IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Just hope it doesn’t end like Ayling - selling on cheaply for a player who is now a Premier League regular. Would be better if he could do the latter without needing to move!!

Oh I don’t know, Ayling helped us become champions; I’d be quite happy with that outcome again!

• Like 1

Nice comments on the FGR forum:

Kane Wilson set to join Bristol City on a three year deal. All the best for the future Kane - one of the best I've seen in a FGR shirt 

Many thanks to Kane and best wishes for your future.

A real talent, I hope it all works out for Kane at City. We'll miss him

Thanks for everything Kane.

Good luck and best wishes.

I’m sure you’ll do well at Bristol City.

You’re a star.

Good luck to Kane if he signs for Bristol City great on and off the field, heard we will be playing city in friendly weeks ago 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Nice comments on the FGR forum:

Kane Wilson set to join Bristol City on a three year deal. All the best for the future Kane - one of the best I've seen in a FGR shirt 

Many thanks to Kane and best wishes for your future.

A real talent, I hope it all works out for Kane at City. We'll miss him

Thanks for everything Kane.

Good luck and best wishes.

I’m sure you’ll do well at Bristol City.

You’re a star.

Good luck to Kane if he signs for Bristol City great on and off the field, heard we will be playing city in friendly weeks ago 

For info, their forum thread quotes average salary incorrectly.  That survey was average “highest” salary per club…which was pretty misleading.

Of course we've yet to see the new signings but it looks very promising for the defence next season, the weaknesses should be ironed out and as a bonus Alex Scott will be available to play in midfield. If the forward line can continue from where they left off and we can avoid injuries to key players I'm getting optimistic about our prospects for next season. Nige seems to have a master plan and has the ability to attract players to the club.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yep, agreed. All guess work just now.

But!

I can't see Wilson playing high to allow Kalas to drive forward! Or anyone else likely to be playing RCB for that matter. 

No, but I could see him playing high for Joe Williams to spray it about after getting the ball off the CBs or GK.

On 08/02/2022 at 20:44, Harry said:

Yep. Not far wrong with that summary Jon. 
Half time up here. O’Connell has been decent so far. Nothing outstanding, just doing exactly what you’d expect of your central CB. Made a few decent clearances, brave on one where he had to collide with the post. Decent enough on the ball, quite composed, but the medium to long range passing isn’t very accurate. 
He’s been bullied by Jamille Matt a couple of times, but that happens to most League 2 CB’s weekly! 

He’s a decent size, but does appear to lack a bit of pace.  Here he is. Number 6. 

6C586BDC-BA02-46BB-8E27-22EDCAD61836.jpeg

Hell of a slope 

11 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Of course we've yet to see the new signings but it looks very promising for the defence next season, the weaknesses should be ironed out and as a bonus Alex Scott will be available to play in midfield. If the forward line can continue from where they left off and we can avoid injuries to key players I'm getting optimistic about our prospects for next season. Nige seems to have a master plan and has the ability to attract players to the club.

It does seem like we've identified the players we want, that are realistic within our budget, and got in early to get the business we want, done.

Also pleasing to see that it is the problem areas that we are addressing, rather than signing players just to bolster the squad. 

Signing L2 players will always be something of a punt/risk - but it looks like we are signing ones that are generally regarded as being better than that level. Add to that the championship experience of the guy from Luton, which looks very shrewd business. 

It's certainly promising, sensible transfer business. 

Will always be key to hold on to those that we particularly want to keep (Semenyo, inparticular) 

If we can get the game plan right & these new lads hit the ground running, then we could actually have quite an exciting team coming together..! ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Do you work for the BEP?

Edited by P'head Red
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Monkeh said:

You can look at thus another way kane is a prem player who had to drop down to get his career back on track, after all, he was released by West brom

Having played zero minutes of Premier league football, I'd think that describing him as "a prem player" is probably being a little bit inaccurate. 

I, like everyone else, think this is a potentially very good signing - but let's not try & pass it off as anything other than having signed a top L2 player & certainly not as someone who is an ex prem player. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Monkeh said:

You can look at thus another way kane is a prem player who had to drop down to get his career back on track, after all, he was released by West brom

He was youth player at West Brom who made the subs bench once . Bit a stretch calling him a prem player but I like the positive thinking 

47 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He was youth player at West Brom who made the subs bench once . Bit a stretch calling him a prem player but I like the positive thinking 

He's actually struggled to settle before last season. His breakthrough season hopefully rather than a one off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Having played zero minutes of Premier league football, I'd think that describing him as "a prem player" is probably being a little bit inaccurate. 

I, like everyone else, think this is a potentially very good signing - but let's not try & pass it off as anything other than having signed a top L2 player & certainly not as someone who is an ex prem player. 

The point I'm trying to make is this would be looked on far more positively if we signed him directly from West Brom as apposed to forest Green,

• Like 1

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

He dropped down to FGR for a reason. Lets wait and see if he make the higher grade this time around.

Because they paid the best wages and weren't far from his current home?

Or did he personally tell you the reason?

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

The point I'm trying to make is this would be looked on far more positively if we signed him directly from West Brom as apposed to forest Green,

I've seen nothing but positive tea tion to his signing. 

He's clearly been one of the lower divisions' best players. 

It's a big step up from L2 to Championship, no question - but it's not as big a step as it would be from West Broms youth team, to the Championship. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've seen nothing but positive tea tion to his signing. 

He's clearly been one of the lower divisions' best players. 

It's a big step up from L2 to Championship, no question - but it's not as big a step as it would be from West Broms youth team, to the Championship. 

Jamie Vardy and Ian Wright did bigger step ups and it didn't turn out too bad for them.  I like his attitude he's obviously been promised playing time, and feels he has a point to prove . A fans favourite at Forest Green, I think he could quickly become one of ours.

Small interview with KW. I’m excited to see how he progresses in a City shirt. I know you get the usual sound bites when a new player signs. But I sense he is genuinely happy to have signed for us. He really comes across well. With him and George Tanner who also has impressed me. We have to very hungry and ambitious players who will push each other on. 

• Like 5