IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

36 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

We defo need a back up striker aswell. Someone to compete with Martin cause he can’t play all season. And if injury’s occur.

We don't

We have Wells still

Wienman who got 20

Martin who go 10

Semenyo who got 12

We have Henry Conwy, Bell, chomping at the bit in the under 23s 

Striker is the one position we are overly stacked in

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

We defo need a back up striker aswell. Someone to compete with Martin cause he can’t play all season. And if injury’s occur.

I agree we need a Martin style player, but only if we shift Wells. Got a lot of depth up front.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We don't

We have Wells still

Wienman who got 20

Martin who go 10

Semenyo who got 12

What if we have a situation again where Weimann and Semenyo get injured. We relied heavily on their goals last season. I don’t think Conway, Bell etc could contribute that amount of goals. And we don’t have anyone in the Martin mold. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

There would be a fee, he’s too young to leave for nothing.

Not sure seeing someone twice is a lot to base much of an opinion on.

He won player of the year in L2, was in the PFA team of the season & has impressed a lot of people (both on here & journalists), who clearly know their football.

I haven’t seen him play at all so can’t comment myself, my only observation is he appears far more of a RWB than a RB, which suggests we could be sticking with a back three if he arrives.

Also, As FGR have offered him a new deal….had they just released him with no contract offer, then compo wouldn’t be necessary, maybe just a small amount of EPPP training costs.

1 hour ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Coupled with others responses, I don’t think Nige is looking for back-ups in any positions really, want “better than” players generally.

20 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

What if we have a situation again where Weimann and Semenyo get injured. We relied heavily on their goals last season. I don’t think Conway, Bell etc could contribute that amount of goals. And we don’t have anyone in the Martin mold. 

Isn’t that what Wells is for?

We cannot have a squad that size based on that scenario or it would be around 35 players.

Until we know the score with Semenyo then I doubt we will bring in any more strikers.

You are right that we cannot expect Martin to play 45 games again this season but I could see a more experienced Semenyo partnering Wells if he did drop out, or if Antoine leaves, the replacement being someone able to do that role.

1 hour ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Not sure how we would sign players to be back ups that would only be needed if 2 players got injured, that are better than our youngsters and that wouldn’t be a waste of a wage.  Next season isn’t a push for the play offs, it’s a building job so need to give Conway and the likes some chance and not make them 6th choice 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

We don't

We have Wells still

Wienman who got 20

Martin who go 10

Semenyo who got 12

I think Seb Palmer- Holden is well liked at the club as well, he could push past a few.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Love it. Great for us to take a chance on a highly rated youngster from a local club, rather than see them going elsewhere and succeeding.

Good luck, Kane.

These are the sort of players people use to beat the club down if we don't sign them and they go on to better things.

This is the best round peg in a round hole signing we could have made this summer IMO.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Love it. Great for us to take a chance on a highly rated youngster from a local club, rather than see them going elsewhere and succeeding.

Good luck, Kane.

Yeah . We’ve all moaned how the young players we should of been looking at have slipped away . Nice to see we’ve changed our ways 

• Like 1

Is this lad actually any good then? Quite the step up from L2 to midtable Champ.

I am excited about our business so far but then again so were Ipswich fans when they replaced their average Champ squad with a load of young uns from the lower league and were promptly bottom all season