IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

36 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

How often is a defender named player of the season, in any division? A very very exciting signing...

I think we'll discover that he's not really a defender though.

Which is fine as most modern full backs aren't - his strengths lie in going forward i believe. Much the same as George Tanner. Pointing towards a  back 3 formation surely. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Reminds me of when we signed Ayling

Just hope it doesn’t end like Ayling - selling on cheaply for a player who is now a Premier League regular. Would be better if he could do the latter without needing to move!!

• Like 1

He speaks really well. Another good first interview. 

The drive and determination from the new signings is great to hear. All sound like they are coming here for the right reasons. 

It was interesting to hear Wilson say that he was impressed by the clubs early business in the transfer window.

Flying back from a family holiday in order to complete the fitness tests shows a great attitude as well. 

Delighted with this signing.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It has been very clear that Pearson is a big draw for these players as is the training ground and the desire to use and play young players .

we might finally have a strategy . It feels like we have a joined up club with a vision . At ffff last . After 4/5 years of made up nonsense . This will take us far . 

What's also clear, is there is a plan and getting through last season was part of that plan, 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

He's saying all the right things.................close your eyes and with that Brummie twang he could almost be a younger Mark Ashton !                       There...I've said it !

Crikey Slarti, don't saddle the poor lad with that on his first day!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

He's saying all the right things.................close your eyes and with that Brummie twang he could almost be a younger Mark Ashton !                       There...I've said it !

You have. Now go away and think about what you've done.?

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Now, Now Slarti.

As Miss Taylor would have said, 'Let me be clear about this'.

No more mention of MA.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, CiderJar said:

He doesn't seem the brightest, he says he can play at "right back on both sides". At least he'll be able to translate for us when  we go to West Brom.

Bit harsh - definitely a full stop/comma between right back and on both sides! Great interview. Nice to see that he wants to be in the city as well as the club. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Just hope it doesn’t end like Ayling - selling on cheaply for a player who is now a Premier League regular. Would be better if he could do the latter without needing to move!!

Just keep him away from Cheltenham and we’ll be fine. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

No chance - not one “let me be really clear”!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think we'll discover that he's not really a defender though.

Which is fine as most modern full backs aren't - his strengths lie in going forward i believe. Much the same as George Tanner. Pointing towards a  back 3 formation surely. 

It’s all about what we want him to do in the “system”.  Look at TAA, in fact look at Litts in 14/15….starting position like a RW, almost as high as the forward line, creating space for Ayling to drive forward.

Will be interesting to see how he fits in.

I’m not sure I know yet how many CBs we will play.