IGNORED

Reading is on the red button.

Lanterne Rouge

8 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Forget the Red Button - let’s get as many down the Gate as possible on Wednesday; a big game and one which could go a long way to our survival this season - Nige and the players need our support ?

COYRs

Meh me and my mates were saying this but it’s either red button at the pub or £36 each if we want to sit together. That’s not including food and travel so it’s really a no brainer to stay at pub .

35 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Forget the Red Button - let’s get as many down the Gate as possible on Wednesday; a big game and one which could go a long way to our survival this season - Nige and the players need our support ?

COYRs

Not sure why people keep talking about survival, there’s no way we’re going down this season

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 3
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I’m sure Hull fans were saying that a couple of seasons back!

That was an odd one. They lost Jared Bowen on the last day of the transfer window who was their top scorer which probably didn't help. Wasn't there some rumour of the owners betting on relegation or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?

It happens, but this season there's Derby's point deduction, Barnsley are terrible and Peterborough aren't much better. Two teams on 14 & 15 points at this stage of the season makes it a fight for one place.

Barring yesterday, the last few performances give us signs of improvement

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

COYRs

I'll be coming from near Reading. Keeping fingers crossed the usual long trip home is a sweet one as I pass lots of Royals fans on the M4, looking grumpy as they bemoan yet another loss. 

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

I’m sure Hull fans were saying that a couple of seasons back!

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

That was an odd one. They lost Jared Bowen on the last day of the transfer window who was their top scorer which probably didn't help. Wasn't there some rumour of the owners betting on relegation or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?

It happens, but this season there's Derby's point deduction, Barnsley are terrible and Peterborough aren't much better. Two teams on 14 & 15 points at this stage of the season makes it a fight for one place.

Yepp, Hull lost both Bowen and Grosicki in January 2020, who collectively had 34 (!) goal involvements up to that point (23 of them Bowen's). For context, Hull had scored 42 goals as of Jan 31st 2020, so Bowen/Grosicki had been involved in over 80%. An extreme case of losing your best players. 

They then went on a ridiculously bad run:

• At the end of Jan 2020 (gameweek 30) - Hull had 39 points (14th Place)
  • At the end of the season - Hull had 45 points (24th Place)
  • 6 points from 16 games: 1W 3D 12L

That run also included a game in which they found themselves 7-0 down to Wigan* at half time (*who were 24th at the time).

Though Hull did get relegated having been midtable half way through the season, their example is incredibly extreme and a dramatic exception from the norm. It's not really a valid model for comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

If anyone actually thinks we'll get relegated, then get to a bookies sharpish, as you'll make a fair bit of money.

Screenshot_20220206-205007-828.png

“U Bet” know…

3 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Meh me and my mates were saying this but it’s either red button at the pub or £36 each if we want to sit together. That’s not including food and travel so it’s really a no brainer to stay at pub .

What pub shows the match? 

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

They lost Grosicki too.

• Thanks 1

On 06/02/2022 at 23:03, The Original OTIB said:

The relative complacency amazes me. This is City, after all. Until the sums tell me otherwise, we remain adjacent to trouble and I shall remain concerned.

Absolutely spot on. I cannot understand how so many dismiss the chance of relegation as some total impossibility. With the inability of the defence to keep out goals it still seems a threat.

• Like 1