IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

39 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

I think Scott will now go back to his best position in midfield, giving us two options at right wing back (Tanner and Wilson). Hell, GT and KW might even play together at times next season like Pring and Dasilva did, with Wilson on the wing and Tanner behind him at RB.

Amazed this needs explaining.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Great news, that we have signed one of our targets on a free..

But where does this leave George Tanner? Will be loaned out?

For me, RB / WB is going to be a high intensity position next season, and we will need two athletic, energetic players to share the workload (not necessarily 50:50 though).

36 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

I think Scott will now go back to his best position in midfield, giving us two options at right wing back (Tanner and Wilson). Hell, GT and KW might even play together at times next season like Pring and Dasilva did, with Wilson on the wing and Tanner behind him at RB.

Agree.

31 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm unsure of the rules around this.  Would EPPP count if he didn't come through their academy?  He signed from WBA and essentially went straight into the team at FGR.  I can't seem to find anything concrete about young players who have not gone through the academy system about how compensation is arrived at.  

Of course, with lots of reports that it's a free transfer I guess it's possible that FGR have waived an up front fee in favour of a sell on clause.

EPPP is not the best articulated scheme, lots of ambiguity.  There is some ongoing commitment to the original academies the player used through his youth journey.  Transfer fees often mean a percentage (5% I think) passing back through the clubs on a pro-Rata basis.

• Like 1

Don't know much about him. Like how we are going about things and hopefully he can be the right back that we have been crying out for for  years and years. That said I'm not going to get overly excited. Reading the FGR forum some don't think he'd hold down a place straight away. 

Fingers crossed he lives up to the hype on here.

• Confused 1

I think we need to accept that it might take him time to adjust to the Championship. I've seen him up close twice (hugging the touchline as he does), and he seems to want to get on the ball as often as he can which is good to see. He's young so will grown into the role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if today was the day all the players were also in for pre-season tests?

I thought it was on June 10th.

I'm guessing they've been waiting for the new signing to happen to release the new away kit with him in it, as per Williams & Atkinson in previous seasons.

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Apparently. Then off for another two weeks. 

Yes, think it was @AshtonRobin21who said in for 1 day, then off until pre-season starts…unless you do badly in your tests!!!

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

I heard them say on Sky today is the first day of the transfer window - which I have to say , confused me 

Yes, registration window officially open today.

• Like 1