IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

Delighted with this!

I have to say, the early indications of this transfer window are extremely exciting. 

But also, the long-term impact this could have on our progress as a club. We actually look to be signing for the future, and not just the present (something we have been guilty of in the past). 

Well done to Nige, Gould and the recruitment team so far. 

• Like 12
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Anyone getting that Summer of '14 vibe?

In Naismith and Kane we’ve made two sensible signings. As someone else said, round pegs in round holes.

Sykes, I’m not 100% sold on, but he adds versatility and was a free transfer, so not much risk.

It’s a great start. Could do with another central midfielder if HNM goes, and wouldn’t be too surprised to see a striker to help us prepare for the inevitable departures of Wells and Semenyo either this summer or January.

Going about our business in a very efficient way - really encouraging……love how we are re-shaping our squad……Nige is clearly seen as a positive reason why these players are joining us.

DCM next and think that will see us finished with new signings unless those who are likely to be 1st team regulars next season leave (ie discounting the likes of KP,Moore, Vyner etc….)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

In Naismith and Kane we’ve made two sensible signings. As someone else said, round pegs in round holes.

Sykes, I’m not 100% sold on, but he adds versatility and was a free transfer, so not much risk.

It’s a great start. Could do with another central midfielder if HNM goes, and wouldn’t be too surprised to see a striker to help us prepare for the inevitable departures of Wells and Semenyo.

Edited by WECANDO
After thought.
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Anyone getting that Summer of '14 vibe?

I’ve long had a feeling we’ll do a lot better next season than the odds envisage, and in fact I started a thread in Feb time that stated I thought we’d go up in 22/23. I genuinely, 100%, believe that. There is no standout championship team. We’ve got a manager who knows what he’s doing, a plan, and players coveted by other clubs. Remember without the late goals last year how high we’d have been. And then think that was without Semenyo for half a season and Williams not fully fit.

This signing fills our most glaring gap. I’m not saying it’s the final piece, but if you could give me a side of…

Bentley

Wilson-Atkinson-Klose-Naismith-DaSilva 

Williams-James (Rinhomota)-Scott

Weimann-Martin-Semenyo

It’d be up there. And that’s on the assumption of losing HNM and Kalas.

One further midfielder and another striker and I think we’re there. But at the current odds, I’m definitely tempted to pile in

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

It’s a great start. Could do with another central midfielder if HNM goes, and wouldn’t be too surprised to see a striker to help us prepare for the inevitable departures of Wells and Semenyo either this summer or January.

Sykes is the Scott Wagstaff of 2014/2015 right? Versatile, always gives hundred percent, good squad player, who will mostly come off the bench....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Sykes is the Scott Wagstaff of 2014/2015 right? Versatile, always gives hundred percent, good squad player, who will mostly come off the bench....

And bring squad wages down massively… so whoever replaces Pearson will have some serious spending power when we start 23/24 in the Prem. 

It’d be just my luck that’d be the return of Lee Johnson. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Need to really start moving certain players out though. That’s the biggest challenge of this summer. Palmer nearly gone, suggestions on Twitter that baker is leaving, need to sell bakinson, moore, kalas and even wells if we are able to keep hold of semenyo. The outgoings are more key to our financial longevity

• Like 1

Really encouraged by our business (even if this one currently remains a rumour) so far. Sensible, efficiently conducted, early transactions adding players whose  ages/profiles bode well both for the short and medium-term.

As others have noted a few departures are needed too.

Well done to all concerned.

19 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Always gives a 100% is not what ive heard from an oxford mate, the other two im very encoursged by though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Always gives a 100% is not what ive heard from an oxford mate, the other two im very encoursged by though.

There'll be no room for cruisers at the New Bristol City. Just a toe up the jaxy and a spell on the sidelines, courtesy of Nige.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Need to really start moving certain players out though. That’s the biggest challenge of this summer. Palmer nearly gone, suggestions on Twitter that baker is leaving, need to sell bakinson, moore, kalas and even wells if we are able to keep hold of semenyo. The outgoings are more key to our financial longevity

I’d say we’re pretty confident of outgoings given our business so far. Loans may come in handy for moore and bakinson again if all else fails.

• Like 1