!! With such an astute knowledge of football, and in his own opinion seems to identify exactly where we are going wrong and how should play, I'm surprised he hasn't be recruited to manage at the highest level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

The self opiniated one is simply embarrassing - I cringe when I think , what others fans think , when they hear him 

At least it’ seems Twentyman has become bored of listening to his drivel.

Maybe that’s because of the email I sent him complaining about using IG as a regular contributor to his phone -ins when in no way is he representative of fans in general. 

Edited by redapple
  • Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 14:27, GrahamC said:

I can listen to Neil (not Nick) Sutton every week, he sits in front of me!

Cheers @GrahamC, you made me laugh there. Which given that I'm stuck at Bristol Crown Court in a trial for the next 4 weeks isn't easy.

I know Thomas (my eldest) loves shooting the breeze with you now, and your carefully considered opinions on Referees and Linesman.

I try to take a balanced approach anyhow. There are so many similarities with the 1982 situation, with all the budget issues, playing kids, smaller squads, and players out of position. The only difference is really we have SL behind us, and for some unfathomable reason, although we really have been poor for the last two seasons, we still find ourselves in the Championship; and hopefully not looking at relegation (I still check Peterborough, Barnsley & Derby after every game ?).

We are yo, yoing this season. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Very rarely in between for me. It is what it is; and let's be fair for me this season has been seen the emergence of a number of potential future stars (Semenyeo & Scott, jury still out on HNM for me).

I love the club( it gets under your skin doesn't it), and enjoy doing the podcasts when I can.

I'm looking forward to a time when we actually win back to back games again. Small gains isn't it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

I really enjoy the podcast,and I love the other 2 as well. The Rob Newman interview was great. I do find Ian to be a bit of a cantankerous old fool , but at the same time I’m laughing at him. Once you realise he’s Piers Morgan to Dave’s Suzanne Reid it’s easier to listen. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 14:24, headhunter said:

You are referring to the comments of Ian in isolation so please DO NOT cover the rest of us with that blanket of criticism.

Ian is just being Ian and whilst his voice on this subject sees him, for now, in a minority he is like anyone entitled to an opinion no matter how extreme.

Perhaps if you listened you would hear the more balanced view of Nick Sutton in particular.

I've been saying it for fifty years still here . Odowda must go ??

54 minutes ago, redapple said:

I really enjoy the podcast,and I love the other 2 as well. The Rob Newman interview was great. I do find Ian to be a bit of a cantankerous old fool , but at the same time I’m laughing at him. Once you realise he’s Piers Morgan to Dave’s Suzanne Reid it’s easier to listen. 

That's VERY funny!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Cheers @GrahamC, you made me laugh there. Which given that I'm stuck at Bristol Crown Court in a trial for the next 4 weeks isn't easy.

I know Thomas (my eldest) loves shooting the breeze with you now, and your carefully considered opinions on Referees and Linesman.

I try to take a balanced approach anyhow. There are so many similarities with the 1982 situation, with all the budget issues, playing kids, smaller squads, and players out of position. The only difference is really we have SL behind us, and for some unfathomable reason, although we really have been poor for the last two seasons, we still find ourselves in the Championship; and hopefully not looking at relegation (I still check Peterborough, Barnsley & Derby after every game ?).

A lesser man than me Neil would do the “I hope you get off” joke at this point, but of course that’s beneath me..

They should have Thomas on the show, he’s a star & understands football far better than some I could mention ?

Me too re those bottom three, every time they fail to win I mentally chalk up another victory.

1 hour ago, redapple said:

Crikey, does that make me Ben Sheppard? I do have a tipping point.

• Like 2

On 07/02/2022 at 07:00, One Team said:

I just wish they’d sort the audio out. It was awful again with background noise, feedback etc. This is just basic audio/video conferencing etiquette and really detracts from the listening. Just go on mute when not contributing! 

As for Ian he’s clearly a compete buffoon but it’s good to have different opinions.

Neil is a breath of fresh air though and has a good balanced view of things. 

It's virtually unlistenable at times. 

On 07/02/2022 at 08:10, Paul Cheesey said:

I agree about the sound quality, its actually painful at times. Maybe have a word with Stanley and look at his setup, OSIB is really good. Dave you need to try and avoid deep breathing out your nose after every sentence. And as for Ian, he walks around his house doing all kinds of things in the background, yet he's the first to kick off if anyone else dares make a noise. 

Ian is basically a narcissist!! With such an astute knowledge of football, and in his own opinion seems to identify exactly where we are going wrong and how should play, I'm surprised he hasn't be recruited to manage at the highest level.

Love it. Spot on

I do like the podcast but over the last few months Ian has been very negative and clearly has an agenda against a few at the club. He is also often rude to Headhunter I find at times, talks over him, discredits his opinion whenever he talks about the past which is totally relevant to our current standing. If you ignore his antics and just laugh at how delusional he can come across as then you'll enjoy it.

It's a bit rough around the edges but these are long standing City fans who love the club. To have a podcast out there after every game is brilliant and there are 3 good ones to choose from although I only ever listen to 3PIAP and FBC, but that's down to personal taste.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

I do like the podcast but over the last few months Ian has been very negative and clearly has an agenda against a few at the club. He is also often rude to Headhunter I find at times, talks over him, discredits his opinion whenever he talks about the past which is totally relevant to our current standing. If you ignore his antics and just laugh at how delusional he can come across as then you'll enjoy it.

It's a bit rough around the edges but these are long standing City fans who love the club. To have a podcast out there after every game is brilliant and there are 3 good ones to choose from although I only ever listen to 3PIAP and FBC, but that's down to personal taste.

Agreed by and large!

Poor old Ian is getting a mauling, some of which is a bit OTT. I think GT is quite aware that Ian is not representative of anyone except Ian.

The bloke has the testicles to say what he thinks and to be honest is pretty accurate on a lot of occasions. He’s passionate about the club and I like that , as they all are, and despite sometimes being a bit depressing they are doing the poddy and they have an audience as clearly seen by this thread  

I wouldn’t change Ian, but perhaps the comments above can be noted by Ian as they are not all inaccurate!

As for @headhunter please please please please stop telling everyone what you think about Callum ODowda  WE KNOW! Perhaps a disclaimer at the beginning of the next show. Saying I don’t like Callum ODowda  and I am never going to say it again!

• Like 2

On 07/02/2022 at 09:43, Red hot poker said:

It’s a good podcast, though has a lot of sound issues. The contributors speak well & are knowledgable, however Ian can be quite rude at times to the others , also enjoy the interviews / episodes with past players or city people , so overall well done chaps 

It;s the variation in audio volume that bugs me........one contributor will be so quiet that i have to turn up the volume, and then it switches to Dave, and he blasts my eardrums, so i then turn the volume down......and so it goes on  Ha!!   Good podcast, but please sort out your microphones?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

It;s the variation in audio volume that bugs me........one contributor will be so quiet that i have to turn up the volume, and then it switches to Dave, and he blasts my eardrums, so i then turn the volume down......and so it goes on  Ha!!   Good podcast, but please sort out your microphones?

Spot on. Plus the constant talking over one another is annoying. Still enjoy listening though and hope the 3 podcasts continue for a long while yet.

18 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Agreed by and large!

Poor old Ian is getting a mauling, some of which is a bit OTT. I think GT is quite aware that Ian is not representative of anyone except Ian.

The bloke has the testicles to say what he thinks and to be honest is pretty accurate on a lot of occasions. He’s passionate about the club and I like that , as they all are, and despite sometimes being a bit depressing they are doing the poddy and they have an audience as clearly seen by this thread  

I wouldn’t change Ian, but perhaps the comments above can be noted by Ian as they are not all inaccurate!

As for @headhunter please please please please stop telling everyone what you think about Callum ODowda  WE KNOW! Perhaps a disclaimer at the beginning of the next show. Saying I don’t like Callum ODowda  and I am never going to say it again!

Ian is the Craig Revel Horwood of FBC.