IGNORED

COD

DT The Optimist

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Third O'Dowda thread of how much he is hated in a week!

He’s not hated just not good enough , nowhere near the level . We were very poor as a team on Saturday but he stood out as by far the worst on the pitch first half. I blame Fleming for bringing him on tonight. I know he’s not a wingback by trade (what is he) but his positional play & switching off mentally is poor. He needs to leave in the summer 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not seen the game. What did he actually do or not do?

Came on as sub, we conceded. He then tried to see a ball out of play unsuccessfully which they should have scored from. That’s all in about 5 minutes too…

He goes down injured, substitution is made and cheers around Ashton Gate as he hobbles off.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

On the Scott bit of the goal, how weird he didnt go for the tackle. Not like him.

But then Weimann is near Ince and stands there pointing allowing Ince to run with the ball into the box. 

Not sure what O'Dowda did in the build up to the goal? Seems like it was his fault as well but can't remember why?

It was the shepherding the ball out incident that should’ve led to the equaliser (a second Reading goal rather than Denzel Washington). 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Who said he’s not a quality player? He pulled out of a tackle which led to us conceding. If Vyner did that you would all be wanting him hung.

Vyner the now seasoned Championship defender who has continually made mistakes and is in and out of the side vs. Scott the attacking midfielder thought of as one of our best attacking talents at the age of 18.

Odd thing you have started and continuing here to be honest.

Its not really apples with apples mate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fordy62 said:

That’s cos Vyner always does it. He nearly did it tonight!

Poor play is poor play whether it’s the bright young thing who is going places or the whipping boy, doesn’t matter. Nobody is saying that Scott has to go through players but at least affect the other player rather than literally bottling out, that’s what it was.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Vyner the now seasoned Championship defender who has continually made mistakes and is in and out of the side vs. Scott the attacking midfielder thought of as one of our best attacking talents at the age of 18.

Odd thing you have started and continuing here to be honest.

Its not really apples with apples mate. 

Fleming will be speaking to him, guarantee it.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Poor play is poor play whether it’s the bright young thing who is going places or the whipping boy, doesn’t matter. Nobody is saying that Scott has to go through players but at least affect the other player rather than literally bottling out, that’s what it was.

Yes agreed. But I was telling you why Vyner would get slated for something Scott wouldn’t be… the regularity with which they do it. 

Let's 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

On the Scott bit of the goal, how weird he didnt go for the tackle. Not like him.

But then Weimann is near Ince and stands there pointing allowing Ince to run with the ball into the box. 

Not sure what O'Dowda did in the build up to the goal? Seems like it was his fault as well but can't remember why?

Let's forget for a minute O'Dowdas talent witch he surly has.

He just dosen't have the bottle,will never contest a 50/50, never prepared to get hurt.

Weather he stays at the club who knows, but he will never change.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He wasn’t marking his man, someone had to point and tell him to, they then got the ball in and got the pen

1 minute ago, Hocca said:

Then faked an injury to go off because he knew he was having a nightmare and doesn’t have the character to fight. Awful player

A total ineffective 10 minutes and embarrassment 

made numerous wrong decisions and needs to be shown the door in the summer 

Was trying to come up with a fair and articulate description, but i have to say that I just think that O'dowda is a pussy. 

He is taller than me, more athletic than me and more skillful than me. But, after watching him play for 6 seasons, I would not have any concerns at all about going into a 50:50 with him.

How any professional player at this level can be so devoid of aggression is baffling 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve never known a player that experienced, know absolutely nothing about playing football. Basically everything he does is brainless. 

Constantly runs head down, presses people needlessly and gets passed around, and bottles any hard tackle. 

Think Nige is starting to see it. 

• Like 10

Although I think he was bad, I do think on the “incident” when he didn’t shield the ball out a modicum of blame has to go to Max.

That ball goes a long way, and O’Leary is very deep. Which is common (see how deep he is on our corners for example). In the first phase decision, I’d expect it to be keepers ball - and the only reason it wasn’t was because Max’s  starting position (and I think willingness to take responsibility) was poor. 

Once O’Dowda goes he should do a million times better. But I also think it’s fair to say, holistically, that the situation should not have arose with a better positioned goalkeeper.