IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

On 12/06/2022 at 16:22, Bar BS3 said:

I've seen nothing but positive tea tion to his signing. 

He's clearly been one of the lower divisions' best players. 

It's a big step up from L2 to Championship, no question - but it's not as big a step as it would be from West Broms youth team, to the Championship. 

Your last statement is absolute rubbish if you don't mind me saying!

Kids football does not prepare them like league football, if it did we wouldn't send our youngsters out in loan

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Kids football does not prepare them like league football, if it did we wouldn't send our youngsters out in loan

I think you've misinterpreted that post if you don't mind me saying.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Small interview with KW. I’m excited to see how he progresses in a City shirt. I know you get the usual sound bites when a new player signs. But I sense he is genuinely happy to have signed for us. He really comes across well. With him and George Tanner who also has impressed me. We have to very hungry and ambitious players who will push each other on. 

Good interview, let's hope he doesn't enjoy the local cider too much though! Otherwise his song might be "Wilson is a cider drinker, he drinks it all of the day" 

Edited by Port Said Red

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think you've misinterpreted that post if you don't mind me saying.

Just now, frenchred said:

have I?

he was saying it’s a bigger step up from wba kids to champs than it is league 2 to champ?

your right, i did misinterpret it, so apologies all round

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Are you not saying the same thing? kids - > mens football is a bigger step up than L2 - > mens?

On 12/06/2022 at 13:12, Monkeh said:

The point I'm trying to make is this would be looked on far more positively if we signed him directly from West Brom as apposed to Forest Green,

Why may I ask?

My guess is that as a young player at Albion, he was going to struggle to get in their Premier League or Championship team on a regular basis. Either fighting relegation or promotion makes it difficult for most youngsters. Only the top class one's can do it.

So a drop down for a season or two is very sensible and separates those who are not good enough from those who deserve a second chance.

Wilson, Tanner, Scott, all the others recruited from lower leagues and even Dasilva from a Prem team, are likely to provide us with a core of the team for the next few years and hopefully taking us up at long last.

Just catching up on varied City news- can he play RB too or is he first and foremost- perhaps solely- RWB?

If he can slot between the two that will further boost our tactical flexibility, options. Seems a potentially good outlet anyway- young, room to grow still- I did see on Quest one week that he both won and conceded a penalty in the same game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

He can play either Mr P.  His attacking qualities lended itself well to FGR’s system last year, as it did with Cadden on the other side, who is a LM by trade.  The season before Wilson played a lot as RB.

A case of OTIB pigeon-holing players.  Wilson himself said he likes the defensive side too.  In fact, he’s played LB too.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dave- that's good to hear, in theory then we could switch in game with him at RB, pushing onto RWB- playing on the left is another useful bonus too- but we could certainly switch between a form of 3-5-2, pre Semenyo return perhaps 3-4-2-1 and 4-3-3 otoh in game- with Naismith the other, able to drop into a back 3 or move into a CM 3.

I’m really pleased with the signings so far. Klose resigned, Nailsmith from Luton, Wilson from FGR and Sykes from Oxford.

Nige has certainly strengthened the defence which as we know was something of an Achilles for City last season with two of the defenders having decent Championship experience we’ll hopefully be conceding less goals. 

Signing any lower league player is always risky - not all make the step up, Akinde and Eisa spring to mind. However I reckon Nige/ Fleming will get Wilson and Sykes to develop into the best they can be. They’ll certainly learn what’s expected of them starting in Austria right now.

I’m actually feeling pretty optimistic about this coming season.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, frenchred said:

Isn't that what I said..?!