IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

6 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

If you want wing backs to be high intensity and provide most of your width and wide attacking threat then having 4 and using rotation can be really effective. Pochettino used to do this at spurs with Walker, Rose, Trippier and Davies. Kept them high energy and focused when they played. 

Budget is the issue here but totally agree in theory.

Edited by Waconda

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

To be fair I don’t really listen to Bristol Post when it comes to ‘transfer talk’. Won’t get excited just yet…

Likewise, just putting it out there.

One of the best players in L2, good age, an area we need to strengthen, local and on a free. No brainer.

Watch him go elsewhere!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Likewise, just putting it out there.

One of the best players in L2, good age, an area we need to strengthen, local and on a free. No brainer.

Watch him go elsewhere!

Has every chance of replicating Scott Twine, albeit from Right wing back. 

22 years old, double figures for assists, out of contract (small fee required due to regulations), and potential to command a high future fee. 

Would be nice to see us actually secure this signing. Still annoyed that we didn't pursue Twine last year. 

Could make the position his own for years to come, with Tanner challenging him, that's a great future for the club. 

• Like 3

As others have said, the only concern is that we've got untested Tanner, and then untested Wilson. 2 rookies vying for the RB role.

Personally I'd rather we signed someone like Smith for experience, however I also prefer Wilson over Tanner.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 14:55, Harry said:

But yes, Wilson was good. Two fantastic assists. 
Ebou Adams was very good too. 

On 09/02/2022 at 11:36, Harry said:

Yes, I do like Ebou. He’s a very important piece in FGR’s success. 
He can sometimes be a little hit and miss though - specifically concentration/focus-wise. 
For example, last night, he was hardly in the game for the first 30 minutes, but when he did get into the game he started trying things which he really shouldn’t have tried - it was almost a complacency at times. 
But I do like him. FGR will no doubt be in League 1 next season, and if he stays it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on at that level. I think L1 is probably his ceiling. 

On 21/03/2022 at 22:16, Harry said:

Ebou Adams was his usual industrious self. 
For @Port Said Red’s interest, I thought Adams and Stevenson in the middle really bossed Sarpong-Wiredu, though he did work hard and defended well. 

This thread also contained a number of comments on Ebou Adams. 
I see Cardiff have just picked him up on a freebie. 
I like Ebou. As per my comments above he was a key part of FGR’s success. 
I did want to see how he’d fare at L1 but Cardiff have obviously taken the gamble on him, so I’ll be interested to see how he does. 
It’s about taking as much of an educated gamble as you can on these players - particularly when they are local and available. I wouldn’t have minded Ebou here, as well as Wilson, but Cardiff have stuck their neck out on Ebou and it’ll be good to see how he progresses. 

Edit…
Plus Cardiffs need in CM is more than ours, with Pack, Ralls and Vaulks all out of contract. With us having James and Williams under contract it’s probably an area we weren’t prepared to take a gamble on someone like Ebou

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Harry - whatever our views on individual players, it is encouraging to see rumours of the likes of Wilson and Sykes.

My over-riding thought re these two names over and above their ability is - pace / energy (not necessarily power).  Something we’ve lacked.

Re Wilson, he’s also played LB / LWB a fair few times too (at Exeter too!).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Harry - whatever our views on individual players, it is encouraging to see rumours of the likes of Wilson and Sykes.

My over-riding thought re these two names over and above their ability is - pace / energy (not necessarily power).  Something we’ve lacked.

Re Wilson, he’s also played LB / LWB a fair few times too (at Exeter too!).

Agreed. 
Yes, as much as I’m not as hot on Sykes as others, he’s still a decent player and I am happy that we are looking at local young players. Our ideal target market really should be the under 25’s in and around Cheltenham, Forest Green, Newport, Swindon, Oxford, Exeter, Plymouth. 
So it’s good to see the the first 2 rumours of the summer are 22 year olds at FGR and Oxford. 

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1

On 06/02/2022 at 14:30, Davefevs said:

I’ve got lots of stats for him. ???

I’m hanging onto them for the mo’ though! ?

image.thumb.png.2ec0a164fe0c5efe985badb95f35f366.png

I think @Harrymightve been there yesterday???

He’s on my summer list.  Suspect most Championship clubs are taking a serious look at him.

Time to reveal your charts, Dave? ?

1 minute ago, Buckeyed said:

In typical City fan mode, I remain convinced he will sign for a bigger team than us. I can see Edwards taking him to Watford.

The problem with making the jump to a club like Watford is the sheer competition they have for places. 

Ngakia was considered one of the best young talents in the Prem when he was at West Ham. Then he joined Watford and has ended up playing lots of U23 football as he has Feminia ahead of him. 

Ethan Laird would be a good example during his time at Bournemouth this season. He was a regular for Swansea during his loan spell and was performing well. Then he ends up joining Bournemouth in January and barely featured for the second half of the season. 

We can offer Wilson regular games, something we have proof of in the likes of Semenyo and Scott. Rob Atkinson being another example of stepping up a league and being given a run of games throughout the season. We could also offer Wilson the chance to progress his career. 

At a team such as Watford, it takes one bad patch of form, and suddenly you fade into the background and are playing Under 23's football. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

In typical City fan mode, I remain convinced he will sign for a bigger team than us. I can see Edwards taking him to Watford.

Do you really consider Watford to be a bigger club than us? More successful in recent years, yes, but bigger?

(Appreciate they're in a far better position to sign players than us regardless of how big/small they are, so just arguing on a technicality here really)

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Not sure Edwards will be in charge of recruitment at Watford.

Given he might not be in charge at all for very long, I'm not sure I'd be rushing to join him if I was Wilson. 

7 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Do you really consider Watford to be a bigger club than us? More successful in recent years, yes, but bigger?

(Appreciate they're in a far better position to sign players than us regardless of how big/small they are, so just arguing on a technicality here really)

For a 22 year old from Birmingham, I'd certainly think Watford are bigger.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

For a 22 year old from Birmingham, I'd certainly think Watford are bigger.

Personally don't think he'd see much in it in terms of club size. Obviously they trump us on recent success, but we're probably superior in terms of stadium, fanbase etc.

There's lots of fairly obvious reasons why a player may choose Watford over us at the moment, but I don't imagine one of them being the thought "I'd much rather play for a bigger club like Watford instead of playing for Bristol City". 

47 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Personally don't think he'd see much in it in terms of club size. Obviously they trump us on recent success, but we're probably superior in terms of stadium, fanbase etc.

There's lots of fairly obvious reasons why a player may choose Watford over us at the moment, but I don't imagine one of them being the thought "I'd much rather play for a bigger club like Watford instead of playing for Bristol City". 

Premier League yo-yo club. Higher attendance that is. They are far bigger than us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Easily