IGNORED

Reading at home match day thread

This is a six pointer however you look at it. If we win then we really can begin to relax in respect of being dragged into a battle. Too many teams have a superior GD and games in hand .

We are more than capable of getting the points if everyone turns up and we're due another one of those performances that gives hope for the future rather than fear of the present.

• Like 3

@Jerseybeanyou had to mention the referee - Oliver Langford.  A poor ref, but to give him a bit of credit he has improved a bit in the last 18 months.  Maybe a year without crowds have him a lift.

Reading still have some good players, Joao especially if he is over his injury issues - and he likes playing City.  But Liam Moore leaving, resulting in Tom Holmes partnering Michael Morrison does leave them exposed.  Moore was a v.good Champ CB, although recent months fans felt he’d chucked the towel in.

3 points are there for the taking, but I think it’s gonna be classicly underwhelming match. Got a draw written over it I think.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

This is a six pointer however you look at it. If we win then we really can begin to relax in respect of being dragged into a battle. Too many teams have a superior GD and games in hand .

We are more than capable of getting the points if everyone turns up and we're due another one of those performances that gives hope for the future rather than fear of the present.

Is it? If we lose we will be 11 or 14 points clear of the relgation zone, though the otib meltdown will be entertaining.

• Like 2

Looking forward to this. Tore my calf playing squash last night so all plans for three days off are out of the window and a holiday for half term to Disneyland Paris looks out of the window too!

Need something to cheer me up. I should really know not to rely on City shouldn’t I?! 🤦‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Looking forward to this. Tore my calf playing squash last night so all plans for three days off are out of the window and a holiday for half term to Disneyland Paris looks out of the window too!

Need something to cheer me up. I should really know not to rely on City shouldn’t I?! 🤦‍♂️ 

Ouch! Hopefully a speedy recovery mate.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Gazred said:

A win with a clean sheet would be nice.

2/3 changes expected?

Really important to cut out the mistakes - particularly defending crosses.

Also to maintain a defensive mentality until the final whistle blows.   I'm sick and tired of last minute goals against.

• Like 1

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is a "6 pointer" or a "must win game" from a relegation perspective (at least not for us - we should be safe).

However, it is a game that we should be winning IMO. Reading are in catastrophic form and have been accused by some of lacking commitment to the cause - quite reminiscent of us this time last season.

After a disappointing points return from Blackpool, PNE, and Luton, this is a good opportunity to put down a marker and show that we're a midtable side, rather than a bottom third side. 

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is a "6 pointer" or a "must win game" from a relegation perspective (at least not for us - we should be safe).

However, it is a game that we should be winning IMO. Reading are in catastrophic form and have been accused by some of lacking commitment to the cause - quite reminiscent of us this time last season.

After a disappointing points return from Blackpool, PNE, and Luton, this is a good opportunity to put down a marker and show that we're a midtable side, rather than a bottom third side. 

Cardiff v Peterborough tonight too.

I predict a draw in both games.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cardiff v Peterborough tonight too.

I predict a draw in both games.

Two draws maintains the gap so not a disaster.

But I'm predicting wins for Cardiff and us which will feel a lot more comfortable.

This is a game where the result is all. Win and we are looking good for a comfortable end to the season. 
Lose and it’s psychologically very damaging however it’s dressed up.

We all know that any Championship team can nick a goal, get awarded a penalty ( except us ) or drop a cobbler in defence. 
We just need to maintain our progress and confidence levels. 
No easy matches. I think the first goal will settle it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Fordy62 as you say factoring City into your rehab ain’t a great idea, COYR! 

• Thanks 1

Hope for a win tonight and a return to Preston/Luton style dominant games. 

Istr that it was vs Reading at home and loss that did for Holden. 

Another loss tonight maybe problematic and may result in change. 

Reading Vs Derby on Sat I think, so tonight is a must win. 

Hopefully we enact that hammering we've been promising 

COYR

24 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Hope for a win tonight and a return to Preston/Luton style dominant games. 

Istr that it was vs Reading at home and loss that did for Holden. 

Another loss tonight maybe problematic and may result in change. 

Reading Vs Derby on Sat I think, so tonight is a must win. 

Hopefully we enact that hammering we've been promising 

COYR

Followed next Wednesday by Peterborough v Reading. Their next 3 games are massive. It's up to us to keep them at arm's length tonight and not give them any momentum for their following games 

• Like 2